Recommendation for a moderately priced hotel near port in Barcelona.

jonthomas

We have stayed in Bar frequently but always just off La Ramblas.

This time, going in a day or two early only because of the chaos at the airports. Our cruise is in November.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel near the cruise port?

20 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

This time, going in a day or two early only because of the chaos at the airports. Our cruise is in November.

Kimpton Vividora in the Gothic Quarter.

Better define Reasonably Priced?  My last stay in BCN,  that equated to $200 ish USD so you know it has been a number of years since we stayed there. My grandkids are arriving in November for a short stay prior to heading down to Valencia for the final Motogp race of the season and got a very nice apartment for old time “reasonable” price on VRBO. 
Mauibabes

• Like 1

There are many fine BCN hotel suggestions on CC board -- Ports -- Europe --  Mediterranean Eastern & Western -- Spain Ports.  Look for topic on Hotels in Barcelona, and Hotels in Madrid and Barcelona.  Found many suggestions, and searched them all.  Settled on Hotel Continental Palacete (but it's on Las Ramblas).

Edited by FetaCheese

We had a lovely stay for 1 night at the Hotel Avenida Palace.  Since we were picked up with luggage at the port, toured, and then dropped off at the hotel, I don't think it was too far from the port.  The street was beautiful and tree-lined, and a wonderful seafood tapas restaurant attached (but not affiliated with the hotel).  We had dinner there, and the staff was amazing!  The hotel offered breakfast the next day, and even found something for us since we had to check out at 4:45 to make our flight.  It was about 20 minutes from El Prat airport.

Edited by DENIE

8 hours ago, jonthomas said:

In November, there is only one for us...Eurostars Grand Marina at the World Trade Centre. In high season it is expensive, and we wouldn't book then, off season very reasonably priced.

I'd like to add to @jonthomasquestion about hotel stay in BCN.  Our cruise ends there near end of September.  We will stay for 3 nights to tour a little and do some relaxing.  We were there 20+ years ago the day our cruise began so just got a little taste of the city.  What location do you suggest for access to tours, local food and sights?  We often use VRBO or other to schedule several nights stay like the grandkids mentioned above - but not sure about "location".

Deb in Naples

We stayed at the Hotel Jazz in May.  We booked a superior double room with breakfast.  The room was very nice and the breakfast was great.  It was easy to get to the hotel from the airport using the Aerobus.  The hotel is on Las Ramblas and is very near a metro station.  The Hotel Jazz was a great choice for us.  

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 7:28 PM, CruisingIGo said:

Rick Steve’s recommends Hotel Continental and Hotel Continental Palacete.  We have stayed at both and enjoyed both. 

We have stayed at both of these as well.  They are modest but enjoyable.  Palacete is a 4* I think, the Continental is a 3*  It's a long time since we stayed at either one but the Continental did have more of a "back packer" clientele.  Also, the 24 hour buffet was more modest but if you were hungry it did suffice.

Both are on the Ramblas, one below the plaza, the other shortly above.

Our information is may years ago, however.  But we had no problem with either hotel.

21 hours ago, nursinadream said:

I'd like to add to @jonthomasquestion about hotel stay in BCN.  Our cruise ends there near end of September.  We will stay for 3 nights to tour a little and do some relaxing.  We were there 20+ years ago the day our cruise began so just got a little taste of the city.  What location do you suggest for access to tours, local food and sights?  We often use VRBO or other to schedule several nights stay like the grandkids mentioned above - but not sure about "location".

Deb in Naples

Hi Deb -

I love Barcelona.   I would suggest looking near the Placa Catalunya.  This will put you within walking distance of The Ramblas, the Gothic Quarter and the Gaudi houses.   From Placa Catalunya you have access to the hop on hop off buses, the Metro and Aerobus.

I really like the El Avenida Palace Hotel.   We will be there in October at the end of our cruise and staying in this hotel for the third time.

Have fun!

Joe

• Like 2

Pre-COVID, we stayed for three nights at the Hotel 1898.  It is not moderately priced; however, its location cannot be beaten—close to La Ramblas, shops, restaurants, main plaza, and easy walking distance from monuments and other historical buildings—and, it is quiet.  The rooms are large, lovely bathroom, quiet air conditioning.  We had excellent breakfasts although our only dinner was very expensive and, for us, not that great. There was a very good restaurant about two buildings away.  Hotel amenities were first class.

56 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

Thanks for this.  I checked it out, looks great.  

Deb

One thing.....I found the bathroom floor slippery when wet. Tub had no grab bat. They recommended that I ask for a handicapped room next time.  H8gh tub

• Like 1

H10 Casa Mimosa - located on the same block as the La Pedrera building. We had a wonderful stay and a great room with a full balcony where we invited friends for cocktails overlooking courtyard and La Pedrera. 

Have walked the Gothic area many times, La Ramblas etc...

Dont need to be in centre. Would prefer to be at the Marina, within walking distance of ship. 

Only going in earlier because of the Air travel chaos. 

Moderately priced IMHO  is anything $180 and under, this is off season. 

44 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Have walked the Gothic area many times, La Ramblas etc...

Dont need to be in centre. Would prefer to be at the Marina, within walking distance of ship. 

Only going in earlier because of the Air travel chaos. 

Moderately priced IMHO  is anything $180 and under, this is off season. 

I would  check  one of the hotel booking sites   & filter  the areas/price that suits your budget

then contact the hotel of your choice to see if they have  a better rate

6 hours ago, escrick said:

Pre-COVID, we stayed for three nights at the Hotel 1898.  It is not moderately priced; however, its location cannot be beaten—close to La Ramblas, shops, restaurants, main plaza, and easy walking distance from monuments and other historical buildings—and, it is quiet.  The rooms are large, lovely bathroom, quiet air conditioning.  We had excellent breakfasts although our only dinner was very expensive and, for us, not that great. There was a very good restaurant about two buildings away.  Hotel amenities were first class.

We've stayed at the Hotel 1898 a number of times and love it. Again pre Covid but the restaurant right next door was good and not too expensive and there's a Starbucks on the other side for breakfast if you want something light. The rooftop bar has a great view of BCN as well.

The Crown Plaza at placa de espanya is reasonable, nice and right next to the main metro and train stations.  Easy train trip Monserrat, at the base of the castle, near the fountains, and easy metro to Las Ramblas and anywhere else.  Plus it is on the port side of the city, 5 min cab at best.

We have also stayed at the Hotel Colon on cathedral square, nice but in the middle everything, and where the pick pockets hang out. I was pickpocketed there and lost a little Prada wallet on a chain so not good memories.

I'm pretty sure no hotel will be in reasonable walking distance (with luggage) to the ship, unless you're on an R ship that might park at the World Trade Center dock. 

• Like 1

Hi

We are sailing out of Barcelona (on board Nautica) on August 15th. We are taking Oceania (reccomended) Hotel (included in our booking) it's called : Hotel Ohla Eixample .. . On sailing date we will be picked up by O and taken to the ship. Is it possible for you to book this? 

In addition to this we are having our luggage collected from our home in Manchester and taken to our room on board.

There is also a company called Sun Transfers, who do exactly that.

Why not look on a booking site for hotels?

BR

Josie