COVID FCC

optmax

Sorry if this has been asked before.

On a recent Sky Princess cruise my oh was quarantined for 72h.  She received a letter after she was released outlying the FCC we were each entitled too.

It is now 3 weeks since the end of our cruise and the FCC is yet to appear on our Princess accounts.

Does anyone have any experience of how long it usually takes Princess to assign FCC in these circumstances?

TIA for any info

Did you have the Princess insurance?  If so, we filed a Trip Interruption claim with AON (Princess insurance carrier) and received a check from AON within 4 weeks for the onboard isolation time.

The remainder of our claim was a different story.  We just finally received our last reimbursement for our February covid fiasco.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

We received ours from the Emerald 7 days after end of cruise in May.

We did, too ... it was so quick and was followed up by a phone call from my CVP asking if I'd rather get it in cash.  It's all the same to me.  I certainly will use the FCC so I told her it was fine as such.  

1 hour ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Wow. Does anyone know how long are the FCCs good for? If it's only a year, 10 weeks delay is significantly eating into your time to use it.

It's also a pain if that FCC doesn't show up before the next cruise.

The letter we were given at the McKinley Lodge said to give them two weeks for the FCC to appear in our account. It's been 2 weeks and 2 days since the positive covid test. I figured I'd give it another week before I start calling.

My DW and I lost all of our COVID FCC along with 2 future cruise deposits, just vanished from our account. I've spent hours on the phone trying to get it straighten out, what a flipp'n mess.

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It's also a pain if that FCC doesn't show up before the next cruise.

Have already done final payment for the Oct 15 cruise on the Regal but Princess has said that the FCC will appear as a credit on the card that we used for the payment.

• Like 1

My husband tested positive and was quarantined during our 14 day Med cruise in May.  We just received the FCC about 10 days ago and only after many phone calls.  
I filed a claim with AON Affinity on May 29.  Many phone calls later our claim has still not been processed.  We cannot request reimbursement from Princess for any remaining expenses until AON settles our claim, I do understand that point.  

However  I am thinking we have a long way to go before this is resolved.  
We understood the risks of traveling internationally at that time and we were willing and able to manage quarantine and a delay to the US.  We just hoped for a quicker resolution.  
Just for clarification, my husband was released from quarantine the day before our cruise ended,.  However we could not enter the US until he was 11 days from his positive test.  This meant we had to arrange and pay for our changed flights and expenses in Barcelona.  Things may be handled differently for those that have not completed quarantine before leaving the ship.  My suggestion is stay on top of the FCC and any insurance claim as I am sure both Princess and AON are swamped at this point. 

Teri

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to all for your contributions.

The FCC has now been added to our accounts with no intervention from us.

Credited 7 weeks after receiving the onboard notification of our entitlement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, optmax said:

We too just received our FCCs, 4+ months after the fact. It is enough to completely pay for our next booked cruise with some left over.

Now if we can get AON to finally take care of our claim, this whole fiasco will be over.

Edited by Colorado Coasty
Typo

I am 10 weeks out as well. Did get a partial FCC about 3 weeks ago (way under what I am owed after quarantining for 9 of the 11 days) but have gotten zero refund for the $1,400 in shore excursions. My claim to AON is "still processing" 9 weeks after submission. I am in the Princess phone queue now (again).

Are they hoping we die off before they have to pay the claim!! Geez

We quarantined 8 days (myself) and 10 days (DH) on Island Princess in June.  All was completed before we left the ship which was a 34 day cruise.  10 days after disembarking I found our FCCs in our Princess personalizers!  That was quick!  We had Princess Protection Package insurance but had nothing to claim since we received our money back for time spent in quarantine as FCCs.  We booked a cruise next February using the funds immediately so they couldn't disappear from our accounts.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We quarantined 8 days (myself) and 10 days (DH) on Island Princess in June.  All was completed before we left the ship which was a 34 day cruise.  10 days after disembarking I found our FCCs in our Princess personalizers!  That was quick!  We had Princess Protection Package insurance but had nothing to claim since we received our money back for time spent in quarantine as FCCs.  We booked a cruise next February using the funds immediately so they couldn't disappear from our accounts.

While on ship,  did you have the cruise staff handle your inquiries or did your refunds/FCC just show up? I also have the Princess Protection Package so I shouldn't be out any money. I haven't made a pest of myself - yet. So wondering how much effort it took to get your situation resolved.

19 hours ago, P23r23s23 said:

While on ship,  did you have the cruise staff handle your inquiries or did your refunds/FCC just show up? I also have the Princess Protection Package so I shouldn't be out any money. I haven't made a pest of myself - yet. So wondering how much effort it took to get your situation resolved.

17 hours ago, P23r23s23 said:

Update: While in the queue (2 hours), my FCC updated and reflects the correct amount. Still missing the refunds for the prepaid excursions but the phone rep I reached said I have to email customerrelations@princesscruises.com to inquire about that. So I'll email and hope. :-)

I'm glad to hear you suddenly received your FCC money.  Isn't calling the cruise lines a pain anymore??  No we didn't do anything to inquire about our FCC money.  We didn't have any expenses to be reimbursed like shore excursions.  The only thing left undone is we left the ship with about $75 of refundable OBC and haven't received a check from Bottomline Technologies yet and we left the ship 6 weeks ago.  Normally it just arrives with no problem but not yet.  We may call someone about that if it goes on much longer.  We had a lot of OBC to spend and did a good job of it, bought 3 GoPros for us and our 2 grown children, but should have just spent the remainder of $75 on something so we didn't have to bother with it now.  

On 8/10/2022 at 1:55 PM, optmax said:

My FCC has now disappeared from my account!

OH's is still there.

Hey ho...

On 7/17/2022 at 3:45 AM, chrysalis said:

Have already done final payment for the Oct 15 cruise on the Regal but Princess has said that the FCC will appear as a credit on the card that we used for the payment.

Who at Princess told you that? It sounds wrong. AFAIK FCCs are not returned on credit cards.

8 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Who at Princess told you that? It sounds wrong. AFAIK FCCs are not returned on credit cards.

It actually happened to me.....credit card was reimbursed 3 weeks ago. They preferred to do that then hold on until another final payment was due in October.

On 8/10/2022 at 10:18 AM, Colorado Coasty said:

We too just received our FCCs, 4+ months after the fact. It is enough to completely pay for our next booked cruise with some left over.

Now if we can get AON to finally take care of our claim, this whole fiasco will be over.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you you cannot get a FCC from Princess and also get a refund for the missed days (trip interruption) through AON, correct?  I ask because I filed a claim and it has been more than two months and they just keep telling me it's "in process" at AON and Princess issues us a FCC, but I told them I don't want that, I want a refund.  I haven't touched the FCC because I don't want to mess up my insurance claim.  

We received FCC for the 3 days in isolation on the Emerald in May within 2 weeks of the end of the cruise.   Automatically posted to our accounts.   Still waiting for per diem and 2 nights hotel reimbursement.  No insurance involved.

1 hour ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but you you cannot get a FCC from Princess and also get a refund for the missed days (trip interruption) through AON, correct?  I ask because I filed a claim and it has been more than two months and they just keep telling me it's "in process" at AON and Princess issues us a FCC, but I told them I don't want that, I want a refund.  I haven't touched the FCC because I don't want to mess up my insurance claim.  

AON will cover airline, transportation, and other items not paid by Princess.