Question about On Point Covid rapid testing

nicky6425

Traveling from Boston to Quebec on October 3rd and would like to use the On Point proctored service  for covid rapid testing. Has anyone used this proctored service? Were there any drawbacks? I have a ton of tests that I have never used and this seems like a much cheaper option. Thanks in advance....

I also used them for my cruise about a month ago.  They were very efficient and I had the certificate in my email before I got off the phone with the agent. 

May favorite part was that we could both take the test on the same call at the same time.

we also did the on point testing for Baltic Sea cruise this August.  We did our testing together which saved time. Going to take our test tomorrow for a Celebrity cruise out of Vancouver CANADA.  No cruise is complete till you jump through more hoops.

I used the same kit in June when I was positive.  Total time was 7 minutes.  I am a retired med tech and ran quite a few thin line chromatography. It is a qualitative test and once you detect the second line the test result can be reported.

2 hours ago, jwlane said:

I mean, it was like he knew it was negative before I even showed it.  Maybe 7 minutes total?

We used OnPoint a couple weeks ago... the rep said mine was negative as soon as the control line was filled in... lol... maybe 5 minutes start to finish.

We used it last month. I was hesitant at first, but worked great. Three of us used it. Took longer to get the results by email than it did to read the negative…….got results in about 5 minutes. No waiting 15 minutes like eMed, I would definitely use them again,

We (two couples from the Atlanta area) made an appointment a while back to have all four of us take the test this afternoon in our Boston hotel room (we’re sailing on the Summit’s New England/Canada cruise beginning this Wednesday).  The process was extremely efficient since it required just one Zoom call.  We had to pay for four tests, but getting them completed at the same time was very efficient.  We got the emailed test results literally in a matter of minutes.  OnPoint also kept us well informed with e-mail notifications.  We had an extremely positive experience with them.

John

25 minutes ago, Coloradohawk said:

How many days in advance do they take appointments?  We’re leaving from Boston on Oct. 3 and want to take the tests on Oct. 1.

I made mine 30 days ahead the first time.  In August made the appointment the day before.  Getting an appointment has never been difficult. 

We tested using wifi from Iceland.   Fast and easy.

My daughter just used this one last week for a Disney cruise. She took hers at midnight but there were a large number of people scrambling to find another provider at the last minute when on point shut down, presumably for computer issues. Frankly, they seem shady. 

We used On Point in August will no issues.  I had to call one of their providers to ask about a code that I could not see that On Point was sending prior to the test.  Morning of test used my laptop and we sat at our kitchen counter together.  Results were emailed in about 10 minutes.  

I purchased an OnPoint virtural test order yesterday, and have not been able to schedule an appointment with them yet.  Only response to my chat inquiry was an email that had a scheduling web link that did not work.  My credit card has a pending charge on it.  Calls go unanswered to a recording.  I am going to dispute the charge and probable book a covid rapid test at the Barcelona Airport when we land for $30 euros each.

• Thanks 1