COVID FCC

optmax

On 7/16/2022 at 5:52 PM, optmax said:

Sorry if this has been asked before.

On a recent Sky Princess cruise my oh was quarantined for 72h.  She received a letter after she was released outlying the FCC we were each entitled too.

It is now 3 weeks since the end of our cruise and the FCC is yet to appear on our Princess accounts.

Does anyone have any experience of how long it usually takes Princess to assign FCC in these circumstances?

TIA for any info

I have three experiences. 1.It always takes a long time. 2. Princess has always gotten it right eventually. 3. It is a waste of time to stress about it. 

We had over 11 cancelled cruises that resulted in lots of FCCs. Princess got it right to the penny, but it took months.. We are finishing up quarantine and isolation from a cruise on the Enchanted Princess. I'll submit my refund requests to Princess and Insurance and forget about it until next year.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, billco said:

I have three experiences. 1.It always takes a long time. 2. Princess has always gotten it right eventually. 3. It is a waste of time to stress about it. 

We had over 11 cancelled cruises that resulted in lots of FCCs. Princess got it right to the penny, but it took months.. We are finishing up quarantine and isolation from a cruise on the Enchanted Princess. I'll submit my refund requests to Princess and Insurance and forget about it until next year.

I applaud your positive outlook!  That is also our approach...

• Like 2

We are a little over 2 months out from our 2 day quarantine on Crown Princess.  I had asked for an FCC research, but I got an e-mail stating that these FCC's are handled by Customer Solutions.  I have tried to call 4 times and each time, at some point after the main call center transfers me to Customer Solutions (BTW, every time they insist they can help, even though my e-mail stated it had to be Customer Solutions, and every time they've come back after 15-30 minutes and say "Oh, we do need to transfer you to Customer Solutions").  All 4 times while waiting for Customer Solutions, the call drops.  I don't think I'll ever get through...

As to AON, our claim is just showing as "Assigned".  Been that way for almost 8 weeks.

Edited by bmc alabama

Took between 35 - 40 days for the credits to show up on our accounts. That was a couple of weeks ago. My parents are still waiting. Mother has tried calling, but the reps can only tell her they can see it pending. Just hasn't been processed yet. They are trying to be patient.

I'm following this thread.   I've received no FCCs on my account from quarantine days at the beginning of June 2022 (so it has been more than 60 days).   

When I contacted them on Monday, Customer Relations Team sent a form to ??? and they told me it would be 7-10 days before I heard back from "them".   

I got an email response back the next day from "Commercial Operations Support" stating they couldn't help me with my "FCC research request" but that I was to contact Customer Solutions.   There is no direct number for Customer Solutions so I called back Customer Relations Team who stated that they had to connect me to Customer Solutions.   

For the last 3 days, I've either been disconnected or on hold for over an hour with no connection to Customer Solutions.

I could be more patient if I KNEW my request was with Customer Solutions but after receiving the above email, I'm not sure they even have it.

Appreciate suggestions from those of you have had to "work the system" to get your FCCs for quarantine days.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 2:38 PM, bmc alabama said:

We are a little over 2 months out from our 2 day quarantine on Crown Princess.  I had asked for an FCC research, but I got an e-mail stating that these FCC's are handled by Customer Solutions.  I have tried to call 4 times and each time, at some point after the main call center transfers me to Customer Solutions (BTW, every time they insist they can help, even though my e-mail stated it had to be Customer Solutions, and every time they've come back after 15-30 minutes and say "Oh, we do need to transfer you to Customer Solutions").  All 4 times while waiting for Customer Solutions, the call drops.  I don't think I'll ever get through...

As to AON, our claim is just showing as "Assigned".  Been that way for almost 8 weeks.

Has anyone in this thread gotten their issues resolved yet? I took can't get through to Customer Solutions any longer either.

Starting to wonder if Carnival (owner of Princess) is contemplating some sort of bankruptcy. There are far too many of us waiting months for promised reimbursements and FCCs. These "slow pay" behaviors are not encouraging. Hoping you and others have gotten something at this point! I am still waiting for $1,400 in refunds for prepaid excursions plus $1-2K in COVID hotel and transportation home reimbursement.

P23r23s23.     I am not making much progress towards:

A.  Reimbursement from Princess Insurance for a medical issue while on board AND in quarantine.

B.  Getting my FCCs for quarantined days

A.  Medical Insurance Claim:  I filed a claim Reimbursement from Princess Insurance (AON Travel) on 6/15/2022.  They required I file with Medicare first who, of course, denied my bill.  I then submitted my Medicare Summary Notice to AON Travel on 8/15/2022.  To date the status just reads "Assigned to examiner". 

B.   As for my quarantine FCCs, I've called 3 times and have gotten 3 DIFFERENT answers.  I waited 8 weeks after the cruise ended and still no FCCs.  So this is a summary of my calls to Princess.

First call to Customer RELATIONS, Aleena said she was filling out a form to get the FCCs and I'd hear back in 2 weeks.  The NEXT DAY I got an email from Commercial Operations Support stating they had received my form and couldn't do anything about my request and to contact Customer SOLUTIONS, but no phone number. 

Second call to Customer RELATIONS again, who put me on hold to Customer SOLUTIONS and after 2.5 hours on hold, Jessica answered and said no form was needed.  She just needed confirmation from Crown Princess Medical and that usually was just an overnight email request.    One week later still no FCCs so I called Customer Relations and requested I speak to Customer SOLUTIONS Jessica.  Danielle said Jessica was busy but she (Jessica) hadn't heard back from Crown Princess Medical.   She said I could email the letter I received from Medical before I left the ship stating I was quarantined to customerrelations@princess.com Attention Jessica.  I scanned and sent the same day.    

Today, 2 weeks later, I called Customer Relations again.  Edie told me it would take 6-8 weeks to get my FCCs.  I told her it was over 8 weeks since I'd gotten off the ship.  Then she told me to give it 1-2 weeks.

So bottom line - NO PROGRESS on getting my FCCs for COVID Quarantine days.  I'm documenting every call and hold times and person I've spoken to for every call and the various answers I get.   I'd love any advice on someone who finally got theirs - not automatically got it.  I'm jealous of those of you who automatically got it soon after getting off the ship.   I've got another cruise booked and want these FCCs for that cruise.    Thanks for "listening".  

So sorry @Siouxland Cruiser! I feel your pain and hope your situation gets resolved soon. My timeline looks very similar including hold times and lack of a phone number to the CS team. I did finally get my FCC credits but still waiting on the credit card refund for the prepaid excursions and for AON to process my quarantine hotel and transportation home.

I am wondering if those who received quicker responses and refunds are also in the top tiers of the frequent cruiser program (or have some other 'clout' that helps). It also seems that those with a travel agent received faster service. Anyway, hopefully things resolve soon. The general sentiment among posters is it takes 4 months and I am at the 4 month mark. 🙂

Edited by P23r23s23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, P23r23s23 said:

So sorry @Siouxland Cruiser! I feel your pain and hope your situation gets resolved soon. My timeline looks very similar including hold times and lack of a phone number to the CS team. I did finally get my FCC credits but still waiting on the credit card refund for the prepaid excursions and for AON to process my quarantine hotel and transportation home.

I am wondering if those who received quicker responses and refunds are also in the top tiers of the frequent cruiser program (or have some other 'clout' that helps). It also seems that those with a travel agent received faster service. Anyway, hopefully things resolve soon. The general sentiment among posters is it takes 4 months and I am at the 4 month mark. 🙂

We are now in the 12th week. We did get the FCC for onboard quarantine about a month ago but our claims for reimbursement from both Princess and AON are in limbo. Being Elite doesn't appear to be of any help.

• Like 1

Great News!!!!    I received an email today from Jessica in Customer Solutions stating she had "created a Future Cruise Credit for the 5 days in isolation in the amount of ......"    I don't know for sure but I'm assuming it was issued because I had a document from the Crown Princess Medical Center stating I was in quarantine.    I'm so relieved!!!!      

We've submitted the same paperwork now to Customer Solutions for my granddaughter who was on my booking and was in quarantine also (she contracted it.).   I hope it will be easy now to get her FCCs so we can apply our FCCs to our "makeup" cruise next year.

Again, thank you for "listening to me vent."    Don't give up if you haven't received your FCCs yet.

• 2 weeks later...

8 weeks PLUS now waiting for our FCC and refunds for missed shore excursions due to contacting COVID while onboard the Emerald Princess. Repeated emails go unanswered. Emerald Princess said we'd receive our refunds "within 2 weeks" and that our FCC for days in quarantine will be credited to our account within 30 days. Obviously that hasn't happened. Status on "premium vacation insurance" is "Assigned to an agent" and that's now been 8 weeks. Called Princess and got through after only on hold for 15 minutes. First thing out of the reps mouth was "Did you submit a claim to the insurance"? 2nd thing was "you've already received your refunds" to which I stated firmly, that we had NOT. Run around for 30 minutes with most of that time spent "on hold while I check". Came back, now refunds being processed, could take another 90 days.". Explained we have sailed now over 10 cruises with Princess and do not deserved to be treated like this. She had NO idea about FCC for being in quarantine and after being placed on hold again for her to check, came back and said "no one here has ever heard of this". Told her I have the paper from the Emerald Princess stating we are entitled to receive this. No answer. Finally she said "do you have any further questions"  to which I replied, you haven't answered any of my questions. Told me to email in a scan of the paper received from the Emerald Princess and they will look at it. Seems like they are trying to anger their customers on purpose. Cannot recommend sailing with them again.

Still waiting for reimbursement for expenses after required isolation after disembarking Emerald Princess in May.  We received FCC for isolation onboard but nothing since applying for additional hotel days and monies for expenses.   No insurance company involved, waiting for promised funds from Princess as documented in letter on disembark.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Almost 6 months to the day, our claims with AON and Princess for our May covid experience have been completely resolved. Princess gave us very generous FCC and paid the per diem for our hotel stay. AON paid everything on our claim plus threw in a little extra.

It was a long wait but we are satisfied with the outcome. Our next cruise is almost completely on Princess.

• Like 2

Thats a very LONG time to wait!  I feel for those who get the runaround when calling Princess.

I don't mind waiting on hold to talk with an experienced person, and get the problem resolved.

Unfortunately, they have hired so many new people.... they answer the phone quicker, but thats

about it.  Virtually No help.  More runaround.

I would like to be in the phone cue for Experienced Reps ONLY.

On 9/30/2022 at 8:28 AM, Travelmadoldie said:

Is anyone else still waiting for FCC for days spent in isolation occurring at the end of June?

We were on Regal in May/June and my wife was in isolation for five days. About a month ago I finally gave up waiting for the FCC to be credited and called Princess. My call was answered almost immediately but I had to be transferred to another department and the agent warned me it would be about a two hour wait. I figured I’ve waited this long, what’s another two hours. After about an hour and 45 minutes the call was answered and was handled very efficiently. Thankfully I had a letter from guest services on the ship proving that we were eligible for the FCC they asked me to email it while I was on the call and within an hour the credit was there. Took a while, but we have almost enough to pay  one persons fare for a Caribbean cruise this winter.

Edited by Alanr204
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you have quarantine on the ship and are due FCC’s…..what are supposed to do to get the FCC’s credited to your account?

Call customer solutions?

Fill out a refund form on the PCL website?

Do you get a letter from GS or Medical before leaving the ship?  

Not any directions of how to handle the refund request on some ships.

TIA

We just finished a TA on the Emerald. Both DH and I were quarantined for six days (plus another voluntary three days for me as I accompanied him after his positive test.)

We were given a letter onboard saying we would receive FCCs for the days quarantined, but no amount was stated. We also received letters from the onboard medical team documenting our positive tests and time (down to the hour) that we were subject to quarantine. I believe our fellow isolated passengers on Aloha deck received the same documents.

Upon returning home I called my PVP, who advised me to call Customer Support. After a couple of days, they called back yesterday and said the FCCs would show up in three months. (No amount given).
They said I didn’t have to send in the medical forms as they were attached to our booking.

So the clock starts, and we’ll see if the FCCs show up eventually.

1 hour ago, LidoLiz said:

We just finished a TA on the Emerald. Both DH and I were quarantined for six days (plus another voluntary three days for me as I accompanied him after his positive test.)

We were given a letter onboard saying we would receive FCCs for the days quarantined, but no amount was stated. We also received letters from the onboard medical team documenting our positive tests and time (down to the hour) that we were subject to quarantine. I believe our fellow isolated passengers on Aloha deck received the same documents.

Upon returning home I called my PVP, who advised me to call Customer Support. After a couple of days, they called back yesterday and said the FCCs would show up in three months. (No amount given).
They said I didn’t have to send in the medical forms as they were attached to our booking.

So the clock starts, and we’ll see if the FCCs show up eventually.

Thank you.  Sounds like you have to initiate the request for FCC’s. 

On 9/7/2022 at 2:53 PM, Colorado Coasty said:

We are now in the 12th week. We did get the FCC for onboard quarantine about a month ago but our claims for reimbursement from both Princess and AON are in limbo. Being Elite doesn't appear to be of any help.

So it took about 2 mos to get the FCC’s from ship quarantine?

Did you have to request it by calling or emailing?  If so, whom did you contact?

TIA

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

So it took about 2 mos to get the FCC’s from ship quarantine?

Did you have to request it by calling or emailing?  If so, whom did you contact?

TIA

No, Princess processed it just as they said they would, it just took longer than indicated. We also received much more than we expected.

• Thanks 1