First night dining at speciality restaurants - free bottle of wine???

windsor26

If you received the "coupon book" from your TA there is a coupon for a bottle of wine on the first night if you eat in a specialty restaurant.  Pre pandemic the coupon was for a BOGO dinner on the first night.

If you are getting the coupon book, it will be listed on your Travel Summary"

• Like 2

This is very odd. I have received a bottle of wine each cruise for as long as I can remember. First specialty dinner I order a bottle that last me most of the cruise on a seven day. I have never signed for this and the only thing we have used for two dinners each is the little invite card in our cabin when we board. Usually has three tear off tags, two for dinners steak house and French, Italian and another one as choices. Third tag I forget it has been a few years, last Princess trip was Ruby 2018. Will be Elite after this next trip. Sailing in Oct. and will take a picture this time if possible.

Oh and TA has said before not from them.

9 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

This is very odd. I have received a bottle of wine each cruise for as long as I can remember. First specialty dinner I order a bottle that last me most of the cruise on a seven day. I have never signed for this and the only thing we have used for two dinners each is the little invite card in our cabin when we board. Usually has three tear off tags, two for dinners steak house and French, Italian and another one as choices. Third tag I forget it has been a few years, last Princess trip was Ruby 2018. Will be Elite after this next trip. Sailing in Oct. and will take a picture this time if possible.

Are you sure that was on a Princess ship? 2 dinners with little tags to tear off? Never seen anyone posting about this type of "gift".

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Are you sure that was on a Princess ship? 2 dinners with little tags to tear off? Never seen anyone posting about this type of "gift".

Only have sailed on Princess and NCL for years. Have received these on Princess for several cruises, thought it was a platinum perk. With NCL we only sail in suites because I like their perks plus we use them often as home ports for us are the northeast.

Will try to find something to post, will medallion crap not sure how it will work on next trip.

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Never had a free bottle of wine, never had a discounted meal, never had a book of coupons.

What am I doing wrong ?

Me, too!  We usually sail in balconies or mini suites, so perhaps it’s a full suite perk?  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, waltd said:

Could it be the type of cabin you are sailing in?   Been cruising for 30 years never got a free bottle of wine unless it was from the travel agent.

We sail in minisuites and club minisuites.

22 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Never had a free bottle of wine, never had a discounted meal, never had a book of coupons.

What am I doing wrong ?

The coupon book with the bottle of wine is something that TAs (& maybe PVPs) give.

I've gotten one many times from the TA that I usually use. Not interested in a bottle of plonk. The books used to have a BOGO dinner coupon for 1st night and a coupon for the large bottle of water. Took advantage of those.

Nothing else in the books has any value for me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, waltd said:

Don't the mini suites receive a half bottle of something?

Yes, sorry, half a bottle of red and white. 

Once you have tried them, you'll realise why they are free !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The coupon is good for the "wine of the day" which ends up being something you can buy at the grocery store for around $7.00. Whatever they ended up giving us at the Crown Grill was syrupy sweet and not our style at all.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The coupon book with the bottle of wine is something that TAs (& maybe PVPs) give.

I've gotten one many times from the TA that I usually use. Not interested in a bottle of plonk. The books used to have a BOGO dinner coupon for 1st night and a coupon for the large bottle of water. Took advantage of those.

Nothing else in the books has any value for me.

THIS!!  

39 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Me, too!  We usually sail in balconies or mini suites, so perhaps it’s a full suite perk?  

No we sail in suites all the time which gives us a free specialty dinner on embarkation night and never got free wine ever. This must be a TA gift or another line

• Like 1

Wow, it’s hard to believe we all sail on a Princess ship with so many different experiences  We would get an actual coupon book in our cabin with the BOGO for a specialty dinner only good on first night. Coupon book came from TA if their company was offering it at the time of our booking. Didn’t matter what type cabin we were in and it was also listed on our Travel Summary.  Some cruises we had it and some not. After cruising started back, we got the coupon book in an email for our December cruises. Didn’t use any as nothing we wanted   Have 12  cruises booked through 2023 and no coupon books for any of these cruises. 

On 7/10/2022 at 9:06 AM, latebloomer56 said:

I'm pretty sure you're thinking about NCL with the tear off coupons. I have received exactly what you're talking about on my NCL cruises. The coupons are loyalty based. 

Princess does not have any type of tear off coupons.

• Like 3