The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 6th, 2022

richwmn

57 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I thought it ironic what our temperature and humidity were because those numbers represent my wedding date 9/6/69.  Today is our 53rd anniversary.

Happy Anniversary!

Roy

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  This morning at 7 when I checked our weather it was 69F and 96% humidity.  We had a lot of rain last night.  Supposed to be a mix of sun and clouds today and hopefully no rain.  I thought it ironic what our temperature and humidity were because those numbers represent my wedding date 9/6/69.  Today is our 53rd anniversary.  Not sure which meal we will eat out today, lunch or dinner.  We will go with the flow.

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor today's Daily and Fleet Report.  There's a whole passel of ships in Alaska if you take a look at your map.  Interesting days on the list.  I try to fight procrastination but it seems like it's a losing battle for me.  I am just beginning a new book on my Kindle.  There are so many books loaded on there I will never read them all!  Don't think I want to toss any eggs today.  The pork tacos look delicious!  Thanks Tina @0106for taking over the food department for Debbie @dfish.  True quote!  And I love that we have a new port today, Portree on the Isle of Skye in Scotland.  We went there on a beautiful day weatherwise, May 12, 2019.  It was our last Prinsendam cruise.😭  I will come back in a bit with some photos.

Roy @rafinmdthank you for the lists today.  I've prayed for everyone, plus Linda and the Ukrainian people.  What a mess there!  Cheers to all on the wonderful Celebration list.  I'm happy for you all! Special thoughts for Joy @Seasick Sailorand Allen.  Good luck at the testing today.  Also for Terri @Cruzin Terriand her DH as they cope with their flood and the aftermath.  Don't want to forget Tana and Jesse!  

Have a nice day everyone!

Congrats on your 53rd wedding anniversary, you beat us by about a month as we tied the knot on 10-5-69.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Tuesday report, Rich.  I think I'm losing the fight against procrastination, enjoy books, but would not dare try to toss an egg.  I see a lot of truth in Roosevelt's quote.  I don't think I've been to Isle of Skye.  I'll pass on the meal.

Today’s care list:

RIP Baltimore Fire Captain Anthony Workman 9/2/22
RIP luvteaching’s friend Waybe 9/3/22 and strength for Karen
Marshhawk’s friend Jessee with throat cancer
Allen with TIA
Horizon Chaser 1957 needing new treaatment for arthritis
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 9/18)
Cruisin Terri leak situation
From the rotation:
Heartgrove’s Sam severely declining
Strength and healing (physical and emotional) for Kazu
Tana with persistent problems although somewhat better
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Rowsby in Hawaii until 9/28
Tiogacruiser stepping up to cover wines  for cat shepard
6 days for Marshhawk (Ecstasy 9/12 to 9/22)
5 days for Vict0riann (Nieuw Amsterdam 9/11 to 9/25)
0106 covering menus while Dfish hunts for forever home
Jessee back home
luvteaching (Eurodam to 9/10). cat shepard (Nieuw Amsterdam  to 9/11), Vax1700 (Rotterdam  to 9/11), and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's collection of lists Roy.

Graham.

• Like 11

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  Another hot and humid day in Stone Mountain.

I'm confused, am I supposed to Procrastinate Fighting, or fight my procrastination?

I love to read, or I should say I used to, I have not been very diligent about reading these days, but I have set aside two Randy Wayne White books to read during the cruise.

My friend Margot sent me a very short note regarding their Alaskan cruise .  Five out of 10 in their group have all tested positive for Covid since they got home.  Wear your mask when you are inside the ship, she tells me.....Duh.

I have been procrastinating doing a lot of things,  I want a mask with some bling for evening wear on the ship, gotta go buy one, I need to call the vets and make sure they will see our furbabies in the event of an emergency while we are gone.

Oh, and the neighbor (mom of dog) has not found anyone to help her with her dog, and wont I please keep helping her.  (could she remember to pay me?) I told her I would work this week, but when I get back I wont.  I know I sound like a mean person not wanting to help a neighbor out, but she could work from home.  She just hates being home.  It takes time away from my job, which does pay, and pays better, and it keeps me from stressing out when I have things to do, like doctors appointments, and Chuck's appointments, and having to be somewhere at a certain time.  Every day of the week.  For more than a year.  It's not my dog!

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning from a warm but cloudy day at the beach

I dont like September in Florida. It is very humid, hot and stormy. I always tell my relatives not to come in September or January.  Rest of the year is great.

@StLouisCruisers A very Happy Anniversary to you. May you have many many more.

Been very busy with our preparations for our trip. I have never been away this long ( 87 days) and it is a little overwhelming.  Laying out the clothes etc. Dont want to take too much and yet want to have what we need.  I did book Luggage Forward , thanks to all for the advice.   I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, yet the testing requirement has me crazy. I am just going to wait and hopefully it will become clearer. We are hoping to get the new booster within the next week. 

Playing golf this afternoon. Probably not the best idea I ever had but it will be fun. Hopefully there will be a breeze off the river. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  The fight against procrastination is a hard one, especially when you're retired.  I enjoy reading books and have a bajillion loaded onto my iPad; I'm pretty sure I'll never get through all of them.  I once participated in an egg toss . . . it was fun, especially since I won.

In case anyone is interested, our province's tragedy also now includes one of the suspects.  It hasn't been made public as to how his life ended, whether by the other suspect (who is his brother), or by someone else.  All we know is he didn't take his own life.  Yesterday was rocked with numerous telephone/radio/television alerts by RCMP as they tried to keep the public up to date on what was happening.  Every time the bone jarring alarms went off, people just froze in place.  One of the suspects is still at large, so everyone is remaining vigilant.

It's a beautiful sunny morning with clear blue skies again today - but it's starting to look like fall with the ash trees beginning to turn.  They're the first to get their leaves in spring and first to shed in the fall.  This morning I'm heading out for breakfast with a number of retired colleagues; it's always nice to see who shows up and catch up on each other's lives.

@StLouisCruisersHappy Anniversary to you; let the love and laughter continue!

@kazuyou're a busy lady; definitely a one person dynamo!!!  

I love mango salsa, but haven't made any for a while; I'm going to have to get a mango on our next grocery run.  The other night when I made chicken fingers in the air fryer, I also cooked a full chicken breast, so that's going to be turned into chicken Caesar salad for us on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is hurting, especially the people of Ukraine.  Cheers to the celebrations taking place today.  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

Good morning from a very rainy NY. Flash flooding is possible today and DD and DSIL are very happy  to have a newly installed  pump  in the basement. Last year rain like this completely flooded the basement and required new floors,  Sheetrock etc to make the apartment below us habitable again.

The port today looks like a great place to visit, thanks to @StLouisCruisers for the pictures. Thanks for the recipes, Tina @0106. I will follow your example and make peach salsa to go with the crockpot recipe for a pork tenderloin. The executive chef is presently busy with the peaches and I will get the tenderloin going soon.

I am always reading and will often be found stirring a pot on the stove with one hand and holding the kindle with the other. There are many nights when I can’t put the book/kindle down and just stay up reading.I figure there are worse obsessions.

Procrastination for me relates mostly to putting off cleaning around here but I will eventually get it done when I look in horror at the kitchen floor especially.Two dogs and six people for dinner every night keeps the “swiffer “ company in business.

I watched the school busses pick up kids this morning and everyone  looked so excited,even in the pouring rain. It is the first day of school here.

Edited by smitty34877
Misspelled word
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  This morning at 7 when I checked our weather it was 69F and 96% humidity.  We had a lot of rain last night.  Supposed to be a mix of sun and clouds today and hopefully no rain.  I thought it ironic what our temperature and humidity were because those numbers represent my wedding date 9/6/69.  Today is our 53rd anniversary.  Not sure which meal we will eat out today, lunch or dinner.  We will go with the flow.

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor today's Daily and Fleet Report.  There's a whole passel of ships in Alaska if you take a look at your map.  Interesting days on the list.  I try to fight procrastination but it seems like it's a losing battle for me.  I am just beginning a new book on my Kindle.  There are so many books loaded on there I will never read them all!  Don't think I want to toss any eggs today.  The pork tacos look delicious!  Thanks Tina @0106for taking over the food department for Debbie @dfish.  True quote!  And I love that we have a new port today, Portree on the Isle of Skye in Scotland.  We went there on a beautiful day weatherwise, May 12, 2019.  It was our last Prinsendam cruise.😭  I will come back in a bit with some photos.

Roy @rafinmdthank you for the lists today.  I've prayed for everyone, plus Linda and the Ukrainian people.  What a mess there!  Cheers to all on the wonderful Celebration list.  I'm happy for you all! Special thoughts for Joy @Seasick Sailorand Allen.  Good luck at the testing today.  Also for Terri @Cruzin Terriand her DH as they cope with their flood and the aftermath.  Don't want to forget Tana and Jesse!  

Have a nice day everyone!

Happy 53rd wedding anniversary to Sandi and Dennis.

Screenshot_20210822_162032.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

What a wonderful last cruise that was on the Prinsendam in 2019!  We saw many smaller towns as is usual with a small ship.  The weather was outstanding!  Here's a photo of a tender boat heading into shore.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLQWzq5Ii6hgrN6Aame5TfR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558789926

I liked the colorful houses lined up along the slopes of the village.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVInTx-1ZLij0xgSdHl4UuJk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794583

We enjoyed our stroll along the winding streets.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnMj_l1la5AN8rT9ZSox21?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790015

The Visitor Center00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIf6l2x3sV8J5FpMVz6pZAw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790031

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJzb33skE-apfFoNLtt7qIY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794588

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIuf4Pc_NNTEzJ3md1EdTMj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790059

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ3gZQg_DYkAPa0ZJkS3Vji?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790069

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJG3iQThtAg5KVDeUhil2Xl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790067

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJDgr1_9qTfn0ash5kv8L1R?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790085

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKA7kVUEQ-bO-D4HISzVrVR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790130

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdFxrLtd1CC2qtaKKyrCvb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790040

Check out that bench00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLPHIorm6ZLiIuf16Pd_wFU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794607

Your typical castle turret hidden up the hill.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJz4D3p_ZmfGH2Op7Y6VDg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790158

Loved this view of the Prinsendam outside the harbor.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJGyNiy42v9hIulFFiKDGR_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790121

Heading back to the tender dock we spotted these men sorting fresh caught crab.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZubVuIzRKsbS7y8PRhHQ2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790151

some photos from the tender ride back00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIrkjU7jbc-s5bv8vdeWJ3t?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790480

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL1gHrU3nAOxuDKFeIYNOhJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558790472

Loved our time spent in Portree!

Nice photos Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

It hasn't been made public as to how his life ended, whether by the other suspect (who is his brother), or by someone else.  All we know is he didn't take his own life. 

Do you know if the two brothers are related to Chief Calvin Sanderson of the Chakastaypasin Band of the James Smith Cree Nation? Or is it just a coincidence they have the same last name?

Pleased to hear you are safe and doing well. Hopefully the missing brother will be found soon.

• Like 13

Good Morning All,

Where did all the days go? We’re well into September now.

Today’s Wine:

Waterbrook 2019 Malbec (Columbia Valley (WA)) Columbia Valley, Washington

This Malbec rated a total of 90 points for Wine Enthusiast and is showing up at a very affordable $15, or directly from the vineyard for $11.25. It’s one I will definitely put on my list to try.

This wine announces itself as Malbec. Aromas of whole orange, plum and spice are followed by plush, elegant purple fruit flavors that show pleasing balance and finish well. It's a textbook example of the variety at a great price. SEAN P. SULLIVAN

Aromatics of blackberry cobbler and graphite, which jump out of the glass. The silky-smooth tannins lift additional fruity notes of ripe boysenberry and toasty mixed nuts.

90 points & BEST BUY by Wine Enthusiast

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all. Sunny here this morning after a surprise rain last night. We certainly need it. However just now I am much more concerned about the fires in Hemet. The woman that I used to cruise with, her daughter and her family all live there. I am waiting to hear something from Margaret (daughter) today although I know they are all stressed and very busy which is why I am not trying to contact them just yet. The fire is fairly close to Margaret's workplace at the Western Center. So in addition to the prayers and heartfelt best wishes for those on the list here.... I add Hemet and actually all those in a fire's path... terribly scary.

I love tacos. I usually do peach salsa, but have tried and like mango. And I have been to Skye just not on a cruise. It has been a few years now. When I first used to go, the only way to the island was on a rather rickety ferry. My students used to love it when we stopped there. The hotel was rather isolated and no TV!!!! They would spend the evenings playing "sticks" with the border collie. Bathrooms at the hotel were down the hall and around the corner. Peaceful, quiet and the teenagers loved it. I hated the midges who loved me.

Take care all. Procrastination can be a good thing or so I keep telling myself.

Susan

• Like 26

Good morning all!

Another beautiful day.  I'm enjoying the lower temperatures and sunny days -- Saturday and Sunday show 85F degrees -- what's up with that?  I guess one last blast of summer.

I think I'll celebrate Fight Procrastination today by doing something I've been putting off for a few months.  I still haven't framed my large counted cross-stitch of the European bistro scene.  I have everything laid out to do it, but have really been procrastinating.  I think it's because once it's done it can't be changed.  I need to remind myself that then I can hang it up!

I don't read as much as I did in the past, and I realized it's because my favorite authors have died 😞  I need to find new favorite authors.  Have no idea what an egg toss would be like, it sounds horribly messy.

Good quote, and the meal sounds great.  I love mango salsa and always look for it on cruises.  I know they had it at the taco bar in the past, but not sure if they still do.  Will pass on the drink and wine.

We visited Portree on the VOV in 2018.  We took a tour to the 13th century Eilean Donan Castle. We weren't allowed to take photos inside, but really the exterior was much more interesting anyway.

Yikes @RedneckBobabout lightening striking twice!!  I think I would move!

Sandi @StLouisCruisersHappy Anniversary!!!

Graham @grapau27thank you for the clip of the Beatles tribute show.  I don't usually care for tribute bands of bands and singers I have seen in person, but this was good.  I saw the Beatles in California when I was 14.

One of our tenders going into Portree

770974435_Portreetender.jpg.47c4cf4f243fa224947953c43549a96b.jpg

On our way to the Eilean Donan Castle we see our ship anchored out.

70451092_shipanchored.jpg.916308acd9901dee65517a3d2bffef31.jpg

Sheep in the beautiful highlands

424890229_sheepinthehighlands.jpg.9e3d85953aba894181a5d356402e1426.jpg

And a cottage in the highlands

1845707345_cottageinthehighlands.jpg.73a2cd3278d6943b6d910554eff1b486.jpg

Our first view of the Eilean Donan Castle

1991602660_EileanDonancastle.thumb.jpg.2d7fc73dad1d2f61670abe5e60a55830.jpg

We walked a little ways to get to the castle.

1784961083_walkingtothecastle.thumb.jpg.879ef40275ec378aea81acc131b62bc5.jpg

886569952_viewlookingupatcastle.thumb.jpg.707db0a4ecc926f2afcbfd3a5c8f1d12.jpg

The surroundings were gorgeous.

1190705825_beautifulsurroundings.jpg.e106fbc1333ad6d6c6c4600ed50ec34d.jpg

plaques.jpg.3e938ed37f45bc98ec994106b88a76de.jpg

664757756_plaqueoncastle.jpg.6e35e4507d1a24b20bf6fcb4ceff7838.jpg

We explored the whole exterior.

86461513_lookingdownsteps.jpg.b0a88d43d85baf5e8865889aa0e1a60a.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5