Windjammer favorites!

zebra

Love their (Harmony) Indian food!! Last time I tried it with the condiments (“Pickle” and the yogurt sauce). I developed a love/hate relationship with the Pickle…loved the taste, but so spicy! I asked about it (he showed me the jar) searched and searched at home…..no luck, had to order it. It’s Mango that’s pickled. I’m thinking it’s the Indian version of kimchi 🤷🏻‍♀️  
I’ll be feasting on it early Sept 😋 

15 hours ago, WELDON said:

I also love the breakfast bread.  It has cranberries and raisins and is similar to a German stolen bread. 

Austrian striezel. I'm wondering if this, and the 'raisin bread' are the same thing.  I absolutely love it. On the last morning, I always take a few slices with me, for breakfast the next morning. 

Breakfast - oatmeal.  I go to the yogurt station and get seeds, nuts, and dried fruits, then get the hot milk, raisins (dried cranberries are better) and brown sugar with the oatmeal.  All the fibers.  🙂

And then a pastry, smoked salmon, and BACON.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, moposh said:

I like the fruit soups they had.  I don't know that they really still do them.  It was probably my first cruise when they had these regularly.  I do miss them.

I asked for and got chilled fruit soups every night in MDR. The strawberry one is my favourite 

14 minutes ago, little britain said:

I asked for and got chilled fruit soups every night in MDR. The strawberry one is my favourite 

Used to love the chilled soups and they would frequently be in the WJ on the same nights as they were being served in the MDR.

Breakfast - when I can find it, avocado toast.  I had it on Allure in October/November 2021 and it was the best I ever had.  Also waffles, fried egg with runny yolk. 

Don't have a favorite for lunch or dinner.  I usually stick with go to for lunch.  Fries, cheeseburger, and a few sides of whatever looks good.

Dinner is always MDR or specialty dining.

13 hours ago, mrsdiznee said:

Always look forward to the Honey Stung Chicken at lunch on embarkation day. Also love  the raisin bread at breakfast. It is delicious. 

so on all your cruises; you have the Honey Stung Chicken on Day 1?

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

so on all your cruises; you have the Honey Stung Chicken on Day 1?

Yes I had it on all our cruises first day but our last cruise was in 2017.  Cancer and pandemic delayed our cruising for awhile. Sounds like honey stung chicken may not be my day 1 lunch in October when we are on the Allure. 

The bran muffins at breakfast.  Every morning, my breakfast is a bran muffin, a big pile of lox, and crispy bacon.  If no crispy bacon, then a couple sausage links.

Any of the Indian food.

Lox and more lox.  And then some more, just to be sure I've gotten my fill.  

The coconut ranger and the oatmeal cookies when they're fresh out of the oven and still chewy/bendy.  Not nearly as good once they sit out for awhile and get crispy.

2 minutes ago, mdepsmom said:

The coconut ranger and the oatmeal cookies when they're fresh out of the oven and still chewy/bendy.  Not nearly as good once they sit out for awhile and get crispy.

Agreed. That's why it's essential to bring gallon size ziplocs to keep the ones you take back to your cabin chewy. 😁

1 hour ago, mrsdiznee said:

Yes I had it on all our cruises first day but our last cruise was in 2017.  Cancer and pandemic delayed our cruising for awhile. Sounds like honey stung chicken may not be my day 1 lunch in October when we are on the Allure. 

Let me know what you find.  Lots of options at the WJ cafe

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Some surf and turf, and seafood from the Windjammer on the Wonder. 
34D971BD-CA06-4853-A744-556CC1927549.thumb.jpeg.8a0a8a63540ee8a078c3280f306c6b97.jpeg6711FC8E-997F-4CAA-A96F-54DE9319A556.thumb.jpeg.9b7546896024f88e0d78dbda7357cd68.jpeg34F2EF36-EF60-4881-AC68-D5E33252A989.thumb.jpeg.db1f748dffbff1eec4aaa36c00775d2f.jpeg

But that was a special case.  They did that on very early cruises and Wonder’s inaugural. You won’t find that at WJ on any standard sailing.  

• Like 2

Pouched eggs with Holandise sauce (could be Eggs Benedict, but I am trying to avoid bread).

Lox and other breakfast fish

Avocado

Anything Seafood

Smoothies

Papadam when available

We actually got Beef Wellington on Oasis last time

Edited by Tatka

On 8/8/2022 at 3:42 PM, zebra said:

So what is your favorite dish, item etc on the Windjammer buffet.

I absolutely loved the breakfast offerings at the Windjammer, especially the fresh waffles and meat station. I always felt like lunch/dinner was hit or miss unless you could find an MDR item, but breakfast was always solid.

First day as others have said potato leek soup, yum . I've had it on every cruise for years except this past June on Ovation .  I'm  boarding Quantum on Monday hope its there waiting for me

Got some beef sliders on Navigator for lunch one day back in February  the best thing I  have ever eaten in the WJ.

Lastly any sugar free dessert  that's not a mousse.