The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday July 22nd, 2022

richwmn

Good day everyone, 

It sounds like most are having a very good start to the weekend.  Wonder of wonders, we had an unexpected shower last evening that knocked the temps down to the 70’s for a short while.  Glorious!  I went for a VERY short walk in the rain, and could hear people in the neighborhood outside laughing.  I’m just thrilled it remembers how to rain!  We are back to 100+ today, but hope is forecast for a week from now.  Hooray!

We are in the 🤞group for a few days.  Our cousin had a late flight Tuesday night returning from a business trip, so he spent the night with us before making the 3-hour drive home on Wednesday.  Of course we visited, shared a meal, hugged.  He texted yesterday afternoon that he tested positive.  RATS!  We have test kits ready for Monday (day 5).  We’re vaccinated and double boosted, but gee, so is the president.  We’re supposed to fly to Atlanta on 8/1 for a visit with DS & DDIL.  I do NOT want to have to cancel the trip!

So, we are staying cool and being hermits.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I like your new Avatar.

It is fantastic you can play golf every day.

That was my plans but arthritis has stopped that.

Graham.

Graham, I'm going on 77 so I only play on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and if there is a tournament, maybe on Saturdays also. My back acts up occasionally and I'm bone on bone in my right knee, I take Synvisc Gel injections about every 7 months and they work for me, able to avoid a total knee replacement. I was thinking maybe you should look into 

the injections if your knee acts up again. They are much better than cortisone as it's a natural substance; hyaluronic acid which comes from the crown of a rooster of all places but humans already have hyaluronic acid in their joints but when your cartilage wears away you also lose the hyaluronic acid.

George.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone.Today is our son, David’s birthday. He is still home with covid.

A very happy birthday to David.

38E4445F-2702-45B7-8D84-3D8C7F8C20CF.gif.15a9e715509994e0536e2be01014e270.gif

I hope he soon recovers from Covid 🤞 

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@kazu  Jacqui, thanks for more pictures of your wonderful plants.  If you don't get finished by the time of Shadow's early arrival, everything will still be there later when you have time to get back to sorting.  By then, Shadow may be able to "help" you.

LOL - a dog hasn’t been upstairs in 22 years.  Our first puppy was allowed up until we realized he had separation anxiety.  We got that fixed but if he got into the bedroom it exacerbated it.  He destroyed every pillow on the bed and sitting room.  LOL.  The steps are now hardwood and so far, the dogs haven’t wanted to use them - they were nervous about slipping on the way down 😉 

9 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Jacqui your yard is beautiful. I know Shadow will love it.

LOL - she better not like being in my gardens too much 😉. There’s a big back yard and deck she is welcome too.  Not sure how I will train a nervous nilly on petsafe invisible fencing.  The gardens are protected 😉 or, at least they have been.  😉 

• Like 21

Good morning!  Happy Friday everyone. 

All the pictures of Kauai are making me want to book a Hawaiian cruise. Maybe someday, it’s always been on my “cruise wish list” even though I’ve been there twice on land trips. 

Carol @mamaofami — Happy Birthday to your son. I hope he recovers quickly. 

Sandi @StLouisCruisers — congratulations to the Tigers and Ren. I bet they are having a celebration. I can’t see the cat in the picture, but my eyes are bleary this morning, I probably need eye drops. 

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser — I think remember Norm McDonald. Thank you for clarifying. 

Jacqui @kazu — I’m happy for you that Shadow is coming soon. Do you have an eta?  Your flowers are lovely. 

Carolyn @Cruising-along — your meatballs look yummy. I’ve also done that before, mixed in some pesto with the marinara.  

Thank you for today’s recipes Tina @0106, I’d like to try them but not make them. 😉

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a somewhat cloudy central Texas.  Since it was already 85F at 8:45 am, it will probably be humid today.  Not much on the agenda except DH's PT session, and trying to stay cool.  The weather map last night showed that our area is beyond extreme drought conditions.  We are listed as exceptional drought conditions, the highest (worst) designation.  😒

Hammock day and summer leisure day seem to go together.  We had a Pawley's Island hammock for many years.  We left it when we moved from The Woodlands.  Spoonerisms are interesting.  Thank your @grapau27 Graham for the explanation since I couldn't quite remember what they were.

Today's quote seems to promote dishonesty in being creative.

We'll pass on the meal drink and wine.

We have been to Nawiliwili many times beginning in 1996.  IIRC, we have only missed the port once because of high winds.  In 2018 on the Westerdam, Captain Vincent Smit cancelled the port when the weather predicted very high winds.  Instead, we had a third day in Honolulu.

@MISTER  I like the new and very appropriate avatar.

@kazu  Jacqui, thanks for more pictures of your wonderful plants.  If you don't get finished by the time of Shadow's early arrival, everything will still be there later when you have time to get back to sorting.  By then, Shadow may be able to "help" you.

@cat shepard  The meme is another winner.

@smitty34877  How nice of your neighbors to let you use their pool.  Too bad there is not a way to get Tana over to the pool.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, sending positive thoughts the Tigers win the semi-final game.  I saw the cat face in the clouds too.

@marshhawk  Loved the cat cloud picture.

@jimgev  The comedian you were thinking about is Norm Crosby.  No, my memory is not that good, but I did remember such a comedian.  Google came to my rescue with the name.

@mamaofami  Carol, I'm sorry your son is sick on his big birthday.  Please wish him HAPPY BIRTHDAY for us with the hope he is negative soon.

These are some of the pictures I posted on August 11, 2021.

I do have some pictures from our various visits to Kauai, and I don't think I have any repeats.   BTW, the Hollywood tour is a great tour if your like movies and tv shows.

All of these pictures relate to the Hollywood tour and our Na Pali coast tour in 2007.

The Coco Palms was featured in Blue Hawaii, but unfortunately, it was very badly damaged by about 30 years ago by Hurricane Iniki.  On July 27, it was sold in a foreclosure sale, and it's fate is unkown. 

One interesting fact about the movie is the movie company expected the owner to tell her guests to leave while they filmed the movie.  They were thinking the could stay there and not have to make reservations.  The owner had other ideas, and refused to ask her guests to leave.  Elvis had stayed at the Coco Palms before, and knowing the owner, had wisely reserved a bungalow for himself.  Since they could not film in the bungalows, they had to use the one Elivs had rented and redorate it for the shots set in other bungalows.

Coco Palms in 2007

IMG_1170.thumb.JPG.0195e17aaa9112110e459b9808acd036.JPG

IMG_1156.thumb.JPG.221ceaa1bde5d5a15d24f1125f1d3aac.JPG

IMG_1158.thumb.JPG.fb23683dff36cde7438e4c0774f2330c.JPG

IMG_1161.thumb.JPG.2992efb29ec0a207ac22800cff15bd30.JPG

IMG_1166.thumb.JPG.5691d1321b5c3f02457d2914d2c5c289.JPG

The barge from the wedding scene without the outriggers

IMG_1163.thumb.JPG.60297a0a8650d51dc1214fdf50cb8fa6.JPG

Coco Palms in 2018 when we made it to Nawiliwili on Coral Princess that fall.

DSC06002.thumb.JPG.da1309d0a370b8a5b59adecc3e76bb0d.JPG

The other iconic movie site was the pier on Honalei that was used in South Pacific.  In 2007, it still had the roof from the movie before it was destroyed by a storm a few years latrer.

IMG_1197.thumb.JPG.37107cbc212369b863f7007628766b28.JPG

Without the roof in 2013

P1060373.thumb.JPG.103ab63f1d29dfcfeedf5337b9df9af1.JPG

With the new roof in 2014

DSC00740.thumb.JPG.2d3995bedda51a04e9b0f70920c22ee2.JPG

Some views of the Na Pali coast and caves that can only be accessed by boat

IMG_1702.thumb.JPG.4d86183b40f860b0297c595fd02d4a51.JPG

IMG_1707.thumb.JPG.4133397b6d5535b01fc9d21ca9b1b252.JPG

IMG_1709.thumb.JPG.6266a5733c6de2154fc13bf4e3d21c31.JPG

IMG_1718.thumb.JPG.18d4325c0cc8d81acd9fc76e62d9818e.JPG

IMG_1719.thumb.JPG.e43422f8c92c85822db015f81cb79a41.JPG

Some of these views were featured in Jurassic Park.

I hope this posts since CC has been cutting in and out this morning.

Lenda

Great photos!

Right on Norm Crosby, I think in my 76+ years there were only  2 occasions I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt, first was when I  saw "It's a Mad, Mad Mad Mad World" for the first time in 1963. The second time was when we saw Norm Crosby at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas in 1985, he was the emcee in a review show called "Splash" and had about a 20 minute schtick that had everyone rolling in the aisles with his spoonerisms. We were in the first row and he noticed how hard I was laughing and commented to me, "I guess you're really enjoying the show".

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 19

Good morning  and thanks again for all the kind wishes.   The surgery was more extensive than expected and for some reason the local anaesthesia didn’t work well. I will spare you the details.  But thankfully today is much better.  Hopefully it is all gone and caught early enough.

Our first visit to Kauai had to be cancelled due to a hurricane,   The condo had lost its roof,  and the island was being powered by a nuclear submarine.   We have been back a few times and have enjoyed the beauty of that island.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser love that little church, one of our DS’s friends is a minister there.  It looks heavenly.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Last night I made the Pesto Chicken Meatballs and DH and I both loved it.  Since we both like pesto a lot, I made the recipe with more rather than less of the pesto, but added the marinara sauce. So mix and matched two recipes.  Yum!

Nice to see Dailyites trying the recipes.  Your presentation is gorgeous, glad the meal was delicious. I have been making at least one of the recipes before I post.  MY DH has enjoyed the variety (and the frequent inclusion of meat).  

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Nice to see Dailyites trying the recipes.  Your presentation is gorgeous, glad the meal was delicious. I have been making at least one of the recipes before I post.  MY DH has enjoyed the variety (and the frequent inclusion of meat).  

Thank you -- we had Caesar salad with it and I was stuffed! I think DH is enjoying the variety too. 😉  

• Like 13

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

Graham, I'm going on 77 so I only play on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and if there is a tournament, maybe on Saturdays also. My back acts up occasionally and I'm bone on bone in my right knee, I take Synvisc Gel injections about every 7 months and they work for me, able to avoid a total knee replacement. I was thinking maybe you should look into 

the injections if your knee acts up again. They are much better than cortisone as it's a natural substance; hyaluronic acid which comes from the crown of a rooster of all places but humans already have hyaluronic acid in their joints but when your cartilage wears away you also lose the hyaluronic acid.

George.

Thank you for the advice George.

I have arthritis in my knees and hips and undiagnosed foot pain possibly mild arthritis.

It is almost 10 years since I last played competitively but before then I would be in pain for a few days after and could take anti inflammatory tablets then.

I'm really pleased for you to be able to play at a high standard.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Was it Red Skelton?

I can remember Red doing a few of those, but it seems like someone on the old Hee Haw show used to do them as well.  Sometimes I really miss my mind.  LOL

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I've never had a hammock. Summer Leisure days are nice. Spoonerisms can be funny. Interesting quote. I'll pass on the meal, wine and drink.

I have been to Nawiliwili.

It's hot here as it is many places. I had trouble falling asleep last night, and around 2AM felt my leg was itchy. I looked and there was a hive at the injection site, so I took a Benadry. Now I'm dragging today. I had a Rheumatology appointment this morning. Not much new, just getting set up for Evusheld monoclonal antibodies. I will be seeing Ortho about my knee pain as the NP didn't want to try injecting it. Then I ran home to put together BFF's little birthday gift, and we'll have dinner at a new (to us) steak and seafood place.

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad to hear the Tigers won, and no rough stuff. I see a dog in the clouds.

@AMRDS Welcome to the Daily!

@kazu Thanks for the garden photos.

@smitty34877 Nice of the neighbors to invite you to use their pool. 

@ger_77 Hopefully DH's leg will feel better soon.

@mamaofami I hope DS is better soon. Happy Birthday to him!

@Live4cruises Prayers that you test negative!

@bennybear Sorry DH had a rough time with the surgery, but hopefully they got it all. BFF has had issues with the anesthetic not working well for some of his removal procedures and now tells them to give extra.

@kochleffel I would've left too!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List. Stay safe everyone!

From my Aug 11, 2021 post:

Sunrise in Nawiliwili

1637278321_158-SunriseinNawiliwili.thumb.jpg.f9deda31687d4b93fd2b85de54eaf25e.jpg

56808334_162-WelcometoNawiliwiliKauai.thumb.jpg.449161fbf8eb0a0bbc40607e86946c41.jpg

Blowhole (Spouting Horn)

653649904_165-Blowhole.thumb.jpg.dc33d922d9622ea7e9d388e0c4444966.jpg

1690617985_168-SoundingHorn.thumb.jpg.e891d30f7d7dccd93f337108b91ed27c.jpg

Chickens in Kauai

1620275449_172-ChickensinKauai.thumb.jpg.098dc9e1204b7925e6174a060b2fe73b.jpg

1966947499_176-Chickenoutsidestoreatourstop.thumb.jpg.71534564cc1e8793113982675bfd70e4.jpg

Waimea Canyon (it was foggy)

1815274380_178-WaimeaCanyon.thumb.jpg.da3ca28557480ddf44791ccaaf337a4e.jpg

331155890_186-WaimeaCanyon.thumb.jpg.326e6661de43b406ca7ea0d136660858.jpg

Tug doing donuts before we left port

1846570171_193-Tugdoingdonutsbeforeweleaveport.thumb.jpg.b80364d201d4d9b0f1ad8510d3c53707.jpg

Leaving Nawiliwili

563467555_198-LeavingNawiliwili.thumb.jpg.c4a45608d876cdb6c836192f24ea99b9.jpg

807678898_203-LighthouseNawiliwiliBay.thumb.jpg.fa77c85c50bb7efcc5785e4fa4d762b0.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 12

Good afternoon everyone.  Another scorcher here in Boston.  Lying in a hammock is certainly a good way to celebrate Summer Leisure Day.  Spoonerisms are often quite funny; didn’t realize they had a day.   The meal suggestion sounds quite tasty as does the drink.  I have not been to today’s port, another bucket list destination.  Prayers for all on our list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!  Please do keep hydrated.

• Like 20

We're back from DH's PT session.  After the therapist did an evaluation, that will be the last one.  Until DH can get treatment for the NPH, therapy won't really improve the balance and walking issues.  We're waiting for a call from the hospital in Dallas, and of course, it's Friday afternoon.

4 hours ago, irishjim said:

Thank you for these Fantastic  photos.

Jim.

Thank you, Jim.

2 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Great photos!

Right on Norm Crosby, I think in my 76+ years there were only  2 occasions I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt, first was when I  saw "It's a Mad, Mad Mad Mad World" for the first time in 1963. The second time was when we saw Norm Crosby at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas in 1985, he was the emcee in a review show called "Splash" and had about a 20 minute schtick that had everyone rolling in the aisles with his spoonerisms. We were in the first row and he noticed how hard I was laughing and commented to me, "I guess you're really enjoying the show".

We enjoyed watching Norm Crosby on TV.  It's a  Mad, Mad, Mad Mad World is one of DH' favorite movies.

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning  and thanks again for all the kind wishes.   The surgery was more extensive than expected and for some reason the local anaesthesia didn’t work well. I will spare you the details.  But thankfully today is much better.  Hopefully it is all gone and caught early enough.

Our first visit to Kauai had to be cancelled due to a hurricane,   The condo had lost its roof,  and the island was being powered by a nuclear submarine.   We have been back a few times and have enjoyed the beauty of that island.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser love that little church, one of our DS’s friends is a minister there.  It looks heavenly.  

Brenda, I'm sorry your DH had such a rough time yeaterday, and I hope they got it all.  Glad he is better today.

That little church is lovely and peaceful looking.

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Wasted trip to the blood-draw site. Half the people in the waiting room weren't wearing masks -- required by state regulation here -- or had them pulled down, and I rescheduled for Monday.

That happened to us in April, but Covid cases were down.  I waited in the waiting room, masked, while DH waited in the car.  Now, we would have left too.  The doctor in Texas does blood draws in the office.  He has one staffer who does all the draws.

46 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I've never had a hammock. Summer Leisure days are nice. Spoonerisms can be funny. Interesting quote. I'll pass on the meal, wine and drink.

I have been to Nawiliwili.

It's hot here as it is many places. I had trouble falling asleep last night, and around 2AM felt my leg was itchy. I looked and there was a hive at the injection site, so I took a Benadry. Now I'm dragging today. I had a Rheumatology appointment this morning. Not much new, just getting set up for Evusheld monoclonal antibodies. I will be seeing Ortho about my knee pain as the NP didn't want to try injecting it. Then I ran home to put together BFF's little birthday gift, and we'll have dinner at a new (to us) steak and seafood place.

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad to hear the Tigers won, and no rough stuff. I see a dog in the clouds.

@AMRDS Welcome to the Daily!

@kazu Thanks for the garden photos.

@smitty34877 Nice of the neighbors to invite you to use their pool. 

@ger_77 Hopefully DH's leg will feel better soon.

@mamaofami I hope DS is better soon. Happy Birthday to him!

@Live4cruises Prayers that you test negative!

@bennybear Sorry DH had a rough time with the surgery, but hopefully they got it all. BFF has had issues with the anesthetic not working well for some of his removal procedures and now tells them to give extra.

@kochleffel I would've left too!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List. Stay safe everyone!

From my Aug 11, 2021 post:

Sunrise in Nawiliwili

1637278321_158-SunriseinNawiliwili.thumb.jpg.f9deda31687d4b93fd2b85de54eaf25e.jpg

56808334_162-WelcometoNawiliwiliKauai.thumb.jpg.449161fbf8eb0a0bbc40607e86946c41.jpg

Blowhole (Spouting Horn)

653649904_165-Blowhole.thumb.jpg.dc33d922d9622ea7e9d388e0c4444966.jpg

1690617985_168-SoundingHorn.thumb.jpg.e891d30f7d7dccd93f337108b91ed27c.jpg

Chickens in Kauai

1620275449_172-ChickensinKauai.thumb.jpg.098dc9e1204b7925e6174a060b2fe73b.jpg

1966947499_176-Chickenoutsidestoreatourstop.thumb.jpg.71534564cc1e8793113982675bfd70e4.jpg

Waimea Canyon (it was foggy)

1815274380_178-WaimeaCanyon.thumb.jpg.da3ca28557480ddf44791ccaaf337a4e.jpg

331155890_186-WaimeaCanyon.thumb.jpg.326e6661de43b406ca7ea0d136660858.jpg

Tug doing donuts before we left port

1846570171_193-Tugdoingdonutsbeforeweleaveport.thumb.jpg.b80364d201d4d9b0f1ad8510d3c53707.jpg

Leaving Nawiliwili

563467555_198-LeavingNawiliwili.thumb.jpg.c4a45608d876cdb6c836192f24ea99b9.jpg

807678898_203-LighthouseNawiliwiliBay.thumb.jpg.fa77c85c50bb7efcc5785e4fa4d762b0.jpg

Sorry you still got hives after the injection.  Hope the doctor can help your knee.  Enjoy the  irthday dinner with your BFF.

3 hours ago, Live4cruises said:

Good day everyone, 

It sounds like most are having a very good start to the weekend.  Wonder of wonders, we had an unexpected shower last evening that knocked the temps down to the 70’s for a short while.  Glorious!  I went for a VERY short walk in the rain, and could hear people in the neighborhood outside laughing.  I’m just thrilled it remembers how to rain!  We are back to 100+ today, but hope is forecast for a week from now.  Hooray!

We are in the 🤞group for a few days.  Our cousin had a late flight Tuesday night returning from a business trip, so he spent the night with us before making the 3-hour drive home on Wednesday.  Of course we visited, shared a meal, hugged.  He texted yesterday afternoon that he tested positive.  RATS!  We have test kits ready for Monday (day 5).  We’re vaccinated and double boosted, but gee, so is the president.  We’re supposed to fly to Atlanta on 8/1 for a visit with DS & DDIL.  I do NOT want to have to cancel the trip!

So, we are staying cool and being hermits.

Oh no on the exposure to Covid.  Hope you test negative.  BTW,  since you were exposed Tuesday, Saturday could be the fifth day, two days less for you to worry.  Hope your cousin has a mild case and recovers soon.

Lenda

• Like 19

I wonder if I am the only one having problems dealing with the Internal Revenue Service.  When I did my taxes in March it asked me for last year's adjusted gross income before it would allow me to file online.  I gave the number and it rejected it, twice.  So I had to print and mail in the taxes.  Should have a refund, but nothing yet.  I checked online at the IRS website (where is my refund? portion) and they rejected my input.  So this morning we went to the local IRS office to talk to a real person.  Bottom line:  they are so far behind that they have not yet processed my return.  They say it should come in November.  And next year, when I file again online, if they reject the adjusted gross income number, just put zero and it will go through.  Anyway, I feel better that at least I got an answer from them.

Ray

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for all of the pictures of Nawiliwili. I have never been to Hawaii, but we are taking a cruise out of Vancouver, on the Koningsdam, in October. We have booked an excursion with Wings Over Kauai the day we are in Nawiliwili. 

• Like 16

@USN59-79We mailed our return on the 1st of April-so far, nothing. I checked online and no information available. This has happened the last 3 years. I did get smart and sent it certified mail with a return receipt, so I know they have it. Next year you will also get a statement for income from the IRS. You do get interest on your refund when it isn't issued in a timely manner.

• Like 9

Good afternoon, all! We are in the hot and Sunny Okanagan visiting DS and BIL. We were supposed to pick cherries, but because they were held back, the cherries came all at once when the heat came and are gone now. We’re going to be away much of the coming year, so if we missed cherry season it’s probably for the best.

I love hammocks! As Gerry mentioned, dyslexics are very familiar with unintended Spoonerisms. I thought I had outgrown them until shortly before Covid, when I was telling someone which border crossing we were using to go shopping for the day. I said that Sumas was closer for us, and didn’t have the lineups they get at the Peach Arse crossing. I was, of course, referring to the Peace Arch crossing. At least she got a good laugh.

The meal is similar to the sushi rolls I used to make for DD and I to take for lunches. I also used a variety of fillings, rather than fish.

The labour shortage in general is getting worse. On Salt Spring, the Post Office is closed today due to lack of staff. The ferry from the island to Victoria has cancelled the afternoon sailings for the next four day watch cycle due to crew shortage. This morning, they announced that the president and CEO of BC Ferries has just been fired and replaced. Perhaps he could get a job at the post office?

Anyway, it is hot and I’m heading to the lake with my book.

Happy Friday, everyone! At least I have a lake today, if not a BHB!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Good Evening Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Another busy work day, lots of software and hardware issues.  Stayed 90 minutes late.  In between zoom sessions I was busy changing usernames and passwords.  Biggest frustration was we don’t recognize your email and or password after logging in with them.  If you heard anyone yelling at their pc it could have been me.😂. It’s going to be very hot and humid.  I’m planning on takeout for at least once over the weekend.

image.thumb.png.75630d7f3606c6e622fa245f61db338b.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@USN59-79We mailed our return on the 1st of April-so far, nothing. I checked online and no information available. This has happened the last 3 years. I did get smart and sent it certified mail with a return receipt, so I know they have it. Next year you will also get a statement for income from the IRS. You do get interest on your refund when it isn't issued in a timely manner.

Glad to see I am not alone.  I also sent mine certified with return receipt, so I know they received it.  The person in the local office said I could drop it off there, thus saving about $7. in postage.  Also said if I knew about stating zero for AGI and filed online I would have received it a couple of months ago.  So I will try that next year.

They must worry about disgruntled tax payers.  They had a guard when I entered, wanded me, had me empty my pockets, and had my DW return my pocket knife to my car before I could actually enter the office.  Oh well, now I know.

Ray

• Like 10

Good afternoon, 

In the PNW we are having a cooler day with the sun recently coming out and a nice breeze. This weekend isn't supposed to be that warm but by Tuesday we'll be up close to 90. The big deal that is being made, besides it being hot, is that it won't cool down much during the night so relief won't be as readily available. 

I sent in our Income Tax at the end of February and kept checking the "where's my refund" site about mid-April. It always said the return couldn't be found. I finally got through on the phone to a real live person who checked and came back to tell me not to panic for several months, that they still were working on returns from the year before! I put my panic mode on hold and finally checked the where's my refund site when we got back from the cruise (last Sunday) and lo and behold the return is being processed. There is hope! 

Karen

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@Horizon chaser 1957We've already groaned about the ferry systems so had to laugh when you added the post office. I worked at our local office for a little over 30 years and today there was a plea in our local weekly paper for workers. 8 mail routes and only 3 full time carriers-glad I'm retired!

10 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Glad to see I am not alone.  I also sent mine certified with return receipt, so I know they received it.  The person in the local office said I could drop it off there, thus saving about $7. in postage.  Also said if I knew about stating zero for AGI and filed online I would have received it a couple of months ago.  So I will try that next year.

They must worry about disgruntled tax payers.  They had a guard when I entered, wanded me, had me empty my pockets, and had my DW return my pocket knife to my car before I could actually enter the office.  Oh well, now I know.

Ray

Here in Snohomish County we're down to mail deliveries about 3X per week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just checking in to say we had a great time in Williamsburg.  We were happy to visit our friends. It was nice to see them after almost two years when they moved away.

Tonight we are in Lumberton, NC and will be home tomorrow.

It was a long drive.  Don’t know if I have it in me to do it again.

God bless.

Terri

• Like 13