Leftover FCC to be reissued as OBC

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just announced today on the coffee talk that for those FCC's redeemed going forward if there is a leftover amount it will be issued as an OBC on the sailing that the FCC was redeemed on as opposed to another FCC.

Refundable?

Wasn't there an announcement at one point that you could trade FCC's to another household member? We have "grandpa" who got FCC from a Feb 2020 cruise because it was shortened due to Covid scare. He will never ever cruise again but I'd love to get the FCC transferred. Don't know where to even start with that. If this is a thing though, It might be worthwhile for me to call in

2 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Wasn't there an announcement at one point that you could trade FCC's to another household member? We have "grandpa" who got FCC from a Feb 2020 cruise because it was shortened due to Covid scare. He will never ever cruise again but I'd love to get the FCC transferred. Don't know where to even start with that. If this is a thing though, It might be worthwhile for me to call in

Yes, Royal started allowing this a few months back

1 minute ago, robmtx said:

Can they help at C&A number or do I need to call general CS?

I'd try C&A first.  You may actually need to call post cruise guest relations.  It will need to be the grandfather that calls

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'd try C&A first.  You may actually need to call post cruise guest relations.

Thanks, last question before I call in. I don't know the FCC number to check that amount. Is that something I can find online before I call? Only form I found is to check balance, but you have to know the FCC number. I'm logged into grandpa's account and don't see anything there.

2 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Thanks, last question before I call in. I don't know the FCC number to check that amount. Is that something I can find online before I call? Only form I found is to check balance, but you have to know the FCC number. I'm logged into grandpa's account and don't see anything there.

You just need the reservation that it was issued from and they can find the FCC.  No way to find it online unless you booked through a TA then they can look it up.

• Thanks 1

Our last certificate had leftover and we carried it over to another booking. The phone rep was really good but it seemed like it was a real hassle for her to get it done. We were on hold several times.

56 minutes ago, robmtx said:

I handled my situation via my TA, who requested a letter signed by the holder(s) and indicate who the FCCs to be transferred. 

The other option that I was successful, was having my son on the phone with me when I called C&A Desk and was able to transfer the FCC to my name over the phone. 

Must have an open booking for the transfer to occur.