Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

1 minute ago, LAKaye said:

The Odyssey doesn't have an indoor pool?  Why was I thinking that there was a pool in the Solarium?  Please elaborate - I would really appreciate more info.  Thank you very much!

Odyssey does have the cascading indoor pools in the adults-only solarium, as shown here:

97A69692-F4C5-41D5-AD4D-0221AC79C9EC.jpeg.54cedd9104c09cdd6c693ab6cbfc85f9.jpeg

But it doesn’t have a family solarium/indoor pool, like Anthem. This has been replaced with another outdoor pool. See photos.

Anthem:

08EB6DB7-6BDE-4B7C-B685-AF01EDB26461.jpeg.49dd227ab8f4cd3999d25802c3fc8858.jpeg

Odyssey:

DE15687B-E056-49F5-BDCF-A08751948F0D.png.8ed41fbd9ec63622c1bc3b1807eebb37.png

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Anyone else notice from the deployment flyers that the Odyssey TA end in New Jersey.  No TA released yet for Anthem.

14-Night Spanish Transatlantic

November 3, 2024

Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy • Cruising • Palma De Mallorca, Spain • Valencia, Spain • Cruising • Malaga, Spain • Cruising • Madeira (Funchal), Portugal • Cruising (6 days) • Cape Liberty, New Jersey

Any idea when these WB TA's will be released?  Thanks.

14 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

More listed on Royal site... Like the long Jewel ones, prices not too bad for 12 &13 niters

I booked the July 11 night on Jewel British Isles. Not a bad price. Was on her for her Arctic Circle this past July and she's still in great shape. Excited to sail out of Amsterdam again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I booked the July 11 night on Jewel British Isles. Not a bad price. Was on her for her Arctic Circle this past July and she's still in great shape. Excited to sail out of Amsterdam again.

Cool. I'll wave as you sail past into Edinburgh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

More listed on Royal site... Like the long Jewel ones, prices not too bad for 12 &13 niters

I ended up calling early this morning before heading to work, since I couldn't get to the British Isles sailings on the website (error message), and I was able to book our 12 night BI cruise for about $750 less than the same cruise for 2021. I was quite happy!!!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I want to do the Norwegian fjords cruise but I can't convince DW to fly across the Atlantic anymore.

TA cruise to Southampton, Norwegian fjords cruise, then back across the pond on Cunard's weekly crossing...?

Need to do it soon though. As I understand it, Norway is likely to be banning big cruise ships from 2025-ish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Odyssey does have the cascading indoor pools in the adults-only solarium, as shown here:

97A69692-F4C5-41D5-AD4D-0221AC79C9EC.jpeg.54cedd9104c09cdd6c693ab6cbfc85f9.jpeg

But it doesn’t have a family solarium/indoor pool, like Anthem. This has been replaced with another outdoor pool. See photos.

Anthem:

08EB6DB7-6BDE-4B7C-B685-AF01EDB26461.jpeg.49dd227ab8f4cd3999d25802c3fc8858.jpeg

Odyssey:

DE15687B-E056-49F5-BDCF-A08751948F0D.png.8ed41fbd9ec63622c1bc3b1807eebb37.png

Yes, that's what I meant. I consider Anthem to have three pools, the Solarium, the Indoor pool and their main outdoor pool. If Odyssey is replacing the Anthem, that Solarium will be packed on the colder sea days. It also makes an inconvenience for any families with children that can't go in the Solarium/a pool until it gets warmer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Do it SOON. Norway is set to ban big cruise ships in the very foreseeable future - 2025-ish.

Thanks for that info. Worst case scenario, we will have to visit Norway, and take day cruises around the fjords.  I think our retirement cruises are going to break the bank for a year or so. 😂

• Haha 2

Can someone tell me how the prices compare to last year? I am new to European cruising. We are doing a TA next October and I thought the rates were reasonable. These rates seem high to me. Also, is Europe like the Caribbean in that the cheapest rates are usually in the early release, though they will bounce around a little. 

7 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Thanks for that info. Worst case scenario, we will have to visit Norway, and take day cruises around the fjords.  I think our retirement cruises are going to break the bank for a year or so. 😂

It's beautiful. You won't regret going whenever it might be. I was there on two separate occasions many years ago, not cruise related, and have always wanted to return. 

I've got my mum-and-daughter girls' fjords cruise booked for next July on Anthem. Can't wait.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

It's beautiful. You won't regret going whenever it might be. I was there on two separate occasions many years ago, not cruise related, and have always wanted to return. 

I've got my mum-and-daughter girls' fjords cruise booked for next July on Anthem. Can't wait.

What memories you will make! Have a great cruise!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

The British public are bored of Anthem.
Many are jumping  ship to brand new p&o or brand new MSC which beat an 8 year old Anthem with 8 year old shows … 

I was happy to book it LB. Always love to cruise out of my homeland and pricing was good on 9/1/24 sailing.  Got a J4 for only $400 more than we paid for. Med cruise on Vision this summer (Very disappointing experience w/ ship in poor shape and food so-so). Some new ports for us too. 

Edited by librarylady19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Choozin Croozin said:

Can someone tell me how the prices compare to last year? I am new to European cruising. We are doing a TA next October and I thought the rates were reasonable. These rates seem high to me. Also, is Europe like the Caribbean in that the cheapest rates are usually in the early release, though they will bounce around a little. 

I can’t speak for Europe, but we’ve found that Nee England and Alaska cruises are like the Caribbean.  We book early for all, and rarely have discounted prices.  Only right after Covid did we find prices dropping later.  With the sailings we have now (RCI and Celebrity) we paid considerably less than they are charging now.

4 hours ago, barbeyg said:

We just bit the bullet after talking several times.

Odyssey TA, then Odyssey Holy Land cruise.  26 days at sea.  Then maybe a bit of time in Italy afterwards.   😍

Just booked the Holy Land cruise. No TA, will spend land time in Europe first. Third time booking. First 2 Covid casualties

• Like 1

12 hours ago, little britain said:

The British public are bored of Anthem.
Many are jumping  ship to brand new p&o or brand new MSC which beat an 8 year old Anthem with 8 year old shows … 

I am not sure that this is reasonable.. Anthem is in Britain only for two or three years now after Indy. The British people also complain about P&O and Iona, bad service, crowded and missed ports. And Grandiosa / Virtuosa are cheap for a reason. Very crowded and noisy and  good only in Yacht Club. Which Royal ship would be better for the Brits? Odyssey is nearly the same as Anthem but less indoor options. Indy and sisters where too old the Brits complained and big Oasis class is not able to cruise to Norway and many other key destinations from the UK. Radiance class is too old and small the Brits complained…

Edited by Saab4444
  • Like 1