Famous celebrities you have met on cruises?

George C

6 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

We were on the same cruise as Buzz Aldrin many years ago. We saw him but didn't meet him.

57 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That's hardly meeting someone !

I saw the late Queen Elizabeth lI across the road in 1977. I hardly think that is worth a mention.

I actually met Buzz Aldrin's emotional support animal on a cruise once. Nice dog but way too yappy for me. 🐕

Does that count?

Lizzy's two pups were much more reserved. 😁

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DirtyDawg said:

I actually met Buzz Aldrin's emotional support animal on a cruise once. Nice dog but way too yappy for me. 🐕

Does that count?

Yes! That definitely counts. An animal belonging to a celebrity must be a celebrity animal, musn't it?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Yes! That definitely counts. An animal belonging to a celebrity must be a celebrity animal, musn't it?

"REAL" service dogs of any type are not yappy.  The animal's behaviour is an easy indiication of whether it's a pet or a service dog.

16 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

"REAL" service dogs of any type are not yappy.  The animal's behaviour is an easy indiication of whether it's a pet or a service dog.

I agree, but why tell me? I didn't see the yappy dog. 😂

Mike Holmes ("Holmes on Holmes") was cruising with his wife around 2018 on our ship. We didn't talk to him, but kept running into him. I think he spent a fair amount of time waiting for his wife. 🙂 His tattoos made him unmistakable. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jsn55 said:

4 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I agree, but why tell me? I didn't see the yappy dog. 😂

And ,of course, we all know that famous first baseman was not really named "Who". Don't we? 🙂

image.jpeg.5c2814e8d9ae86a5e2db82eacafa0c00.jpeg

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2022 at 6:43 PM, jsn55 said:

Speaking of Paul Newman, a friend was celebrating her 25th wedding anniversary at a big-deal restaurant up in Napa.  After they were seated, she looked over at her husband, opened her mouth to say something sweet, but  no words came out and her mouth remained open.  Larry thought she was having a seizure.  Right over Larry's shoulder was Robert Redford, directly in her sightline.  Poor husband, there was very little intelligent conversation that evening. 

I guess there really is a such a thing as starstruck.  I honestly don't understand why seeing someone who makes movies would strike someone speechless.  Probably explains why I don't have autographs.  

On 9/11/2022 at 3:29 PM, Sea Hag said:

Well, I did say that I didn't meet him. If it's not worth a mention, why is worth you commenting?

Sheesh, I guess your comment was deemed unworthy.  Don't really understand the need to criticize your posts.  Particularly since their posts are not on target either.   I'm glad they didn't read my posts.   

Edited by ldubs
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Some people have emotional service animals that are not real.

Can real emotional service animals cope with unreal emotions?  If someone fakes an emotional problem to justify bringing his pet whatever along, what qualifications will said pet need?  Wouldn't a stuffed teddy bear be able to handle things?

George Takei was on a QM2 Christmas itinerary, speaking and promoting his projects.
Roger McGuinn (frontman for the 60s band the Byrds) was on a different cruise; his wife was active in the Cruise Critic role call and attended the mixer.

Garrison Keillor was on a QM2 westbound transatlantic. I said good morning to him near the Grand Lobby and he characteristically ignored it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am saying that people with anxiety issues have been known to have stuffed animals such as a Snoopy.

Would that be the equivalent of my DW wears an angel pin? Once we were on a flight and she realized she had forgot to put it on; she was a nervous wreck that flight.

37 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

George Takei was on a QM2 Christmas itinerary, speaking and promoting his projects.
Roger McGuinn (frontman for the 60s band the Byrds) was on a different cruise; his wife was active in the Cruise Critic role call and attended the mixer.

Garrison Keillor was on a QM2 westbound transatlantic. I said good morning to him near the Grand Lobby and he characteristically ignored it.

Mamas and Papas had a hit song that included lyrics “McGuinn and McGuire couldn’t get much higher” I was a huge fan saw Byrds in the 1960’s and him as a solo in 80’s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Would that be the equivalent of my DW wears an angel pin? Once we were on a flight and she realized she had forgot to put it on; she was a nervous wreck that flight.

I will offer you two options as a reply:

Option one is for you to Google Are Stuffed Emotional Animals Helpful ?

Option two is for me to tell you that my college degree and post degrees are in Psychology and over the past 50 plus years I have met many people who have stuffed animals that they believe have helped them with Anxiety and other emotional issues.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 2:31 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I will offer you two options as a reply:

Option one is for you to Google Are Stuffed Emotional Animals Helpful ?

Option two is for me to tell you that my college degree and post degrees are in Psychology and over the past 50 plus years I have met many people who have stuffed animals that they believe have helped them with Anxiety and other emotional issues.

I do not believe that a passenger would have to register a stuffed animal as a service animal no matter how much emotional support it provides!

• Haha 1