The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 26th, 2022

richwmn

Chuck update-thank you for your prayers.

No biopsy done.

What they think happened was that a bit of bone, either from having the teeth removed, or from the surgeries, was moving around.  It nestled on a nerve in his mouth, and every time he ate, drank, had a smoke, it exasperated the nerve, and was putting him over the edge in pain.  But as of late last week, the bump was gone, it was no longer there.  And the pain was less, and when they looked today?  There was nothing to do a biopsy on.  This is great news, now to get him off all the drugs...... 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

The Kurdish dinner was fantastic. Minced lamb kebab, pomegranate rice, array of stewed vegetables, naan and hummus and the saffron and cardamom ice cream was to die for.

Tomorrow it’s a late start,  then every major city’s favorite the famous Hop On Hop Off Bus!

With the time difference it takes an effort to keep up with the Daily. Thanks for the reports.

Time for quiet reading time and soon to bed. Being a tourist is tiring!😎

Bruce

• Like 23

Good afternoon.  

@Live4cruises  I'll join you in your happy dance that you are covid free.  I'm sorry Mykonos is having renal problems.  I hope he remains happy and comfortable.  18 years is a long life for a cat, and I'm sure you gave him 18 very good years.

@durangoscots  Susan, I'm sorry about the mess with the blood test.  I hope they catch the person who damaged the gates.

@aliaschief  Thank you for sharing your trip in Scotland.  It is a beautiful country.

@kazu  I hope Shadow has safe travels to her forever home.  She is a very lucky girl.

@ger_77  Gerry, I hope the ultrasound shows the problem with your DH's leg and that it is not serious.

@marshhawk  In all honesty, I could not like your post, but I an glad you felt comfortable enough to share it with us.  No child should go through what your family endured and then inflicted on you and your brother.

@Sharon in AZ  I'm sorry your DM has covid.  I hope she recovers quickly and it remains a mild case.  We also had a cat, Happy, who was in renal failure, and I swear to this day she deliberately got behind the tire as DH was backing out of the garage.  It didn't kill her, but tore her diaphragm.  Since she would not have survived surgery, we had to put her down.

@marshhawk  That is good news about Chuck.  It's too bad that he had to endure all that pain before they found the problem.  I'm surprised it didn't show up in any of the scans.

I found some memes that might help explain summers in Texas, and would also apply to Quartzsite.  Some people in Quartzsite turn off their water heaters in the summer.

May be an image of text that says 'Hot Water Not As Hot Water You May MayBeFromTexas BeFrom Texas If You Understand This. www.ComputerCa'

May be an image of text that says 'TEXAS IS THAT FEELING WHEN YOU OPEN THE OVEN TO CHECK ON YOUR COOKIES AND YOU BURN YOUR FACE. ONLY THERE ARE NO COOKIES AND YOU CAN'T SHUT THE OVEN DOOR.'

May be an image of text that says 'FLIP FLOPS FOR THE TEXAS HEAT'

Early a/c in cars 🤣  I imagine many of us remember this.

May be a black-and-white image

This is for all the handy people who use tools to fix things around the house.

May be an image of text that says 'THIS NEW WRENCH IS AMAZING. One side is "Standard", OЛOP oHop FORGEDROTE 正 STEED FORDEDI FORO the other side is "Metri We truly do live in an anage of ftechnologicalmarv'

I'll leave you with a picture of my Silverado Sage that is in full bloom.  In the past, it has bloomed after we get rain or we water, but his time it's had neither for quite a while.  Also, this is the fullest bloom we've seen from the plants.  I hope the bees are liking the flowers.

DSC00013.thumb.JPG.a7865984472d166347345e44c20d4b75.JPG

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 20
  • Haha 5

@marshhawk, Great news about Chuck!  There is nothing so sweet as unexpected happy news.

Oh Ann, your family's story is just heartbreaking.  I am so glad you have been able to exit the cycle of pain and fear and create a loving life for yourself, Chuck, bff's, animals.  We are all glad that you found us too.  ❤️

Mykonos is very grateful for all the warm thoughts that he is picking up!  Thank you all for being animal lovers.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

No biopsy done.

What they think happened was that a bit of bone, either from having the teeth removed, or from the surgeries, was moving around.  It nestled on a nerve in his mouth, and every time he ate, drank, had a smoke, it exasperated the nerve, and was putting him over the edge in pain.  But as of late last week, the bump was gone, it was no longer there.  And the pain was less, and when they looked today?  There was nothing to do a biopsy on.  This is great news, now to get him off all the drugs...... 

Excellent news.

Always nice to hear a solution was found that wasn't serious.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I spoke with my DM this morning and she has covid. Drat!  She sounded horrible but said it wasn’t as bad as she thought it would be when she “eventually would get it” so that’s good. 

Robin @Live4cruises — so sorry about Mykonos. We lost our dear Sassy from kidney problems but I actually think she did it herself after her sweet brother (he was a beautiful Maine Coon) because she missed him so much.  

Vanessa @JazzyV— thankfully I didn’t have to wear roller skates when I was a car hop!  😉

Ann @marshhawk — prayers for Chuck today. 

Sending your mam our prayers 🙏 Sharon.

I hope your mam recovers quickly and her symptoms remain minor and clear ASAP.

Graham.

• Like 9

@Quartzsite Cruiser  Georgia gets the water faucet joke!  By mid August,  the secret of making great coffee with cold, goes out the window.

@StLouisCruisersSandi, I have to admit and @richwmn that I am not a Varsity fan.  When I first moved south, I was married to someone from Spartanburg SC, and they have something similar, called the Beacon.  So we would head up to Spartanburg,  crash at the parents house and go eat there.  Great turkey clubs, and great onion rings.  The owner, Mr. White would ask me, if the Beacon was better than the Varsity, and since the only time I had eaten at the Varsity I ended up getting sick, i always told Mr. White that yes the Beacon was better.  Plus, are you really going to tell the man that is about to feed you his food isn't good?  Also being yelled at scared me-What'll ya have!

• Like 14
  • Haha 3

Finally home after a somewhat frustrating day. The garage in my condo is undergoing renovations and my car gets very dusty so I take it to a drive through car wash about twice a week just to get the dust removed. Today I went to three car washes and none were working, I didn't want get a hand wash done so I figured it can wait another day. As I was driving towards home my car started beeping and a low key battery/ no key warning was flashing. As I knew I was near a locksmith that I have used previously I headed in that direction but when I got there it was permanently closed. Google to the rescue and I got directions to another which of course was in the direction I had just driven from. Now I have a new battery and no warnings in my car.

Off to the grocery store, managed to get everything on my list as well as Tres Leches cake. They had single servings at the bakery on special which was great as I really don't need to eat more sweets this week!

Just made it to my car before the heavens opened again, thunder and lightening directly above me. Then the drawbridge was raised so I was in my car in the storm with rain and wind buffeting the car.

The good news is the rain was so heavy that all the dust was washed off my car and I got everything I needed at the store.

I think it's time for coffee and cake, I deserve it!!

• Like 24

@marshhawk Ann, thank you for sharing your story.  I don’t know if I could be that brave to share all that.  it makes me realize that my own story of not knowing half my family is not all that bad.

I give you a lot of credit for getting through all that.

Prayers.

Terri

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

@marshhawk Ann, thank you for sharing your story.  I don’t know if I could be that brave to share all that.  it makes me realize that my own story of not knowing half my family is not all that bad.

I give you a lot of credit for getting through all that.

Prayers.

Terri

+1

• Like 11

Time for an afternoon check-in.  

@kochleffelthe papyrus is growing in large pots along the fence, just being watered every couple of days and additional moisture when it rains.  I can't imagine how high it would grow if it was beside a pond!  We've called several greenhouses to see if we could possibly over-winter the plants in the house and have been told by every one of them that we wouldn't be successful in our efforts.  We'll just enjoy them while we have them and will purchase new plants in the spring.

Thank you everyone for your wishes for DH's ultra sound.  It went fine, and we expect to hear from the doctor tomorrow if there are any issues that need fixing.  The edema has gone down and his ankle and foot look normal again.

@marshhawkwow, what trauma you've experienced in your lifetime!  I am sorry for all you've had to endure, but am glad you found your alternate family here with us.

@Live4cruisessending gentle hugs to Mykonos; I hope you still have some happy times together.

@Sharon in AZsending your healing thoughts to your Mom; hopefully it won't be too hard on her.

Have a great evening, everyone!  

• Like 17

@marshhawk Great news about Chuck! I'm so sorry to hear of what you and your family went through. I often think how blessed I was to have my adopting mother be the person she was.

@Sharon in AZ Prayers for your DM and I hope her case of Covid remains mild and that she recovers quickly.

@Sea Viewer Free car wash! I had a devil of a time getting my key fob open to change the battery the last time I got the low battery warning. Enjoy your coffee and cake! When I was visiting BFF's family in Germany, afternoon coffee and cake was a big thing every day at my hosts' house.

• Like 17

19 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Free car wash! I had a devil of a time getting my key fob open to change the battery the last time I got the low battery warning. Enjoy your coffee and cake! When I was visiting BFF's family in Germany, afternoon coffee and cake was a big thing every day at my hosts' house.

I also couldn't open my fob last time and as I was going the dealer for service the next day I had them do it. This time the locksmith, who was a really nice lady, showed me how to do it. Hopefully I'll remember if I need to do it again.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

No biopsy done.

I am glad Chuck did not have to undergo a biopsy.I also appreciate  the courage you showed in telling your story. I can see that you have created many positive  situations  for yourself and I am glad you found us.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Have been to Maroe Bay, French Polynesia on our 2022 bhb cruise and love tres leche cake. Hopeful for healthy days for all, my DM is finished with Covid and enjoying a small social life with visits from family members. As my father was adopted & mother only had one sister, aunts and uncles were few but well loved and involved in our family life. ❤️
We are cleaning and packing up at Whidbey Island. Sure appreciate washer/dryers, clotheslines, winds and hot weather. I had to make my invented-in-AZ cooling neck cloth this morning. I cover a cloth dish towel in ice water, wring out and wrap around neck under shirt and hair for instant relief! Last evening we enjoyed dinner on the deck, with fresh crab, pasta and green salads and Sauvignon Blanc. 
image.thumb.jpg.6498b69cdf6bdbbfd54a1ca4f510ed1c.jpg

• Like 20

Good Evening Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Busy day with work.  With one of the projects it feels like Groundhog Day, they keep revisiting items that were settled before the project started.   When I’ve needed batteries for my key fob I used Interstate Batteries, with coupon it was 4.99.  Today I’m able to give the ac a rest.  The temperature got to about 85 with low humidity.  I hope everyone has a good night.

image.png.05b259c3bed357f44abf81a4afdddd1a.png

• Like 17
  • Haha 2

Wow, quite a lot of news this afternoon from everyone.  I was waiting for an update on DD and she got back to me as she was headed home.  She said she's starved (nothing to eat all day) and was going to pick up something in the drive-thru.  Her procedure went well, and when she woke up felt fine and even dressed by herself.  The nurse said she was doing wonderfully.  That's a relief!  She should do quite well so thanks to all for your prayers and good thoughts.

My family in St. Louis have been reporting on their flooding.  They got 8 to 12 inches overnight depending on where you lived.  Twin's youngest DD had a flooded property due to a creek behind their house.  A few hours later the water had gone down. But she has a flooded family room which the previous owners added from a breezeway between the house and garage.  It stepped down.  So that room has to be stripped of flooring and drywall on the bottom foot of the walls.  Replace insulation and drywall, etc.  Servicemaster is coming out tomorrow to do some work, and FEMA officials will be in the neighborhood Friday to check on what everyone's damage was.  One of their cars had water up to the doors so it got wet inside.  Her DD worked on cleaning up that car all day.  Some people's basements leaked but luckily not DB or twin's house.

@Live4cruisesI'm sorry to hear about Mykonos's kidney problems.  I hope he has lots more time left with you.

@marshhawkgreat news about Chuck's biopsy not even needed doing.  Good luck getting him weaned off the pain meds.  And others have said it more eloquently than I ever could.  We're glad you found us here and that we can be your adopted family.  What a heartbreaking childhood!  I'm glad you're a survivor!

@Sharon in AZoh drat on DM catching Covid!  It has to happen sooner or later to all of us I guess.  I know you will watch out for her and she'll be well before you know it.

@Quartzsite Cruiserloved the memes!  DH got quite a kick out of the not as hot water faucet.  True for us here in Georgia as well but probably not as hot as Arizona or Texas.

@Sea Viewersounds like a successful day.  Finding all the groceries, accomplishing key fob battery replacement, and a free car wash!  I hope the Tres Leches cake was scrumptious!

@ger_77nice to hear the ultrasound is done and a report coming up.  But even better the fact his leg is doing better already.  Wish mine was.  I've been trying to schedule a follow up appointment but there are no openings until late September.  The doctor's office manager is trying to find me a time that works with my upcoming road trip dates.

@TbayI'm not sure.  Is Vizcaya in Miami?  She and her two siblings go on an annual vacation with their Dad (parents divorced) and sometimes it's at the beach somewhere in Florida.  But who knows where each year. It looks like a downtown area off in the distance.  

Have a good evening everyone!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good evening everyone. I’m very late today because we were busy celebrating my daughter, Lori’s birthday.

I’m delighted to report that my son has recovered from covid and the only lingering symptom he has is not being happy to return to work. He picked up his son from the airport after his 5 weeks in Israel with his camp and he has been awake for 48 hours. I feel sorry for anyone else on the plane bringing them back to Newark.

Hope everyone is safe,

Carol

• Like 15