Does anyone have a recipe using Celebrity pillow chocolates?

Alakegirl

This a fun question 😃

During our recent cruise -- even though I love chocolate -- I just didn't want to eat that morsel on my pillow late in the evening/night, and my wife doesn't care for chocolate at all. Thus, I just started stacking those things on the coffee-service tray.

By the end of our 12-night cruise, there was quite a stack of those buggers. I left them there but now wish I'd packed 'em so I could use them in a recipe later -- or at least snarf them!

cjr

Celebrity Pillow Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients:

• 10 Celebrity Pillow Chocolates
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 sticks butter (unsalted)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 2 eggs

Steps:

• Soften butter
  • mix in eggs 
  • mix in sugars
  • mix in flour
  • chop up chocolates and stir in
  • chill in fridge for 1 hour
  • Throw it all in the garbage because the Celebrity chocolates are gross

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Wish they'd offer a dark chocolate option.

I'm not sure if it is consistent but all of the ones we have received are a mixture of Dark and Milk.   Some nights milk some nights dark.   My preference is the dark.  

I keep them around for the Grandkids.   They love them and not enough to give them a sugar high before I send them home.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm not sure if it is consistent but all of the ones we have received are a mixture of Dark and Milk.   Some nights milk some nights dark.   My preference is the dark.  

Our steward on our last cruise must have been supplied with only milk chocolate.  15 nts of them!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Our steward on our last cruise must have been supplied with only milk chocolate.  15 nts of them!

LOL  -  I would hate to show a picture of our Chocolate stash.   On our B3B and our attendant would always leave at least 4 each night.    One night he made a smiley face with about a dozen of them.   

Maybe ask for the Dark and see if he's holding them back.  

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Honestly, I never noticed a difference in the foil night-to-night. Hate to think I left a pile of the tasty dark stuff sitting there? On our next cruise this spring, I will at least try a few so I don't make this mistake again.

cjr

I bring a stash back from every cruise…

Each time our son and GF stay with us I put them on their pillows…Always brings a smile and happy memories…Who cares what they taste like? They are simply a gesture of decadence on your pillow that reminds you that you are on vacation…

• Like 2

On 9/25/2022 at 4:25 PM, mom says said:

Yuck. Given the low amounts of actual cocoa or pure chocolate in those pillow candies, I wouldn't try to bake with them.

You mean exactly like the bag of milk chocolate morsels that everyone alive uses to make chocolate chip cookies?

To the OP, they'd be perfect for smores or break them up and use them in cookies.