When does your countdown start?

How many days out from your cruise do you start getting really excited and start counting the days, hours, minutes and seconds? For me.. once we hit 50 days I start counting down the days but once we get within 30 days I start counting the hours LOL What about you guys?

When it drops to the double digits I start getting enthused.  Of course, I'm excited every time I log into the cruise planner.  No matter how long away it is.  😂  Just seeing them there thrills me.  

I'm apparently easily thrilled.  😁

• Like 1

We're cruising in two days.  I just did my emed covid test and I'm neg so good to go.  DH is doing his after work around 2.  Will get excited then, but I never count the minutes or seconds lol.  I don't really get into it until online check in.  Our mentality really changed the last 5 years with DH's parents health declining knowing we were always at risk of having to cancel.  They're gone now and my parents are getting to the point of us having to think about the same.  We have a different perspective than we did when we were cruising in our 40's and 50's and our parents were still healthy.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

The excitement starts the minute I make a reservation!  I sail in 32 days...lists are made (months ago), clothes are pulled and ready to be ironed...new suitcase purchased...

ARE WE THERE YET??????????😎

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

The excitement starts the minute I make a reservation!  I sail in 32 days...lists are made (months ago), clothes are pulled and ready to be ironed...new suitcase purchased...

ARE WE THERE YET??????????😎

I love that you have the clothes pulled already! 

5 minutes ago, DrewCC2225 said:

I love that you have the clothes pulled already! 

I couldn't sleep one night a couple of weeks ago...decided to put my time to good use...naturally my thoughts went to cruise clothes!!!

Edited by lola2013

14 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I couldn't sleep one night a couple of weeks ago...decided to put my time to good use...naturally my thoughts went to cruise clothes!!!

I don’t blame you. My cruise is in 46 days and I have the luggage out with some small things packed up already. 

• Like 2

My countdown started with the first cruise after the restart last July. Since then I have sailed 14 more times and the countdown to my next cruise begins the day I disembark. I cruise in 15 more days with another 14 cruises already booked. Hopefully my countdown will never actually end. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It used to be when we got our documents in the mail.  We’d do a little dancing, literally.

Then it was once we could check in on line.

Although I plan, I now can’t get excited or do much packing until after I get a negative test.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

I get excited the moment I book my cruise. I immediately create a spreadsheet and start to research sights and sites including hotels and dining before, during and after the cruise.

Jim

Same here - I keep everything together in OneNote.  When we get home, I scan all of the paper we collected on the cruise (Cruise Compass, receipts, etc.) and drop it in a folder for future reference.  One day when I'm gone, the kids will have to go through a few terabytes of my "stuff" on the computer, but that's probably better than having to look through file cabinets and decide what to toss.

• Haha 1

For me, getting older, traveling solo, and 40+ years of cruising, my excitement is more anxiety as it gets closer. My excitement starts after flights (most long), handing luggage to port workers, and finally stepping on the ship. Then I can totally relax and let it all go. 😉

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DrewCC2225 said:

How many days out from your cruise do you start getting really excited and start counting the days, hours, minutes and seconds? For me.. once we hit 50 days I start counting down the days but once we get within 30 days I start counting the hours LOL What about you guys?

Immediately when the current cruise ended. We do 4-6 a year and cannot wait for the next one.

My wife and I plan our vacations so last minute since we both travel for work and plan them around when we get random down time, so...usually when we get to the airport to depart is when we actually start counting down and getting in the mindset. To be fair, sometimes that's only like 48 hours after booking said trip 🙂