Drink Package - Building up a “Stash”

carolina_yankee

Our first Celebrity cruise is in November on the Apex. We have the premium drink package.  What is the best (non-corny) way to build up a “stash” of sodas and waters in the room?   We like to have a few cans in the room so we don’t have to run out every time. Do all bars and lounges provide the cans or glass bottles and could we get several or are we limited to a certain amount at a time. Not looking to secretly stash a dozen in an overcoat, but also not looking to run out every time I want something!

Secondly, how does one get non-alcoholic beverages at the buffet - are sodas and juices self-serve or do you have to order from some place? 

Thanks.

• Like 1

If you are in a suite the Butler will restock soda and water for you.  In other cabins ask the cabin attendant to empty the mini bar then when you are out around the ship get a soda and water to take back to the cabin mini fridge.  It doesn’t take long to keep it stocked.  

There is a Second Al Bacio/ bar on 1 side of the buffet where you can get premium coffees, teas, juice, wine and drinks.  You can walk up and order or there are servers taking beverage orders.

In the buffet there  are coffee dispensers and dispensers with juices in the morning.  Later the dispensers change to lemonade and punch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you are in a suite the Butler will restock soda and water for you.  In other cabins ask the cabin attendant to empty the mini bar then when you are out around the ship get a soda and water to take back to the cabin mini fridge.  It doesn’t take long to keep it stocked.  

There is a Second Al Bacio/ bar on 1 side of the buffet where you can get premium coffees, teas, juice, wine and drinks.  You can walk up and order or there are servers taking beverage orders.

In the buffet there  are coffee dispensers and dispensers with juices in the morning.  Later the dispensers change to lemonade and punch.

Thanks. I should have added we are concierge class. Just sounds like each time we pass a lounge we ask for something until we’ve got what we feel we need. 

Also, good to know about the servers in the buffet taking drink orders. I was wondering if I would have to line up at bar for drinks with plates in hand. 

Edited by carolina_yankee
  • Like 1

I made a practice of stopping by a bar when I was headed back to the cabin, to get a can of soda or bottle of water. You do need to say "unopened to take with me" or they'll open it for you. 

In the buffet you can ask a server who's roving to take drink orders, or stop by the bar yourself.

• Like 6

We don’t drink much soda, so haven’t got too much of that, but most bars will give you 2 bottles of water. We usually get a couple at the end of the night and then get more the next morning at breakfast. Before we know it we have a lot of water in our cabin. Go to any bar and you can get soda. Buffet has it as well. Sometimes there is a server to bring it to you or just go to the bar. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, carolina_yankee said:

At least on Disney’s ships we’ve found the coolers will get things cool enough after a day or so. It seems to work better with several items in there.  As long as cooler than room temp, it’s fine from the can to us, and ice is always around for glasses.

Also if you leave the door to that cabinet open a bit so air can circulate.

• Like 4

Currently on the Reflection and we are doing exactly that, every time we head back to the cabin we pick up a couple from wherever we are on the ship until our stash is sufficient 😊 

On a side not we normally get the cabin attendant to empty the fridge but to be honest there was only 2 small bottles of wine and a few little vodkas in it to start with so no real need. 

Don’t know if all the fridges are the same but when I opened it the first time it wasn’t very cold at all but the dial was set quite high so I changed it and it’s much cooler now 👍🏼😊 

• Like 1

We were in a SS and sitting in the Retreat Lounge.  This very old passenger came in around 11 pm with the Celebrity hand bag.  He went to the cooler and loaded it up with beer and walked out.   I asked the Host if it was allowed.  She said this is the 3rd week he has been on the ship and does that every night and didn’t say anymore about it.  

I don’t know what he was doing with it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, carolina_yankee said:

Thanks. I should have added we are concierge class. Just sounds like each time we pass a lounge we ask for something until we’ve got what we feel we need. 

Has always been my strategy on celebrity cruises. We make it a point to request waters from whatever venue we were close to the at point where we were heading back to our cabin. It was very easy to build up a stash and not inconvenient at all. I totally agree, pain in the butt to have to go out to track down water when you are comfortable in your cabin.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, miched said:

We were in a SS and sitting in the Retreat Lounge.  This very old passenger came in around 11 pm with the Celebrity hand bag.  He went to the cooler and loaded it up with beer and walked out.   I asked the Host if it was allowed.  She said this is the 3rd week he has been on the ship and does that every night and didn’t say anymore about it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Did you not notice him with his bags tucked in the back corner out on the port side of the pool deck?  He probably paid for his cruise selling beer at half the going rate to those with 'Sail Only' packages. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/17/2022 at 5:18 PM, carolina_yankee said:

Our first Celebrity cruise is in November on the Apex. We have the premium drink package.  What is the best (non-corny) way to build up a “stash” of sodas and waters in the room?   We like to have a few cans in the room so we don’t have to run out every time. Do all bars and lounges provide the cans or glass bottles and could we get several or are we limited to a certain amount at a time. Not looking to secretly stash a dozen in an overcoat, but also not looking to run out every time I want something!

Secondly, how does one get non-alcoholic beverages at the buffet - are sodas and juices self-serve or do you have to order from some place? 

Thanks.

If you have a premium drinks package just ask for it. You have unlimited access to premium waters like Pellegrino, etc. Ask your room attendant and you'll have a fridge full of it every day!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foze said:

If you have a premium drinks package just ask for it. You have unlimited access to premium waters like Pellegrino, etc. Ask your room attendant and you'll have a fridge full of it every day!

If you like I will show you ours as we are currently on a cruise on Apex... we have a LOT of water...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MR_T said:

Don’t know if all the fridges are the same but when I opened it the first time it wasn’t very cold at all but the dial was set quite high so I changed it and it’s much cooler now 👍🏼😊 

I cranked the dial down when we first arrived in our room aboard the Silhouette recently. Guessing, room attendants are instructed to turn those dials back to "5° less than cabin temp" when cleaning out the fridges post-cruise.

cjr

On 9/17/2022 at 2:41 PM, stellarose said:

so even with classic package I can get a few waters here and there to stock my fridge? cool beans. 

Yep. Plenty of people just walked up to various bars/restaurants during our recent cruise, ordered one or several bottles of water (charged to their SeaPass card), shoved them into a bag and walked off.

We also asked our room attendant to clear out the stuff we'd be charged for in our mini-bar "fridge" and just stock it with H20 and Diet Coke. That felt like a common request and he had no problem doing so.

One word of note: In our fridge, at least, the fridge door was not wide enough to accommodate the width of a soda can, one of Celebrity's silver-aluminum water bottles, etc. It's great for little bottles of booze, that hip flask you managed to slip onboard or uncooked spaghetti, but those fridges are actually smaller than a college-dorm fridge, if you remember/are familiar with those. And there's no "freezer" area, either -- just a shelf.

cjr

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

We also asked our room attendant to clear out the stuff we'd be charged for in our mini-bar "fridge" and just stock it with H20 and Diet Coke. That felt like a common request and he had no problem doing so.

So, question. We have the elevate package, which I guess is now the classic drink package.  So I can ask the room steward to empty out the fridge of whatever is in there  when we arrive, and stock it with water and whatever soft drinks we want (because of our package)?

21 hours ago, miched said:

This very old passenger came in around 11 pm with the Celebrity hand bag.  He went to the cooler and loaded it up with beer and walked out.  She said this is the 3rd week he has been on the ship and does that every night and didn’t say anymore about it.  

This reminds me of what my husband's urologist told him this week.  He said a patient of his complained about needing to get up to pee all night.  The urologist asked what he drank in the evening.  His patient said he usually drank 8 bottles of beer just before bed time.  Duh!

• Haha 3

On 9/17/2022 at 11:18 AM, carolina_yankee said:

Thanks.

I think there have been some staffing issues recently that have led to fewer servers walking through the buffet. The first morning after embarkation may be especially short handed