Misleading royal up offers.

So I  was watching a blog on Anthem about how they were miss led into a royal up offer and had to fight  for what they thought they were getting. Made me look at my royal up offers and I think I have the same thing.Screenshot_2022-07-15-23-56-29-299_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.fcfbce4524fce21c010f119920d6dfb4.jpg

Look at the 2 royal up offers isn't the ocean view large balcony photo a jr suite?

I would be disappointed to win that and get a normal balcony room with a slightly bigger balcony given this photo

Am I wrong?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

No.

RCI marketing photos are many times not representative of what you actually get.

I would think most people assume the photos are accurate depictions of what you are bidding on.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I would think most people assume the photos are accurate depictions of what you are bidding on.  

Until you discover with a real life experience or via posts here, that they are not. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Until you discover with a real life experience or via posts here, that they are not. 

So you will agree it's misleading advertising to induce one to place a bid?

• Like 5

It looks misleading to me.  Maybe it was an honest mistake😈.  I bet they didn't mistakenly list any jr suites with inside cabin photos.🤪 

Since Plusgrade does this marketing, RCI will probably just argue that it wasn't their mistake, and they didn't know anything about misleading advertising being done on their behalf.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, poocher said:

Rooms look like mirror images size wise.

Look closely at the chair in the OV with large balcony.  It's stretched.   It's an OV, but the photo has been manipulated.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BND said:

Look closely at the chair in the OV with large balcony.  It's stretched.   It's an OV, but the photo has been manipulated.  

Yup, just like photographers for realtors do with online photos for some homes.  

I've been in large balconies on ocean view and a couple do have the 2nd window.  I think it is the cabins that are more square than rectangular.

This reminds me of a commercial a few years ago where Nissan advertised their compact truck.  It was shown doing things that the truck was simply not capable of doing, like flying and jumping over ravines and mountaintops.  There was a small bit of fine print on the screen that seemed to disclaim this as impossible, but it was still inappropriate.  What's next?  Will the advertise Hostess Twinkies as vegan, calorie-free, fat-free but with a fine-print disclaimer stating that "food is not actually calories and fat free"?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

So you will agree it's misleading advertising to induce one to place a bid?

It's no more misleading than is common in pretty much all advertising. The picture is of an ocean-view with large balcony. There is just variance in those rooms, and that was the largest individual room in that category across the fleet, not representative of the average room in that category. But that's common. Order food online for delivery, and the picture isn't what an average order of the item looks like, it's a picture of the item looking as good as they could possibly make it.

• Like 2

This is not a Royal specific thing.  Marketing does this all the time.  Here's an article about fast food photos....

https://www.insider.com/fast-food-reality-versus-photos-promos-2017-3

I remember the show Friends (I think it was) making a joke about a hotel room being shot from a certain angle to make it look more appealing. 

As mentioned, the photo was stretched.  Personally, I would take any picture taken by a seller with a grain of salt and do some research on my own before buying something.  Would you buy a car simply based on the picture a dealer posts? 

If you look at the marketing photos of features like bars, suite lounges and Diamond Clubs they use generic photos from various ships.   They still have Diamond Club pictures from when early Oasis class had a DL that overlooked the promenade even if look at "Things To Do" on others ships like Quantum class.   Those DL's have been gone for years but the pics remain. 

The issue isn't specific to RoyalUp.  Cabin photos are generic and not an actual picture of the cabin you are booking.    

• Like 2

Room pictures on their website for booking are often incorrect. The rooms pictured do not always match the ship. Perhaps with all of the photographers on the ship, they can get accurate pictures.🤥

I always remember a show on PBS in the late 80’s that looked at how tv advertising is created.  Made my then 4 year old daughter watch with me as they showed talking/dancing dolls & action figures & the very fine print saying the toys don’t actually do any of that.  And ice cream made of crisco & paint to look creamy but somehow not melt.

• Like 1