Diamond level drink vouchers

Two questions:

1) I know that I get 4 free drinks per day -- if I only use 3 on any given day, do I then have 5 the next day -- or is it use it or lose it?

2) If I'm traveling with someone who is not Diamond (and therefore no free drinks), can I use one of my 4 vouchers to "buy" them a drink? 

Just now, Musigurl said:

Two questions:

1) I know that I get 4 free drinks per day -- if I only use 3 on any given day, do I then have 5 the next day -- or is it use it or lose it?

2) If I'm traveling with someone who is not Diamond (and therefore no free drinks), can I use one of my 4 vouchers to "buy" them a drink? 

Use or lose. 4 per day. 

You can buy any drink you want with your voucher. Who you hand the drink to is up to you. 

It’s use it or lose it. They are now worth up to $13, so you can get drinks up to $13, or you can pay the difference if it’s more. Pretty nice perk. Also, can be used on cafe promenade specialty drinks, just not Starbucks branded drinks. If you can’t use them all you can get water bottles to take to your room. 

Edited by caribbeanfever

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

Use or lose. 4 per day. 

You can buy any drink you want with your voucher. Who you hand the drink to is up to you. 

Thanks -- wasn't sure because I know that sharing with a drink package is a big no no.

Also be aware you get 4 more vouchers on disembarkation morning to use. Could get mimosas or whatever at WJ bar if serving alcohol, fresh squeezed OJ in WJ/MDR, coffee drinks at Cafe Promenade, etc.

1 hour ago, caribbeanfever said:

It’s use it or lose it. They are now worth up to $13, so you can get drinks up to $13, or you can pay the difference if it’s more. Pretty nice perk. Also, can be used on cafe promenade specialty drinks, just not Starbucks branded drinks. If you can’t use them all you can get water bottles to take to your room. 

You can use it at the cafe in the promenade for coffee drinks made with starbucks coffee.

Just not at a stand alone starbucks. A lot on my last cruise were confused so I wanted to make sure people knew it was good on starbucks brand coffee in the cafe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Musigurl said:

Thanks -- wasn't sure because I know that sharing with a drink package is a big no no.

Drink package is different because technically it's unlimited.  D and above drinks are limited to 4 for D, 5 for D+ and 6 for Pinn so you can only give away up to your limit.

4 minutes ago, tardy said:

Im D+ I get 5 drinks .....if I'm traveling  with another person  in my cabin ... do they get the same offer?

Its there first cruise.

No. Your C&A status only transfers to spouse/partner who lives with you and children under 18.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

D and above drinks are limited to 4 for D, 5 for D+ and 6 for Pinn so you can only give away up to your limit.

Excellent insight. OP as pointed out, diamond drinks cannot be used at a Starbucks kiosk but can be used on Starbucks coffee from Cafe Promenade. Can also be used on milk shake from Johnny Rockets.

42 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Excellent insight. OP as pointed out, diamond drinks cannot be used at a Starbucks kiosk but can be used on Starbucks coffee from Cafe Promenade. Can also be used on milk shake from Johnny Rockets.

Very good to know 🙂

1 hour ago, meadowlander said:

You can also use them for powerade or vitamin waters from Cafe Promenade. Probably even the beers. Looks like this if you've got some left at the end of the night

20220926_222609 (1).jpg

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Also be aware you get 4 more vouchers on disembarkation morning to use. Could get mimosas or whatever at WJ bar if serving alcohol, fresh squeezed OJ in WJ/MDR, coffee drinks at Cafe Promenade, etc.

I've read conflicting reports.  It would be great if all ships had that policy.  We're doing a B2B this month.  It would be nice if I could go down in the morning and get 5 beers for me and 5 for my wife to put in my stateroom for the next cruise.

• Like 1

Our experience with D+ drink vouchers is that once the bartenders know us (usually first day), they have allowed us to use the drink vouchers for the 3 of us (all D+ & same stateroom) when one of us buys multiple drinks.  This has happened regularly for us in Schooner and Solarium bars.

We very seldom use all 15 (3x5) vouchers on any day.  

3 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

I've read conflicting reports.  It would be great if all ships had that policy.  We're doing a B2B this month.  It would be nice if I could go down in the morning and get 5 beers for me and 5 for my wife to put in my stateroom for the next cruise.

You are reading conflicting reports because it seems to vary from ship to ship.  🙂 

6 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

It would be nice if I could go down in the morning and get 5 beers for me and 5 for my wife to put in my stateroom for the next cruise.

Go there with a bag to carry them but don’t be too disappointed if they tell you no. 

18 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks. Was not aware of that. You actually tried that, right?

18 minutes ago, keithmarilyn said:

Thanks. Was not aware of that. You actually tried that, right?

Yes, in July on Indy. As others have posted, some have been denied, but I learned about it here and more posters than not seem to have been able to use them.