$79 pp for CocoCay beach club a decent price?

coaster

Excursions just being added to our Serenade cruise in 2023. 12 night repositioning from Tampa and seems like it would be a nice break. Is it worth $79? Seems on the high side to me. I know you can cancel, but have other's locked in at a lower price?

Edited by coaster

Wow... price was what I

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It's worth about $49

From a vlog I just watched, I tend to agree. If drinks were included, $79 would be reasonable.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 2

Used to lower add-ons from Tampa. Got $40 drink package pp per day back in December on Serenade. Still not sure about the $79 price pp at the beach club. I believe the beach club price was the same back then, but did not bite. The included food seemed decent enough at CocoCay.

Edited by coaster

We had this back in 2020 for something like $45 on sale.   We loved the area but said we would never pay more than $60 or $70 to return to the beach club.

I just booked at this price.  Worst case we change our minds and cancel it, we have till next September to decide.😀

@sgmn might want to book if this intetests you and Gary.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had this back in 2020 for something like $45 on sale.   We loved the area but said we would never pay more than $60 or $70 to return to the beach club.

I just booked at this price.  Worst case we change our minds and cancel it, we have till next September to decide.😀

@sgmn might want to book if this intetests you and Gary.

$45 pp would be no question. Glad I helped you out and you locked in at $79. We all have our different value equations. Hope to see you folks onboard Serenade on this sailing! 

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watching more details on YouTube and the vloggers said they paid almost $400 total to go there. They stated at the end that it is not worth that price at all. Seems like around $100 for two total would be more appropriate. Drinks included for those without a drink package, $200 total for two. I get folks are on vacation, but being taken of advantage of is sad to me...

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, coaster said:

Watching more details on YouTube and the vloggers said they paid almost $400 total to go there. They stated at the end that it is not worth that price at all. Seems like around $100 for two total would be more appropriate. Drinks included for those without a drink package, $200 total for two. I get folks are on vacation, but being taken of advantage of is sad to me...

Parodeejay.  Good video to watch.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BND said:

I follow them on a regular basis. Just saw this video before posting. They tend to be Carnival lovers and Carnival can do no wrong, but I have watched them enough to filter out the Carnival hype. I have my own filtration system when watching vloggers. Yes, they basically said paying for the beach club at CocoCay is a waste of money and it is well documented in this video.

Edited by coaster

14 minutes ago, coaster said:

That looks like I said what you did about them.  I didn't say that.  I happen to like them and have no issues with their opinions about Carnival.  You need to type outside the quote box, not in it.

Edited by BND

17 minutes ago, BND said:

That looks like I said what you did about them.  I didn't say that.  I happen to like them and have no issues with their opinions about Carnival.  You need to type outside the quote box, not in it.

I like you posting. You are good! I agree with their thoughts about the beach club and glad you linked their review here. Just giving a perspective that they are really biased towards Carnival.  Look at their Royal vlogs in the past and decide like I have. Easy to see if you follow them on a regular basis. Sorry I responded within a quote box.

Edited by coaster

We did it on our Jun 5 Mariner sailing, cost around 200 per person for four of us.  It was paid by my brother in law as a treat for us on our annual family vacation.  It was very private, secluded, and the lunch was fantastic, filet and lobster.  The nicest beach excursion that I have ever been on.  Was it worth 200 per person ?  No, not really, at the most I would pay 100.  I would grab it at 79.

I was at CocoCay a month later, off the Explorer, this time we did Thrill Park for 79 per person.  I enjoyed the wave pool, the kids loved all the slides.  The buffet type lunch was fine.

I will be back there in December, on my Anthem cruise, and will probably just skip all the hoopla and get the first lounger I can find and relax on the beach.

• Like 3

For those folks that don't cruise much, I get justifying extra costs at places like CocoCay is not under the radar. We cruise often and look at everything in perspective based on our recent past cruises and costs for these things. Your optics are different. Inflation is a factor, but not at the multiples that Royal is charging many at the beach club at CocoCay.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coaster said:

I like you posting. You are good! I agree with their thoughts about the beach club and glad you linked their review here. Just giving a perspective that they are really biased towards Carnival.  Look at their Royal vlogs in the past and decide like I have. Easy to see if you follow them on a regular basis. Sorry I responded within a quote box.

They're Diamond on Royal and while they used to do almost exclusively Carnival, they have branched out and give really good reviews.   It's not that you responded "with" the quote box, it's the way you did it.  It made it look like I said what you had said.  You need to reply outside the actual quote box so the quote and your response both show.

Anyway, I've seen other posts on FB where people are saying the same thing we've seen on this thread.

As people seem to post a lot you can buy it and easily cancel and rebut if the price goes down or something better comes up. I want a excursion to see the Panama locks but the 3 we have so far arent great prices but all we have. 

Black friday maybe excursions will all be on big sales. .. lol .. in my imagination.

• Like 1

We did the beach club last January at $79 each.  Lunch was quite good, loungers were nice and I loved the flag to indicate you wanted bar service.  But, I’m basically cheap (even though we typically book suites) and didn’t think it was worth it.  I could have used the money for a lunch onboard another day and still have some leftover.  It was nice to try, but I doubt we’ll repeat.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

As people seem to post a lot you can buy it and easily cancel and rebut if the price goes down or something better comes up. I want a excursion to see the Panama locks but the 3 we have so far arent great prices but all we have. 

Black friday maybe excursions will all be on big sales. .. lol .. in my imagination.

I'm also waiting for the Black Friday sales, if any.  During the Labor Day sale got "The Key" for $16.99 pp/pd for our upcoming Oasis sail.

• Like 3

So much goes into is it worth it. How many are you? The worth it would be different if you’re paying for 5 than 2. Also how often you cruise and go to CocoCay?

We only cruise once or twice a year and I’d pay double that. I’d love to pay less of course but if that’s the price set by RC I’ll pay it. I’d rather go on one or two really nice upscale vacations than 10 budget ones. We all have different perspectives when it comes to worth so it’s really a moot point.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, woneill63 said:

I will be back there in December, on my Anthem cruise, and will probably just skip all the hoopla and get the first lounger I can find and relax on the beach.

We are on Anthem 12.04 sailing and plan on doing just as you said.   We enjoy South Beach or chill island and prefer the snack shack with their funnel cakes, etc. Over the buffet.   There are lots of nice free areas.

We're booking a cabana for a wedding cruise in fall 2023. Chill Island with a lesser lunch is $999. Beach Club is $1499. 

So $500 spread across 8 guests is about $60 per person. Might be worth the upgrade then.😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, coaster said:

Is it worth $79? Seems on the high side to me.

Our upcoming Wonder cruise in March is currently at $283.99pp, so I'd say $79pp is a deal! 

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 7.52.19 AM.png

Edited by JeffT237
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We're booking a cabana for a wedding cruise in fall 2023. Chill Island with a lesser lunch is $999. Beach Club is $1499. 

So $500 spread across 8 guests is about $60 per person. Might be worth the upgrade then.😉

At least your 6 drinks a day can be used on coco cay. How many of those 8 are little kids who dont care about eating lobster. I plan to order something while in coco cay with vouchers so I dont care if drinks not included.

I dont see how anyone can say if it's worth it for someone else. If it's something for sure someone wants to do, book and hope for the best price.