Princess keeps changing my booking...

Thrak

10 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

When I log in to my Princess account and go to the cruise that I am interested in, after I chose a cabin, I noticed it says can hold until "XX" (XX is 3 days later).  If I do a mock booking and 2 days later I decided to call in to Princess and tell the Princess agent I am now ready to do the actual booking on the "hold" booking I did, is that okay?  Or I must go back to my account and finish that booking online?  Also, if the website's price a day or two later gone up higher than the booking that I placed on hold, or OBC offered on my "hold" booking is no longer being offered, will I have to pay the new price or my "on hold" booking price and OBC offered still will be honored?  Thank you.

The hold holds things as they were when you booked.  I don't do what you do anymore (on Princess.com), but I imagine you can come back and apply deposits.  I think I have read it will look at and accept using any available FCD's.  But you can also call a rep on the phone to do it.

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The hold holds things as they were when you booked.  I don't do what you do anymore (on Princess.com), but I imagine you can come back and apply deposits.  I think I have read it will look at and accept using any available FCD's.  But you can also call a rep on the phone to do it.

Thanks.

@Thrakthat happened to us twice too.  We lost our cabin and they told me it was not marked as “do not upgrade” even though we asked them twice.  The last person I talked to assured me it is now marked as do no upgrade.  Make sure your TA gets them to double check to make sure properly marked.

23 hours ago, Thrak said:

Thanks. I'm so frustrated I didn't think to do that but I have done it now. Hopefully my TA can remove the "hold" booking and fix things back the way they were before. That's what I'm asking him to do as I didn't get into detail on the bogus booking so I don't want it to be completed. Hopefully I haven't just made more problems.

This is what I did when I found I had been moved over a weekend... put my old cabin on hold and my PVP fixed it on Monday. And yeah mine was marked no upgrade too. 

16 hours ago, Hlitner said:

As to future COVID policies, exemptions, etc.  it is a moving target.  What we know is that there will be newly formulated vaccines sometime this year and that might again drive policy changes.  If the BA5 variant continues to cause such a problem I would not be surprised to see a 2023 requirement that everyone be vaccinated with a booster effective against BA5.   This particular variant is currently causing lots of grief for all cruise lines (and passengers) as many passengers get COVID, must be quarantined, and cause problems for everyone involved.   And when you consider that some ships have had more than 100 cases, and many cases obviously go undetected because passengers do not report being sick or our asymptomatic...it is amazing that cruises continue without more difficulties.

Hank

And right after that, there will be a new variant. It seems to be a never ending cycle, though less deadly is a positive development.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And right after that, there will be a new variant. It seems to be a never ending cycle, though less deadly is a positive development.

Yep.   That is just part of life and folks either learn to live with COVID or continue to restrict their lives and deal with the related anxiety.

Hank

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hlitner said:

You and I are on the same page, but the CC rules do not allow me to even begin to say what I think about all this stuff. 

Hank

You got that right. I had posts deleted when omicron first surfaced in Africa and I pointed out that the sick were presenting with flu-like symptoms and being treated at home.  

Each new variant is another brick in the wall of covid prison.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, martinitime1 said:

We just did a check up on our Nov cruise coming up on pay day. Somehow our Premier beverage package has changed to Plus bev pkg. I will expect it changed back prior to payment.

Are you confusing the old Premier(new Plus) with the new Premiere( extra e). 

On 7/30/2022 at 3:03 PM, martinitime1 said:

We just did a check up on our Nov cruise coming up on pay day. Somehow our Premier beverage package has changed to Plus bev pkg. I will expect it changed back prior to payment.

Disd you pay for the one that includes all drinks up to and including $12?

On 7/29/2022 at 4:38 PM, chubbypiggy said:

When I log in to my Princess account and go to the cruise that I am interested in, after I chose a cabin, I noticed it says can hold until "XX" (XX is 3 days later).  If I do a mock booking and 2 days later I decided to call in to Princess and tell the Princess agent I am now ready to do the actual booking on the "hold" booking I did, is that okay?  Or I must go back to my account and finish that booking online?  Also, if the website's price a day or two later gone up higher than the booking that I placed on hold, or OBC offered on my "hold" booking is no longer being offered, will I have to pay the new price or my "on hold" booking price and OBC offered still will be honored?  Thank you.

Yes, Princess can finish your booking. If you want to use a TA, you might have to finish the booking first. A TA that I stopped using, for many reasons, always wanted me to finish the booking first.

The price for the hold will stay the same and the OBC will be honored.

As @Steelers36 pointed out, you can use your Future Cruise Deposits when completing a booking online. BUT if you have the glitch that I have...for some reason when I do a booking online, I'm either not offered a box to check for FCD or it won't recognize that I'm trying to use it. 9 times out of 10 I have to call Princess to finish the booking.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

On 7/30/2022 at 6:03 PM, martinitime1 said:

99% you booked prior to the beverage package changes and introduction of new fare class - Premier (no extra "e" folks).  Because Princess had a pre-existing beverage package called Premier, they had to finally remove confusion by naming that drink package "Plus" in order to match up with the fare class "Plus".  There is a whole new beverage package called "Premier" which aligns with the Premier fare class. 

You booked before the name change and you are getting the same package as before.  It's been renamed to Plus.  You can read up on these on Princess.com.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Yes, Princess can finish your booking. If you want to use a TA, you might have to finish the booking first. A TA that I stopped using, for many reasons, always wanted me to finish the booking first.

The price for the hold will stay the same and the OBC will be honored.

As @Steelers36 pointed out, you can use your Future Cruise Deposits when completing a booking online. BUT if you have the glitch that I have...for some reason when I do a booking online, I'm either not offered a box to check for FCD or it won't recognize that I'm trying to use it. 9 times out of 10 I have to call Princess to finish the booking.

After I placed a booking "on hold", and later decide to finish the booking, instead of finishing it myself online or calling Princess directly, can I login to my account and choose the option to have a CVP contact me, and let the CVP finish the booking?

4 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

After I placed a booking "on hold", and later decide to finish the booking, instead of finishing it myself online or calling Princess directly, can I login to my account and choose the option to have a CVP contact me, and let the CVP finish the booking?

No. The only way to get a CVP is to call Princess or sometimes when you first start booking, you'll get an email from a CVP inviting you to contact him/her.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

99% you booked prior to the beverage package changes and introduction of new fare class - Premier (no extra "e" folks).  Because Princess had a pre-existing beverage package called Premier, they had to finally remove confusion by naming that drink package "Plus" in order to match up with the fare class "Plus".  There is a whole new beverage package called "Premier" which aligns with the Premier fare class. 

You booked before the name change and you are getting the same package as before.  It's been renamed to Plus.  You can read up on these on Princess.com.

This is how it was explained to us as well from our T/A just today after talking with Princess. Had exactly to do with adding the now Premier package which pumps the allowance up to $18.00.

Next question, does anyone have a list or link to what brands of alcohol/wine are included/allowed in each level beverage pkg? Plus vs Premier

6 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

No. The only way to get a CVP is to call Princess or sometimes when you first start booking, you'll get an email from a CVP inviting you to contact him/her.

This morning I received an email from a CVP asking me to contact him if I need assistance booking a cruise.  For the last 12 years, I used an outside TA, but she retired and the new TA who took over the retired TA's bookings is very unprofessional.  So I am thinking of trying Princess CVP.  This is why I want to know for bookings that I placed on "hold" during Princess' off hours, the next day, can I have a CVP to finish my "hold" booking? 

1 minute ago, chubbypiggy said:

This morning I received an email from a CVP asking me to contact him if I need assistance booking a cruise.  For the last 12 years, I used an outside TA, but she retired and the new TA who took over the retired TA's bookings is very unprofessional.  So I am thinking of trying Princess CVP.  This is why I want to know for bookings that I placed on "hold" during Princess' off hours, the next day, can I have a CVP to finish my "hold" booking? 

Yes you can.   I usually shop at night or weekends.  This past weekend I placed an Alaska cruise on hold, 2 mini suites, connecting for June 2023.   Sent an email to my CVP on Sunday and by 11:30 this morning she had processed the hold, emailed me to place the deposit.  All taken care of with flights booked using EZAir.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Yes. Just contact the CVP.

I had an issue with the Medallion. TA that I used (not the past tense, I fired her for other reasons) was no help. The Medallion helpers were no help. I contacted a CVP (after figuring out what his name is from a thread that got deleted because posters were naming names or giving very strong hints). Contacted him and he fixed it.

I don't get any extra OBC or better prices, but the service is outstanding.

• Like 1

GAH! GAH!! GAH!!!

Just had my TA move us back to the correct cabin for the third time!!!

He just called and said he got the cabin back and said, "I don't know any way to tell them better to not upgrade the cabin". We agreed that is the stupid system automagically upgrading our cabin but it's getting really old. Apparently I will have to check my booking every day up to and including December 2nd to make sure I have to proper cabin.

I sent a snotty-gram to customer relations but, of course, it won't help. I did tell them if they want upgrade me to a Full Suite to go for it but otherwise to leave my dang booking alone!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just sent a (polite) email to John Padgett regarding this issue. I likely won't get a reply but it seems I need to try everything I can to get this resolved.

You know he probably knows who you are on CruiseCritic ... 😱

• Haha 1

Is it one of those wake-view cabins?

Are there cabins the exact same category showing booked?

I still think that it is possible that they are preparing to use that area for Covid isolation?

They are certainly not going to say that, at all.

It does look like something is going on if this keeps happening over and over with that cabin.

If you had been bumped for that cabin to be used for other passengers (not covid) then I don't see how you would be able to get it back.

For sure a mid-ship area would not be an isolation area.

I would imagine these isolation areas would be forward of the forward elevators, or aft of the aft elevators.

They would want to eliminate any other cross traffic.

If this happens yet again, and you see an acceptable cabin that is mid-ship, and you do not like the specific one assigned, I might consider going with a mid-ship cabin.  

Or, there is the possibility that then those cabins are all filled, they would have to move you to an even bigger upgrade.