Clamshells Princess Caye distinguish your own

janroatan

12 minutes ago, janroatan said:

I guess i,m the only one that thinks each and every one looks the same, can you use your Medallion app to order drink to your location on the Cay?

🤦‍♀️

I don't think so as they didn't install sensors on the beach.

Many years ago, we had one.  The beach attendant took our excursion voucher and asked which clam shell we wanted.  We found it hot in it as the air is trapped in the clam shell, no breeze.  Put your items on the lounger, easy to find again.  If ordering a drink from wandering bar attendants, they seem to remember where you are.  Any time we went back to the island, we went early and found loungers in the shade.

Edited by phabric

1 hour ago, phabric said:

Many years ago, we had one.  The beach attendant took our excursion voucher and asked which clam shell we wanted.  We found it hot in it as the air is trapped in the clam shell, no breeze.  Put your items on the lounger, easy to find again.  If ordering a drink from wandering bar attendants, they seem to remember where you are.  Any time we went back to the island, we went early and found loungers in the shade.

Oh yes!  Those clam shells are miserably hot.  I would never rent one out ever again!  

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

Oh yes!  Those clam shells are miserably hot.  I would never rent one out ever again!  

At first it does sound like a good idea but I guess you can fool anyone at least one time. 😄

13 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

At first it does sound like a good idea but I guess you can fool anyone at least one time. 😄

It's like you are in the shade so you think, oh good.  Then, you realize that it's just like an oven with no breeze.  We did find a spot under a cabana that was just perfect ... and free of charge, too.  There was plenty of shade plus a nice breeze .. very close to the band and the bar.  Much better choice!  

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

It's like you are in the shade so you think, oh good.  Then, you realize that it's just like an oven with no breeze.  We did find a spot under a cabana that was just perfect ... and free of charge, too.  There was plenty of shade plus a nice breeze .. very close to the band and the bar.  Much better choice!  

There use to be much more shade about 4 or 5 years ago until they removed lots of the natural shade. Maybe to was done on purpose trying to increase sales of the clamshells??

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MissP22 said:

There use to be much more shade about 4 or 5 years ago until they removed lots of the natural shade. Maybe to was done on purpose trying to increase sales of the clamshells??

The fire.  Also storm or hurricane damage.

Not everything that we might not like is a plot to take more of our money.  We were able to find loungers under shade palm tress last time we were there.  We had a very nice day!

I am wanting to rend a Bungalow if we get back there.  Not just to be inside the bungalow, but to have that space to ourselves, the beach umbrella, a dining table for lunch, that kind of thing!

I have always heard about the clamshells being hot.  I am thinking that that material must not really have a strong sun blocking factor.  Now, that could create heat.

48 minutes ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

The fire.  Also storm or hurricane damage.

Not everything that we might not like is a plot to take more of our money.  We were able to find loungers under shade palm tress last time we were there.  We had a very nice day!

I am wanting to rend a Bungalow if we get back there.  Not just to be inside the bungalow, but to have that space to ourselves, the beach umbrella, a dining table for lunch, that kind of thing!

I have always heard about the clamshells being hot.  I am thinking that that material must not really have a strong sun blocking factor.  Now, that could create heat.

I seriously doubt is there are to many fires on the beach and any hurricane damage to the palm trees & bushes could be cleaned up in a few hours. 

It all boils down to trimming as much natural shade as feasible so they can sell those unbearably hot clamshell lounges for $40. That's why we always arrive as early as possible for a shady spot under a tree.