Royal Caribbean - This is completely unfair!

1 hour ago, BND said:

But, they usually eventually catch it.  They do audit.

We lost out on making D by one cruise when they introduced the new point count and Emerald.  So, we were Emerald for one cruise that should have made us Diamond.  That's in the past and we knew the rules could change.  In OP's case, the rules have been in place.  Oh well, that's life.

They have way more important things to do.😉

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

LOL.  They don't sit down and audit it by hand.  There are computer programs that can do it for them.  Others have reported it happening to them.  I know you need the points lol.

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

True, They  are going to be working on a refund for me now.................Was suppose to get credit back to my card for a $500 deposit on a cruise we canceled..................But lo and behold my Wife and I each got $250 FCC  today in emails....................Going to have my agent now run that down..............Was hoping for maybe a mess up, get the FCC and the credit to my credit card but so far that has not happened.

Edited by Jimbo

Just now, BND said:

LOL.  They don't sit down and audit it by hand.  There are computer programs that can do it for them.  Others have reported it happening to them.  I know you need the points lol.

I'm really not worried one way or the other.

But I seriously doubt it will change.

I got the points for our first Pinnacle certificate.  That shouldn't have happened. 4+ years ago

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:
    •  
  1 hour ago, twangster said:

Indy, 9/26, interior GTY solo $369

6-pack beer is $5.00........ You can stay home and drink a lot at those prices. If that is the only reason you are worried about being 1 pt. short.

Or, if you buy it around a holiday, you can get it a lot cheaper. I was able to score  several 30 packs for $15.25 plus tax. The same beer that cost $7+ and 20% gratuity on a ship.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BND said:

Doubt that program would cover cruises 52 years ago? But then again Royal is working with very, very old programs.................Some would say even antique. 

59 minutes ago, loman said:

Last year I had to book a crown loft to get double points x 2  to get to diamond.

Sometimes you got to do what you have to do .

Just why we booked the ABCs in October!

47 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Or, if you buy it around a holiday, you can get it a lot cheaper. I was able to score  several 30 packs for $15.25 plus tax. The same beer that cost $7+ and 20% gratuity on a ship.

Beer in the trailer park is way different than a beer at the pool on a cruise ship

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I did a "Point Run" when they were doing dbl points. I booked a JS on a 3 night solo for the 6X multiplier. This 3 day sailing got me 18 C&A points. This got me exactly to diamond. Can't wait to finally see what  is in that lounge. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jbr5049 said:

I did a "Point Run" when they were doing dbl points. I booked a JS on a 3 night solo for the 6X multiplier. This 3 day sailing got me 18 C&A points. This got me exactly to diamond. Can't wait to finally see what  is in that lounge. 

Don't get too excited.  I mean, they have chairs and tables, wow, right?  LOL.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jbr5049 said:

Can't wait to finally see what  is in that lounge. 

I think Voyager/Freedom class have the best ones. They are spacious feeling with tall windows for ocean views and high ceilings; does not feel confining. There is also an outdoor patio section. Next followed by the recently departed Majesty of the Seas, which just used a part of the Viking Crown Lounge, but another scenic, panoramic viewing spot.  

It will really depend on the ship if you like it or not. You've earned that specialty coffee, so be sure to enjoy one. 

6 hours ago, soremekun said:

I am at a weird "almost there" stage.  I am one single solitary point away from achieving diamond status.

image.png.6ed1aeb453e73cad624181137e87d6ce.png

Is there an inexpensive way to get over the hump so that I can hang out in the exclusive club for my October cruise?

It appears as if I can neither buy, trade, barter, nor scheme my way to diamond status.  On the second day of the cruise, can I negotiate my way into the Diamond Lounge?  Or, will I be stuck on the outside looking in?

After you're October cruise you will have something new to look forward to on the next cruise. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Hop down to Miami, stake out the corporate offices and when Micheal Bayley steps out to go to lunch slip him a fiver. Hey, 💲 talks!

@soremekunthe perfect reason to drop the auto tips; reward the staff that help you personally. 😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Doesn't take too much fill up Enchantment's though

I first made Diamond, on the then New-ish Enchantment, there wasn't a thing called the Diamond Lounge. Back then at most we had 6-10 Diamonds on Largest Ships doing popular Cruises. Right before CV on my Cruises the Diamond Lounge had to expand using 3 other Ship Lounges during Happy Hour

10 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

I first made Diamond, on the then New-ish Enchantment, there wasn't a thing called the Diamond Lounge. Back then at most we had 6-10 Diamonds on Largest Ships doing popular Cruises. Right before CV on my Cruises the Diamond Lounge had to expand using 3 other Ship Lounges during Happy Hour

Pretty sure our first D cruise was on Ex.  There was no lounge, just a "Diamond Event".  It was held up in the card room off the VCL.  It was all glass and very warm with the sun coming in.  We had a choice of wine or beer,  and no appetizers.  There was usually about 12 people in there at any one time.  So many changes since then.  I think we made Diamond in about 2011/12, but honestly can't remember exactly.    

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

I am at a weird "almost there" stage.  I am one single solitary point away from achieving diamond status.

image.png.6ed1aeb453e73cad624181137e87d6ce.png

Is there an inexpensive way to get over the hump so that I can hang out in the exclusive club for my October cruise?

It appears as if I can neither buy, trade, barter, nor scheme my way to diamond status.  On the second day of the cruise, can I negotiate my way into the Diamond Lounge?  Or, will I be stuck on the outside looking in?

image.jpeg.8f0a6899efefe5d8a04ae9a286f55b05.jpeg

I was In a similar situation.  I am Diamond, been diamond for a few years.  At last count I was at 173 points, needed 2 points for Diamond Plus.  Booked a cruise in 2020 for a weekend to get the points, but of course the pandemic happened.  Decided to rebook this year Fathers Day weekend and FINALLY got the points needed for Diamond Plus.  Seems you will have to book a weekend cruise to get the points needed for Diamond.,  BTW You do get better benefits in the Diamond Level.  Safe travels. 

2 hours ago, BND said:

Pretty sure our first D cruise was on Ex.  There was no lounge, just a "Diamond Event".  It was held up in the card room off the VCL.  It was all glass and very warm with the sun coming in.  We had a choice of wine or beer,  and no appetizers.  There was usually about 12 people in there at any one time.  So many changes since then.  I think we made Diamond in about 2011/12, but honestly can't remember exactly.    

Think was 1998 for me, also first time brought all my 3 Kids. Back then Diamonds were first in group off/on Ship and though no Diamond Lounge we had access to Concierge Lounge. Some change is real good, Cruising is lot cheaper now and with SOLO 340+ plus multiple Military Discounts Royal offers. On Panama Canal 16n next yr, Solo in a Balcony/Aft is 35% cheaper then my first 80's 7n Caribbean Cruise for 2 in an OV Cabin

I just did a 3 nighter on Indy which was the cheapest thing I could find.  Booze cruise and spring break weekend 😬😳🥴.   I needed 2 points to hit Pinnacle and wanted that for an upcoming Panama Canal 13 nighter.  I got my points (and survived the 7am still drunk people) and I'm ready to sail 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We have always watched our points. We became D on the last 2 days a few cruises ago.

We are now hunting down the D+ status which we will get on our next cruise thanks to the Australian double points program this year. Hence why we booked a JS on an 18 night cruise which will give us a whopping 72 points in one hit. This will take to D+ this year.