Azamazing Evening

Robb

1 hour ago, blobby113 said:

The cruise following that one has the destination immersion event bookable in the excursions. I’m predicting there will be an Azamazing Evening in Koper when all four Azamara ships are present, and the Onward leaves at 11pm.

Oh, I hope you’re right! That WILL be something to see.

Edited by lisiamc

8 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

If it's Perpetuum Jazzile performing in Koper's town square you're in for a treat.

Absolutely!

Our performance was at a nearby bar and it’s gardens on the water, so I imagine the size of that venue could be an issue. I don’t remember the town square as being particularly large either.

But the performance was memorable and, if offered, should not be missed.

Journey has its Azamazing evening later in their cruise I see so looks like they are not trying a four ships event. Covid concerns probably put the kibosh on that 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Journey has its Azamazing evening later in their cruise I see so looks like they are not trying a four ships event. Covid concerns probably put the kibosh on that 

There's no Azamazing listed at all for the Quest 7th October cruise. All four ships are in Koper from 8am-11pm on the 8th. I'm hoping something special, but a joint Azamazing isn't going to be it by the looks of it. I'm sure it will be a special day though. 

Phil 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 8/10/2022 at 1:03 PM, Twiga said:

An easy way to find out if an Azamazing Evening has been added to your cruise, just go to your account and view the shore excursions.  Click "VIEW ALL SHORE EXCURSIONS" or "ALL."  Then there is a drop down tab to sort the results.  Click "PRICE: LOW TO HIGH."  (It defaults to "FEATURED.") 

The Azamazing Evening will be the first result as the price is $0.  You may need to scroll down the page, but look for this:

image.png.fe3ff9b4b78d7092dfd2aba442700fc7.png

Thanks for this suggestion. I have done that for a voyage I am considering and there is nothing in terms of Azamazing Evening. It will be very disappointing if nothing would be planned. How many months in advance the Azamazing Evenings are planned now? The voyage I am looking at is in April.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks for this suggestion. I have done that for a voyage I am considering and there is nothing in terms of Azamazing Evening. It will be very disappointing if nothing would be planned. How many months in advance the Azamazing Evenings are planned now? The voyage I am looking at is in April.

Ivi

Azamara is just beginning to have the Azamazing Evening off ship.  It takes a lot of planning, so it may be closer to sailing that they post it.  Last month on the Quest our Azamazing Evening in Aqaba was one of the first post-pandemic.  The venue was changed after it was posted by Azamara on the excursion list.  Things are still changing. Keep checking.  My guess is that it will be posted soon, maybe in January, but maybe later depending on the itinerary.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2022 at 10:53 AM, Twiga said:

Azamara is just beginning to have the Azamazing Evening off ship.  It takes a lot of planning, so it may be closer to sailing that they post it.  Last month on the Quest our Azamazing Evening in Aqaba was one of the first post-pandemic.  The venue was changed after it was posted by Azamara on the excursion list.  Things are still changing. Keep checking.  My guess is that it will be posted soon, maybe in January, but maybe later depending on the itinerary.

I just discovered our AzAmazing evening is scheduled (10 May) in Colombo, Sri Lanka, for the 5 May 2023 Spice Route departure from Singapore.  Looks good.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

The inconsistency on actually having an Azamazing Evening is so great.  Corporate should really reconsider how they market this "benefit", as it leaves a bad taste in the mouth when it fails to occur.

Seems to me it's now occurring everywhere, except on trans-Atlantics.  That's pretty "consistent."

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Seems to me it's now occurring everywhere, except on trans-Atlantics.  That's pretty "consistent."

on my March Onward cruise in Canary Islands it appears to be an onboard event (listed as Destination Celebration)

38 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

My two Azamara cruises, both in 2022, had them advertised and promoted.  Both never occurred.

That's pretty consistent -- in not happening.

Especially bad is how onboard management then said "Well, we're having a White Night".  As if that was an acceptable alternative.

2 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

My two Azamara cruises, both in 2022, had them advertised and promoted.  Both never occurred.

Especially bad is how onboard management then said "Well, we're having a White Night".  As if that was an acceptable alternative.

The Azamazing Evenings have only started again as of November, and it takes a while to get them all going again, especially since they are also dependent on local restrictions. We had a Destination Immersion (on board event) on our November Onward cruise, none on the Transatlantic, which is what we expected, and on the 22 December cruise we had an Azamazing Evening ashore in Cartagena, Colombia. We are onboard Journey for late March, and there is an Azamazing Evening scheduled for 28 March in Seville. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

When were those cruises?

37 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

April and December

they had not restarted in April. Some ships started in November (although I was on Journey end November and it was onboard) Was your December cruise on Journey that was delayed in Lisbon due to port pilot strike? (due to leave 29th November but left early hours 1st December?) and had missed ports? -was the event planned for one of the missed ports?

43 minutes ago, wjfan417 said:

We’re on our first 7 day Azamara cruise in October. I don’t see an AzAmazing Evening in the shore excursions. Do they not have them on the shorter cruises?

Diana

The website says the only exceptions are transatlantic crossings and cruises LESS than 7 nights, so yours should have one, but they maybe haven’t got it planned yet.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2023 at 6:47 PM, Scots Caz said:

they had not restarted in April. Some ships started in November (although I was on Journey end November and it was onboard) Was your December cruise on Journey that was delayed in Lisbon due to port pilot strike? (due to leave 29th November but left early hours 1st December?) and had missed ports? -was the event planned for one of the missed ports?

That cruise did skip the port that was to have the Azamazing Evening.  As I recall that port was known to be cancelled before sailing although I don’t recall how much before.