Canada drops testing requirements-did you know?

mammajamma2013

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

As of October 1, 2022, Canada will no longer require covid testing to enter by land, sea, or air. ArriveCan will no longer be required, either.

Edited by mammajamma2013
Added a question to conform to Ask a Question
  • Like 2

• mammajamma2013 changed the title to Canada drops testing requirements-did you know?
2 hours ago, Ashland said:

We just returned yesterday from our Alaska cruise out/in Vancouver and already no one seemed to care about ArriveCan or covid testing.

Did you not have to fill out ArriveCan before boarding?

Test before boarding?

30 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Did you not have to fill out ArriveCan before boarding?

Test before boarding?

Yes...we did fill it out as instructed but upon landing in Vancouver no one asked to see it (QR code) nor did they flying back to the US.

We did our proctored test for RCI but they barely glanced at our hard copy. 

I was so concerned about the random testing as we arrived into YVR from LAX on our Air Canada flight but that didn't even seem to be a real thing.

Very strange how this all played out in real time.

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yes...we did fill it out as instructed but upon landing in Vancouver no one asked to see it (QR code) nor did they flying back to the US.

I was so concerned about the random testing as we arrived into YVR from LAX on our Air Canada flight but that didn't even seem to be a real thing.

They probably did not need to pull you over  if the Arrivecan was in order

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Ashland said:

They didn't need to see your QR code in Vancouver because your ArriveCAN was already associated with your passport number so when your passport was checked they saw in there records that there was an approved ArriveCAN for your passport.

The person checking you in at the pier has seen hundreds of COVID  test reports so it wouldn't take more than a quick glance to see that yours was valid.

Random testing is just as it says...random. You would have no way to anticipate whether you would be selected. No doubt a computer program is used to select who gets tested and one would expect that only a small percentage of people would be randomly selected for testing.

Your description actually confirms that things were working exactly how they should.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ashland said:

Your ArriveCAN code was checked when you boarded your flight to Canada, no need to check upon arrival.  Not checked when you returned because the US has no such requirement.

• Thanks 1

There are several threads about this topic on the "Canadian Forums" too.  IF anyone is interested.

I am sailing out of Quebec on 10/22. So looks like no test and no Arrivecan will be necessary😃

• Like 2

I've used ArriveCan to return home over a dozen times. The only time anyone asked to see it was a gate agent at London Heathrow. Otherwise, no one bothered. 

The bigger news is dropping the much reviled mask mandate on aircraft and inter-provincial trains. It means I can return to flying Canadian carriers again. 

• Like 1