Can you drop carry-ons in the cabin upon boarding?

On Celebrity in June, we were permitted to drop off our carry-ons in our cabin shortly after boarding (around noon) even though the rooms weren't yet ready / finished cleaning. I have never experienced this in all of my previous cruises. This was my first time with Celebrity, so not sure if that is standard policy for them. Is this a Celebrity policy only? Or is this a new policy for Royal as well? Or was this just a fluke, random experience? It was nice to go for lunch without wheeling a bag.

Any recent cruiser experiences? We are cruising on EN Sept 8.

5 hours ago, GJustice said:

One of the benefits of the Key is carryon drop off, but I wouldn't buy it JUST for that 🙂 

Yes...sometimes this is offered but to a specific area ... not to your cabin.

• Like 1

A friend of mine said he literally got yelled at recently when he tried to go to his cabin early to drop off luggage as soon as he opened the door to the hallway. Yelled might not be the right word, he said the guy wasn’t rude, but he clearly told him he wasn’t allowed to go to his cabin until the CD announced cabins were available. 

• Like 6

If you tag your carry on with a luggage tag it will be delivered to your cabin.  I understand people not wanting to let go of their carry ons but that is an option. We usually carry all our personal stuff/valuables etc in a back pack to carry on board.

Edited by mac66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It is delivered directly to your cabin (inside your cabin; not in the hallway) 

Sorry you misunderstood my response...I was saying with the key you dropped it off at a specific area and "you" couldn't drop off at your cabin. 

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

A friend of mine said he literally got yelled at recently when he tried to go to his cabin early to drop off luggage as soon as he opened the door to the hallway. Yelled might not be the right word, he said the guy wasn’t rude, but he clearly told him he wasn’t allowed to go to his cabin until the CD announced cabins were available. 

We were on a b2b in April on EN which means we were allowed access to our cabin anytime we wanted on turnaround day.  A steward (not ours) tried to block the door when DH went to open it so we could get into the hallway.  Even after we told him we were b2b, he glared at us.  Sorry, but that is what RCI allows for b2bers.  We only needed to get in for  a few minutes after we reboarded so we could drop off our passports and grab something.  We don't board with large or heavy carryon's so we don't expect to drop anything off on boarding day.  DH has a backpack and I have a tote and my small backpack purse.  Easy to carry around.  Our laptops, jewelry, meds, cash and camera are in them.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Your  friend would’ve had to open a closed fire door to get into the hallway. He was where he was not supposed to be, until the cabins  are open. No doubt that he was asked to leave. 

M

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, BND said:

We were on a b2b in April on EN which means we were allowed access to our cabin anytime we wanted on turnaround day.  A steward (not ours) tried to block the door when DH went to open it so we could get into the hallway.  Even after we told him we were b2b, he glared at us.  Sorry, but that is what RCI allows for b2bers.  We only needed to get in for  a few minutes after we reboarded so we could drop off our passports and grab something.  We don't board with large or heavy carryon's so we don't expect to drop anything off on boarding day.  DH has a backpack and I have a tote and my small backpack purse.  Easy to carry around.  Our laptops, jewelry, meds, cash and camera are in them.  

Not an issue with me, by time I finished my first leg Cruise's on B2B and longer they all know me

41 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not an issue with me, by time I finished my first leg Cruise's on B2B and longer they all know me

Well, we "knew" the stewards on our hall the first leg, but you do know they rotate them, right?  And, new crew join, right?  The guy who did that we had not seen before.  But, thanks for your help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

All B2B are provided an “in transit” card to show. We always go to  our B2B cabins way prior  to the cabins opening for new passengers. We always have our “in transit” card in our hands so  there is no issue. Dozens of sets of B2B and never any issues. 
m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, BND said:

Well, we "knew" the stewards on our hall the first leg, but you do know they rotate them, right?  And, new crew join, right?  The guy who did that we had not seen before.  But, thanks for your help.

Never had an issue. Think only had one my attendants change Cruise to Cruise. For dozen yrs done same Seasonal Repo, B4B and longer where Capt, CD, Dancers and bunch the Staff change after I arrive at new destination. Never had issue as I walk up/down that Deck 25+ times a day inc dozen times during turn around while doors closed. they are all aware who I am inc the new workers

Edited by ONECRUISER

20 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Never had an issue. Think only had one my attendants change Cruise to Cruise. For dozen yrs done same Seasonal Repo, B4B and longer where Capt, CD, Dancers and bunch the Staff change after I arrive at new destination. Never had issue as I walk up/down that Deck 25+ times a day inc dozen times during turn around while doors closed. they are all aware who I am inc the new workers

Our b2b in Nov was the same as our Apr one.  They rotated the stewards and had new crew who reported on the first day of our second leg so no way they could have seen us prior..  How could you possibly know new crew that reported in for the second leg before they got there?  I also never said we'd had the issue before, just in April, but whatever.

Edited by BND