Price of soda and water

zodiac1

I haven’t been cruising since pre-Covid. But, when I was researching the prices for my upcoming trip,  I saw $2.50 for sodas and club sodas. $5 for most latte type coffees. I don’t recall seeing water prices during my search. Best wishes! Have a great trip!

9 hours ago, zodiac1 said:

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the drink package.  I just completed a 2 week cruise and had the classic package.  Does anyone know the price for a can of soda and a can of water?  Thanks for your help.

Standard or premium water?  Still or sparkling?  Which do you prefer?

Edited by WestLakeGirl

3 hours ago, Tmc1512 said:

I haven’t been cruising since pre-Covid. But, when I was researching the prices for my upcoming trip,  I saw $2.50 for sodas and club sodas. $5 for most latte type coffees. I don’t recall seeing water prices during my search. Best wishes! Have a great trip!

A bottle of perrier is $3.50 for small and 5.50 for large.  Plus 20 percent gratuities not worth it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Found some prices on the app

Soda $3

Evian - small $3.50 large $5.50

San Pellegrino small $ 3.50 large $5

Premium orange or grapefruit juice $4

Crazy expensive. I took the cruise only rate with a single supplement. Not spending almost $800 for drink package for 10 night cruise. 

We are also having this discussion. The premium drinks package (which we always have because I like to drink craft beer and Mrs Definitas likes bubbles and the odd martini) costs approximately $170 per day per couple. As Elite Plus we would get free teas and coffees (but we are happy with the Tetley in the eateries) and potentially some happy hour drinks so I am wondering how close we would get to a $1200 bar bill over a 7 day cruise. We like having the option o drink what we want when we want but part of the issue is that there were shortages of lots of our favourites on our last 3 cruises, particularly craft beer and premium sparkling wines, as well as premium wines in the MDR. We are on a 14 night B2B in January and I'm tempted to try the cruise only fare for the first week to compare (and maybe be shocked that we do indeed drink 1200 dollars worth of booze in a week!)

If you still have your statement from the last cruise, it should have captured all of the beverages you consumed on your drink package, no? After our last cruise I added up all the coffees and sodas I had consumed and determined I was just slightly better off with the package. But of course the peace of mind is good, too. I plan to always get the coffee and soda package if I don't have anything included.

3 minutes ago, Definitas said:

We are also having this discussion. The premium drinks package (which we always have because I like to drink craft beer and Mrs Definitas likes bubbles and the odd martini) costs approximately $170 per day per couple. As Elite Plus we would get free teas and coffees (but we are happy with the Tetley in the eateries) and potentially some happy hour drinks so I am wondering how close we would get to a $1200 bar bill over a 7 day cruise. We like having the option o drink what we want when we want but part of the issue is that there were shortages of lots of our favourites on our last 3 cruises, particularly craft beer and premium sparkling wines, as well as premium wines in the MDR. We are on a 14 night B2B in January and I'm tempted to try the cruise only fare for the first week to compare (and maybe be shocked that we do indeed drink 1200 dollars worth of booze in a week!)

@DefinitasI'm on a 10 night cruise in a couple weeks and opted out of drinks packages as found on last 3 cruises they did not stock or ran out of decent premium wines. Im also Elite so have advantage of HH drinks if I want something outside those hours I can just buy it. I'm also bringing 2 pricey bottles of cabernet with me for sure the ship will not have them. So to sum up its not worth adding a premium package to my booking..

Keep in mind that the Water included in the basic package is in the grey plastic btls.  It is not Spring water and many find it awful tasting,  others do not mind. We find it ugh!

We have a package but will bring on some spring water and buy whatever we can on board..

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Keep in mind that the Water included in the basic package is in the grey plastic btls.  It is not Spring water and many find it awful tasting,  others do not mind. We find it ugh!

We have a package but will bring on some spring water and buy whatever we can on board..

@hcatwhere do you buy your spring water? I want to bring a case of sparkling water do you know if Publix sells it? My flight arrives really early day before cruise so I have plenty of time to buy some water. 

The sodas are $3, so I see $8/day for a package, or $15 to include espresso drinks. You also have to include the annoyance/hassle factor of not having a package--I was pestered by everyone to get a package whenever I bought a drink the first two days on Solstice last month, including in the coffee shop and even the MDR, which made me feel uncomfortable. I also felt uncomfortable and annoyed having to sign a slip every time I bought a soda, with the space for an extra tip. I got lucky in the MDR, though, when I found a table with a nice drinks server who never charged me for a nightly sprite zero at dinner, but then I used Indonesian phrases with her. At the same time, the buffet drinks station has fruit punch and a guava mix, and I make my Arnold Palmers with lemonade and iced tea, and I usually bring a little canister of flavor enhancer to add to water. Celebrity is also the most liberal line about bringing soda on board, and on Alaska and Mexico cruises I simply wait until the first port and bring back a 2L bottle of Coke Zero, which lasts me the entire cruise, for $2 instead of $80 or so for the soda package, or $130 to add coffee. I find it more pleasurable to stop at coffee shops in ports, also, to see locals, try local coffees, and use their wifi and restrooms. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rj59 said:

The sodas are $3, so I see $8/day for a package, or $15 to include espresso drinks. You also have to include the annoyance/hassle factor of not having a package--I was pestered by everyone to get a package whenever I bought a drink the first two days on Solstice last month, including in the coffee shop and even the MDR, which made me feel uncomfortable. I also felt uncomfortable and annoyed having to sign a slip every time I bought a soda, with the space for an extra tip. I got lucky in the MDR, though, when I found a table with a nice drinks server who never charged me for a nightly sprite zero at dinner, but then I used Indonesian phrases with her. At the same time, the buffet drinks station has fruit punch and a guava mix, and I make my Arnold Palmers with lemonade and iced tea, and I usually bring a little canister of flavor enhancer to add to water. Celebrity is also the most liberal line about bringing soda on board, and on Alaska and Mexico cruises I simply wait until the first port and bring back a 2L bottle of Coke Zero, which lasts me the entire cruise, for $2 instead of $80 or so for the soda package, or $130 to add coffee. I find it more pleasurable to stop at coffee shops in ports, also, to see locals, try local coffees, and use their wifi and restrooms. 

They can pester me all they want I don't really care not buying an expensive drinks package onboard when they don't even carry decent selections of wine.  Signing a slip for a drink takes a second and no big deal. I much prefer to bring what I enjoy and drink at home onboard with me.  Done it many times and never missed the drinks package. 

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

@hcatwhere do you buy your spring water? I want to bring a case of sparkling water do you know if Publix sells it? My flight arrives really early day before cruise so I have plenty of time to buy some water. 

The water is in aluminium bottles. Two types, one is "normal" and the other is ph 8. Both I find are completely tasteless and perfect water while the other Evian or should I say Naive is expensive and tastes the same.

5 minutes ago, darren42 said:

The water is in aluminium bottles. Two types, one is "normal" and the other is ph 8. Both I find are completely tasteless and perfect water while the other Evian or should I say Naive is expensive and tastes the same.

You're probably right I may just get a case of perrier or san pellegrino two if I can manage it.

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If I had to carry a case of water during embarkation, it would take me a week or more to recover from the muscle strain.   Would rather spend the extra $ than suffer pain while on vacation.   Guess you are expecting Celebrity to carry your case of water to your cabin.

Nope I can do it on my own just fine.  I buy the San Pellegrino in cans.