Onboard shops free jewelry charms?

3 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

I was on Celebrity (first time with them) in June and the shops were offering free pendants and charms as a promo. I've been on dozens of Royal cruises, but never paid much attention to the onboard shops. Does Royal do this also?

Usually you have to sit through one of the sales seminars to get the free charm

• Like 1

Seems like the shopping presentations onboard give people some kind of coupons for discounts and free stuff from the "approved" shopping venues in various ports.  I think there is a port jewelry venue that offers a free charm.  (My info may be OLD as it's been years since I've attended one of those shopping seminars onboard.)

Recently  Royal was offering a sting bracelet with a charm, every night.  The color/charm was different each day.  If I recall, you had to stop in the jewelry store at a specific time   No sales lecture.  The bracelet is cute for young girls. 

537A86F5-C0B5-4A56-A266-3DA1C525CD1E.jpeg

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

Royal gives out a shopping guide when in port which indicates the names and locations of the jewelry stores that give out free charms.  You might have to listen to a sales pitch though 😖

Nope - generally not  - walk into the store with the shopping paper and they will give you the charms.  Often, they have you wait a few minutes and tell you to "look around" while they get the charm. 

M

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Nope - generally not  - walk into the store with the shopping paper and they will give you the charms.  Often, they have you wait a few minutes and tell you to "look around" while they get the charm. 

M

You’ve been lucky then. The only times I’ve been asked to walk around have turned into lengthy “walk abouts” not worth it IMHO. 

17 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Recently  Royal was offering a sting bracelet with a charm, every night.  The color/charm was different each day.  If I recall, you had to stop in the jewelry store at a specific time   No sales lecture.  The bracelet is cute for young girls. 

Were these given at the Port Merchants store or at a specific jewelry store?  Those would be perfect for to bring home for my stepdaughter when DW and I cruise in October.

33 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

This is very similar to my experience on Celebrity. No sales pitch, just show up at a certain time and collect the free item. Thanks

So on brilliance in aug (Europe) you got a free bracelet if you brought a pack of 5 charms for 10usd. Each day a new charm but had to pay for it. But very cheap metal charms.

Last year on anthem (UK cruise) they were giving out free string and metal necklaces. So things have changed there as well. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Everything is plastic including the charm. Not worth the effort in my opinion but my wife thinks otherwise. Guess who has to wait on line for them?

• Haha 3

On 9/3/2022 at 9:53 AM, superduper123 said:

I was on Celebrity (first time with them) in June and the shops were offering free pendants and charms as a promo. I've been on dozens of Royal cruises, but never paid much attention to the onboard shops. Does Royal do this also?

Enchantment was giving away a free charms bracelet if you turned up at a certain time. Charms were extra, so basically it was a way to try to get you to buy charms.

I remember on my first cruise they did giveaways on the first day.  I won a free jewelry by the inch bracelet.  On another cruise I won a refund on a shore excursion for answering a question posed during the daily cruise director video.  None of that this time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

This is nice.

• 1 year later...

I have collected the Diamond International charms. Now Effy is on board the ships. I cruised on Celebrity and got the Effy pendant and the tiny little cruise items that go inside; now Effy has the barrel necklace and the barrels that go on it. Everyday you get a different color barrel. It's really cute travel jewelry.