AON reimbursement finally received!

Buckeye10640

I had Princess insurance for a last minute 5 day cruise out of FLL  last March. We disembarked on March 12 to find flights out of FLL cancelled and we couldnt get a new flight for 2 days. I filed for hotel, meal, and transportation reimbursement (no extra air charge for Southwest).  Its been 6 months, multiple emails, phone calls, and receipt uploads when they said they did not have what I was sure I had provided. Finally I have received full payment. For those waiting, dont give up hope and keep after them. It was a very slow process but successful in the end.  Also be aware they did pay even though my flight was not booked via EZAir.  Princess told me it would not be paid, but the AON rep, when I called,  said it would and told me to file. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I had Princess insurance for a last minute 5 day cruise out of FLL  last March. We disembarked on March 12 to find flights out of FLL cancelled and we couldnt get a new flight for 2 days. I filed for hotel, meal, and transportation reimbursement (no extra air charge for Southwest).  Its been 6 months, multiple emails, phone calls, and receipt uploads when they said they did not have what I was sure I had provided. Finally I have received full payment. For those waiting, dont give up hope and keep after them. It was a very slow process but successful in the end.  Also be aware they did pay even though my flight was not booked via EZAir.  Princess told me it would not be paid, but the AON rep, when I called,  said it would and told me to file. 

Same happened to us!  Of course AON would pay, that’s why we bought insurance, right?  Anyway, we only had the expensive hotel and meals for 2 days

to submit. So, ours took 9 weeks.  Don’t know why yours was so long.

I’m so glad you finally got it though.

We’re you on the CB?

Edited by PacnGoNow

On 9/23/2022 at 7:25 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Same happened to us!  Of course AON would pay, that’s why we bought insurance, right?  Anyway, we only had the expensive hotel and meals for 2 days

to submit. So, ours took 9 weeks.  Don’t know why yours was so long.

I’m so glad you finally got it though.

We’re you on the CB?

We were on Regal. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 6:16 PM, Buckeye10640 said:

Alaska cruise was end of May. Filed with AON for some hotel and air changes June 2. Now October 10th and still waiting. 6-8 weeks they estimate. That would have been August. Every type of communication gets same reply…we’re working on it. Crazy!

2 hours ago, hiawathapt said:

Alaska cruise was end of May. Filed with AON for some hotel and air changes June 2. Now October 10th and still waiting. 6-8 weeks they estimate. That would have been August. Every type of communication gets same reply…we’re working on it. Crazy!

Have you filed a complaint with your state insurance commissioner?  That usually gets their attention.  Too bad is has to go to that level..

11 hours ago, hiawathapt said:

It has been taking about 4 months for the  check to come in the mail for most folks.

They said because of covid, they’ve been overwhelmed with requests.  I bet they have staff shortages too. 
No excuse though, hope yours is settled soon.

15 hours ago, hiawathapt said:

So, what is the hurry? These long wait times are a bi-product of Covid. As long as the claim has been assigned, it will get processed eventually. 

On 10/11/2022 at 1:02 PM, billco said:

So, what is the hurry? These long wait times are a bi-product of Covid. As long as the claim has been assigned, it will get processed eventually. 

You clearly have more confidence in the process than I do. AONs communication and claims portal are terrible. That said I do give them credit for finally paying out, even after 6 months and multiple followups on my part.  My claim was small, around $700. I would hate to have thousands tied up waiting on them. At some point businesses need to stop using Covid  as an excuse for long delays and poor customer service. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:
On 10/11/2022 at 10:02 AM, billco said:

You clearly have more confidence in the process than I do. AONs communication and claims portal are terrible. That said I do give them credit for finally paying out, even after 6 months and multiple followups on my part.  My claim was small, around $700. I would hate to have thousands tied up waiting on them. At some point businesses need to stop using Covid  as an excuse for long delays and poor customer service. 

Could it be that no one wants to work there? Lack of employees would certainly slow things down .... has in our local stores

33 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Could it be that no one wants to work there? Lack of employees would certainly slow things down .... has in our local stores

Or does AON want to hire and train møre employees only to let them go once they are caught up.

Edited by billco

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2022 at 9:05 PM, hiawathapt said:

I filed mine in August...still waiting.....

They can use any excuse they want, but not having employees is directly on them.  Pay people better.  People will beat down doors to make a decent living.  Continue to give employers an excuse is unacceptable and we'll take our money elsewhere.  

2 hours ago, fairie1960 said:

I filed mine in August...still waiting.....

I filed my claim in June - as I just told the CSR, if I don't have the $7000+ by the 20th, 6 months from the date I filed, I'm getting my lawyer involved. 

Filing a complaint with the state insurance commissioner is a possibility until then. 

On 12/1/2022 at 1:33 PM, venussuz said:

I filed my claim in June - as I just told the CSR, if I don't have the $7000+ by the 20th, 6 months from the date I filed, I'm getting my lawyer involved. 

Filing a complaint with the state insurance commissioner is a possibility until then. 

I’ll join you. Same story. Processing now for over three months. Filed in June. 

On 12/1/2022 at 1:33 PM, venussuz said:

Someone here advised me against doing that - said the minute you involve a lawyer everything stops...plus, how much of that $7000+ will get eaten up by that?  TRUST ME, I feel your frustration and irritation.  I get that it's not in the insurance company's best interest to actually pay folks what they're owed...but yea, over 6 months waiting is a bit ridiculous...and aggravating, irritating, frustrating, etc., etc,etc