What would you do?

alsa

Currently sat around the pool on Reflection.  We got here at 8am as decided not to go ashore and have a quiet day by pool.  Next to us is SIX sun beds with towels and pegs and one bag.  Still unoccupied 6 hours later - a group of women have ‘reserved ‘ whilst ashore!!!!! The pool area is starting to fill up - What would you do?? 

If I wanted one of the sunbeds I would definitely report to the pool attendant.  If instead I was not wanting or needing one of the chairs I would not go out of my way to report (I would mention if a pool attendant walked by) ... HOWEVER ... if I seen other passengers passing by looking for chairs and seeming to be looking at these sitting there I would definitely be telling them what I've observed and let them go to the pool attendant if they wish.

Gotta love entitled people.  I wish the chairs had a sensor that if you didn't sit in it for so long it would do an auto tip and items would fall to the deck.  The pool attendant could then collect stuff on the floor at determined amount of time throughout the day (hourly?) 🙂  A malfunctioned chair could be a problem LOL

Edited by poffles
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

You would think the pool attendant would notice that the sun bed went unused all day!  

Saving chairs at the pool is my biggest pet peeve.   I once removed stuff (a towel and a hat tied to the chair) from a couple of chairs and put them on the ground.   TWO HOURS later a woman started yelling at me that they were her chairs.  I calmly told her to take it up with the pool attendant.  She was irate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, poffles said:

HOWEVER ... if I seen other passengers passing by looking for chairs and seeming to be looking at these sitting there I would definitely be telling them what I've observed and let them go to the pool attendant if they wish.

^^^this

I've done this several times.  😈

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alsa said:

Currently sat around the pool on Reflection.  We got here at 8am as decided not to go ashore and have a quiet day by pool.  Next to us is SIX sun beds with towels and pegs and one bag.  Still unoccupied 6 hours later - a group of women have ‘reserved ‘ whilst ashore!!!!! The pool area is starting to fill up - What would you do?? 

Since you already have your loungers have a drink, enjoy the fun in the sun and not worry about them. :classic_rolleyes:🍹

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Since you already have your loungers have a drink, enjoy the fun in the sun and not worry about them. :classic_rolleyes:🍹

Sorry but I have to respectfully disagree.  The SIX people who pegged their towels and left one bag for SIX hours obviously have a sense of entitlement that is encouraged when they can are allowed to get a pass with their thoughtless selfish behavior.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Sorry but I have to respectfully disagree.  The SIX people who pegged their towels and left one bag for SIX hours obviously have a sense of entitlement that is encouraged when they can are allowed to get a pass with their thoughtless selfish behavior.

While I agree it is absolutely thoughtless and selfish, we on CC don't work for the cruise line (with a few exceptions of course).  That being said, if I see people looking around for a sunbed in an otherwise crowded and filled up pool deck, I would definitely suggest that the sunbed seekers let an attendant know that those without bodies in them have been vacant for X hours.

3 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

Then report it and move on. :classic_rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, Dancing Shoes said:

I would let the pool attendant know.  Why don't the attendants do this?  Leave a plate unattended in the buffet and it will be gone in a New York minute.  

WAG, maybe they don't want to deal with an unreasonable passenger(s).