SECOND ArriveCAN APP Required Before Cruise!!! Alert!

nini

I just read an article on Forbes Magazine's webpage that says Canada is expected to drop their requirements for vaccinations, quarantines, and will make ArriveCAN optional for visitors. Since we sail on October 1st, I am acutely aware that this could be a big deal for us.

Hopefully, Princess will keep up with this news and end the testing requirements.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Purple Gallinule said:

I just read an article on Forbes Magazine's webpage that says Canada is expected to drop their requirements for vaccinations, quarantines, and will make ArriveCAN optional for visitors. Since we sail on October 1st, I am acutely aware that this could be a big deal for us.

Hopefully, Princess will keep up with this news and end the testing requirements.

No where does it say that Canada is ceasing it's testing requirements.  

On 9/20/2022 at 8:01 AM, westcoaster said:

There have been stories in the news recently indicating that the Canadian government is likely to drop the mandatory requirement to complete ArriveCAN before entering Canada.   This could happen as soon as the end of September.

Yes!  I just heard as of October 1 the requirements will be dropped!  Just in time for our October 9 cruise.  Now I’ll cancel the PCR tests we have scheduled for October 6.  And won’t need to upload all our vaccines in the ArriveCAN app!  This makes me feel soooo much better.  Thank you to so many Canadians who lifted their sleeves to take their jabs willingly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am the OP and began this thread just 3 days before boarding the Grand, round-trip from Vancouver, BC for an Alaska cruise. Somehow, it transformed into covid testing... that is ok...

We returned on September 26th and the ONLY SECOND ArriveCan that was required, was to be completed two days before the port of Prince Rupert, BC.

We did not need to complete a second one before boarding the ship.

So, now you have it.

Edited by nini
spelling

11 minutes ago, nini said:

I am the OP and began this thread just 3 days before boarding the Grand, round-trip from Vancouver, BC for an Alaska cruise. Somehow, it transformed into covid testing... that is ok...

We returned on September 26th and the ONLY SECOND ArriveCan that was required, was to be completed two days before the port of Prince Rupert, BC.

We did not need to complete a second one before boarding the ship.

So, now you have it.

And now ArriveCAN is purely optional. How quickly things change sometimes. 

That said, we are planning to complete our ArriveCan when the window opens on Oct 15, 72 hours before we depart home. 

2 minutes ago, Bobbiegentry said:

And now ArriveCAN is purely optional. How quickly things change sometimes. 

That said, we are planning to complete our ArriveCan when the window opens on Oct 15, 72 hours before we depart home. 

Yes, I realize that of October 1st that the ArriveCan is optional.

I am curious why you want to still complete it?

10 hours ago, Bobbiegentry said:

By all accounts (well, maybe most accounts), it speeds up entry into Canada.

That is, if it’s working. 

We shall see. 🤞🏻

We drove from home (Washington State) into Canada. We printed out our ArriveCan and the border guard was not interested. We sailed through. 

9 hours ago, nini said:

We drove from home (Washington State) into Canada. We printed out our ArriveCan and the border guard was not interested. We sailed through. 

The CBSA border "guard" would not be interested in seeing your ArriveCan receipt, they never had for any our our entries back into Canada. Assuming you had submitted ArriveCan properly, it would have been on his/her computer screen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Did you use a passport to enter?

Yes, we handed her our passports. She was creative in her "interview" technique. She asked

why we were going to Vancouver and we told her. She asked, "about how much does that cost?"

We went through quickly unlike the several people ahead of us. We thought we were in for it because most of the cars ahead of us took 3-4 times longer than the other vehicles in the other lines. (Yes, I timed them). We waited about 40 minutes to get through.

48 minutes ago, nini said:

Yes, we handed her our passports. She was creative in her "interview" technique. She asked

why we were going to Vancouver and we told her. She asked, "about how much does that cost?"

We went through quickly unlike the several people ahead of us. We thought we were in for it because most of the cars ahead of us took 3-4 times longer than the other vehicles in the other lines. (Yes, I timed them). We waited about 40 minutes to get through.

Probably why the CBSA officer didn't want to see your ArriveCAN submission... already had everything linked to your passport.  If you hadn't done it, you very likely would have had a much different border-crossing experience.

3 hours ago, Bobbiegentry said:

Interesting. Maybe it’s different arriving by air????

If you're flying in on or after October 1, the ArriveCAN app is optional.  The 'time savings' referred to is related to pre-filing your customs declaration.  It's estimated this may save you all of about 40 seconds unless you're planning on bringing large amounts of currency, fruits and vegetables or stolen art!

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

If you're flying in on or after October 1, the ArriveCAN app is optional.  The 'time savings' referred to is related to pre-filing your customs declaration.  It's estimated this may save you all of about 40 seconds unless you're planning on bringing large amounts of currency, fruits and vegetables or stolen art!

40 seconds times the hundreds of people in front of you adds up to a significant improvement.