Things are slowly getting better

antsp

10 hours ago, 1965 said:

I guess we're weird. We enjoy the bread & butter, & the variety of breads in the basket. It's our appetizer while waiting for our appetizers. 😁

Me too. I love them - fresh bread and butter, can't beat it. I also like trying the different varieties.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, 1965 said:

I guess we're weird. We enjoy the bread & butter, & the variety of breads in the basket. It's our appetizer while waiting for our appetizers. 😁

10 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Me too. I love them - fresh bread and butter, can't beat it. I also like trying the different varieties.

Most people don't go on a cruise to eat bread. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Most people don't go on a cruise to eat bread. 😁

I'm a simple man with simple tastes. I enjoy the lobster on formal nights as well. I try not to eat too much during the day so I can enjoy the pleasures of things like fresh bread rolls, before getting serious with the menu.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

I try not to eat much bread.  Our group is similar - we ask the waiters to bring just a few bread sticks each night and forget the buns.  The sticks used to be better about 5-6 yrs ago.  Anyway, food is always a personal preference and it's all good, right?  (Except for the escargot lovers if you don't get real snails .... what if they stop serving real steak in the Crown Grill???).

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I try not to eat much bread.  Our group is similar - we ask the waiters to bring just a few bread sticks each night and forget the buns.  The sticks used to be better about 5-6 yrs ago.  Anyway, food is always a personal preference and it's all good, right?  (Except for the escargot lovers if you don't get real snails .... what if they stop serving real steak in the Crown Grill???).

Breadsticks are my hubby's favorite, and they've been missing in action the last few cruises we've done. Hopefully, they'll be there on the Discovery next week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Breadsticks are my hubby's favorite, and they've been missing in action the last few cruises we've done. Hopefully, they'll be there on the Discovery next week.

Thanks for that.  It won't ruin my cruise, but could be one of the cutbacks.  Maybe I should bring a box from an Italian store after we arrive.  LOL.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks for that.  It won't ruin my cruise, but could be one of the cutbacks.  Maybe I should bring a box from an Italian store after we arrive.  LOL.

Ask for them; I think they'll appear 🙂

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 4:38 PM, 1965 said:

When they are rationing the butter or butter look alike, the Wife always make sure I get a pat of butter.

Then as soon as waiter is gone she grabs it.  Because I do not eat the bread with my meals.

Bob

On 8/14/2022 at 2:55 AM, antsp said:

It's always good to see things returning to a bit more normal after Covid 

Since our last Cruise in March, to now, things I've noticed that are better 

:Crew working outside no longer need to wear masks

: Passengers are now longer to  participate normally with cruise staff and entertainers on stage

:Evening cabin turndow is no longer by request

:Bread baskets is back on the tables in dining rooms 

Hopefully the next thing with time the crew can be mask free, 

Don't get your hope up too much yet, 200+ covid cases on the August 6 Northbound Alaska (Royal Princess) according to crew.

We are on the August 13 southbound and already deck 9 is filling up with new cases, we are 2 of them. Just beware and wear your mask EVERYWERE,

Theo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/16/2022 at 7:41 AM, Sea Hag said:

Sad to report.  No bread sticks on the Discovery in May, just rolls.   Your husband may luck out and they have returned when you go.

Bob

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Renmar said:

Don't get your hope up too much yet, 200+ covid cases on the August 6 Northbound Alaska (Royal Princess) according to crew.

We are on the August 13 southbound and already deck 9 is filling up with new cases, we are 2 of them. Just beware and wear your mask EVERYWERE,

Theo

Are they mostly those who did the land tour and then got on in Whittier ?  We are boarding on Saturday for 2 weeks. We do wear masks on board but take them off once seated at tables, bars or slot machines. So far that has done us well so far on board

7 hours ago, Renmar said:

Theo

I am sorry to hear that both of you are ill.  Get well soon.

33 minutes ago, memoak said:

Are they mostly those who did the land tour and then got on in Whittier ?  We are boarding on Saturday for 2 weeks. We do wear masks on board but take them off once seated at tables, bars or slot machines. So far that has done us well so far on board

My wife and I did the 14 day RT from Vancouver 05/28. We watched as the Covid floor filled up. We wore masks everywhere and only ate in the dining room a few times. Our room steward disappeared 3 days before we got back to Vancouver. We got home day after cruise, we decided to spend the testing money on a hotel, and wife tested positive. I spent everyday in hot tub and she mostly relaxed in our cabin. You just never know, I never did get it.

On 8/15/2022 at 7:38 PM, 1965 said:

I usually don't eat bread despite enjoying it so much, but when cruising I like a roll before dinner. Couldn't agree more, it's the pre appetizer nosh. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Renmar said:

Theo

No

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

My wife and I did the 14 day RT from Vancouver 05/28. We watched as the Covid floor filled up. We wore masks everywhere and only ate in the dining room a few times. Our room steward disappeared 3 days before we got back to Vancouver. We got home day after cruise, we decided to spend the testing money on a hotel, and wife tested positive. I spent everyday in hot tub and she mostly relaxed in our cabin. You just never know, I never did get it.

Obviously masks don't work

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2022 at 8:14 AM, CineGraphic said:

Ask/tell your servers not to bring the bread basket. Problem solved.

A couple of times on our Feb/22 Enchanted cruise, their breads and pastries were the best part of the meal.😏

3 hours ago, 4x4bob said:

Sad to report.  No bread sticks on the Discovery in May, just rolls.   Your husband may luck out and they have returned when you go.

Bob

Did you ask for them? 🙂

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

Did you ask for them? 🙂

No.  Due to some unfortunate events in my past I do not eat bread with the Dinner Meal.  And, the wife only likes rolls.  I just noticed that there were none in the basket. Same with other tables in the same area.

Bob