Foreign passport

Marie51

Your unexpired passport, plus any visas required by the ports you are visiting for persons sailing on your passport.  If you are a resident of the US you would need the visa that allows you to reside/return here.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Then all she needs is passport and green card, and check for any destinations that may require a visa for Indonesians.  however, many countries that require a visa for Indonesians do not require it of cruise visitors.  But you need to research it.  EM

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Then all she needs is passport and green card, and check for any destinations that may require a visa for Indonesians.  however, many countries that require a visa for Indonesians do not require it of cruise visitors.  But you need to research it.  EM

We are researching it. She has called Royal Caribbean 4 times and has gotten four different answers. Further research will be required. And not from Royal Caribbean.

When it comes to country entry requirements I certainly would not depend on what a CSR on any cruise line tells you.  

If the person is denied boarding it is not the CSR who will be left holding the bag and realizing the financial loss.

As other have said, check the entry requirements of each country/island against the passport.

2 hours ago, Marie51 said:

We are researching it. She has called Royal Caribbean 4 times and has gotten four different answers. Further research will be required. And not from Royal Caribbean.

Royal will not give you a definitive answer. They sell cruises, not international immigration professionals. That's why they have a legal disclaimer saying that it is the passengers responsibility to ensure proper documentation.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marie51 said:

You will need to check the immigration rules with each of the countries the ship will visit. 

For example, a Google search for the Bahamas led me to to this page:

https://www.bahamasembdc.org/contact/faq/

Which says that legal permanent residences in the USA do NOT need a visa. (They *do* need at least 6 months left on their passport.  

Aloha,

John

I can only cite my experiences with Alaska cruises.  A Permanent US resident (Green Card holder) from Indonesia would only have to present their Permanent Resident Card, along with their home country's passport.  A typical visitor from Indonesia would need a Canadian Visa in order to board a cruise ship in Seattle sailing to Alaska, but a US Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) just needs to present their Green Card and home country's passport to the check-in agent.  The Green Card is the most important piece of travel document for this closed loop sailing scenario.  The US Green Card trumps the home country's passport.

When your DIL is researching the requirements, make sure she is searching info as a permanent US resident.  

On 9/10/2022 at 5:54 PM, Gwendy said:

Check the country you are visiting and they should have a government website with entry requirements for various countries.

Never rely on the cruise lines for info.

Yeah and this is where it gets really tricky with Caribbean cruises because sometimes they visit not only several independent countries, but sometimes territories of other countries (like France and Netherlands) that may or may not have different immigration laws. Then you throw in tricky stuff like "Does a citizen of Indonesia, who is a permanent resident of the US, need a visa to visit St. Lucia" and it's...not fun.

I am a citizen of an obscure African country, and it's times like these that make me really happy that I also have a US passport to make things much easier 🙂

Edited by Zach1213