Mask Mandate Ends for Crew

staceyglow

I wouldn't necessarily make the assumption that it is a fleet-wide announcement.  It MIGHT be.  But it might not be.  NCL has done it ship-by-ship, either as a phased in approach or using some sort of ship-by-ship metric to determine when a ship should unmask (i.e. crew positive covid numbers, for example).  They haven't revealed their reasoning.

I was on the NCL Dawn when they permitted the crew to start going maskless on about day 3 of the 10 day cruise.  Some other NCL ships were already maskless prior to my cruise starting.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I wouldn't necessarily make the assumption that it is a fleet-wide announcement.  It MIGHT be.  But it might not be.  NCL has done it ship-by-ship, either as a phased in approach or using some sort of ship-by-ship metric to determine when a ship should unmask (i.e. crew positive covid numbers, for example).  They haven't revealed their reasoning.

I was on the NCL Dawn when they permitted the crew to start going maskless on about day 3 of the 10 day cruise.  Some other NCL ships were already maskless prior to my cruise starting.

JH posted something on his page that leads me to believe it is fleet wide. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, staceyglow said:

We are currently on the Pride and the CD made the announcement this morning. I would assume this is a fleet-wide policy change. 

It's so great to see everyone's smiling face! 

Thank goodness.

I felt so uncomfortable watching the crew working so hard with the masks on last month.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, staceyglow said:

We are currently on the Pride and the CD made the announcement this morning. I would assume this is a fleet-wide policy change. 

It's so great to see everyone's smiling face! 

Our son and companions are on there with you! I had a message from him this morning about the announcement, so happy for the crew!  He said they are having a wonderful time and the weather has been great so far. Y’all enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, evandbob said:

If staff are indeed sufficiently inoculated with latest boosters, okay.  If they aren't, poor choice.

I'd like to see the actual factors involved in making this decision.  

Just let it go Bob. It's over!!

• Like 13