Limit One per Customer?

mfs2k

Do you think Celebrity should have the option to limit specialty dining to one reservation per restaurant on a sold out cruise so more people have the ability to experience high demand restaurants?

Edited by mfs2k

12 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Do you think Celebrity should have the option to limit specialty dining to one reservation per restaurant on a sold out cruise so more people have the ability to experience high demand restaurants?

Celebrity does have the option to limit people to one reservation per restaurant. They don't because that would cut into their onboard revenue.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

No.

7 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:
1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

They already do

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

What are they limiting? We have 2 Murano bookings on a upcoming cruise.

They already do have the option—they aren’t exercising it but they already could if they wished.  Their ship, their rules.   If and when they feel the need to limit reservations, they will.

3 hours ago, mfs2k said:

No because I am going on the Beyond Oct. 26th and I booked my 2 specialty restaurant back in February.  I have also booked my specialty restaurants for the October 23 Beyond transatlantic and March 2024 partial Panama Canal.  

• Like 1

When we sail Windstar, they limit you to one reservation per specialty venue per week (they are all free) and this allows everyone to enjoy the experience. On Celebrity, all the specialties are pay per use so why would they want to limit the experience and potentially reduce profits. In a perfect world, they would sell so many dining packages pre cruise that it would not allow for any walk ins except the top tier suites (dine for free). 

And why would the ship limit a passenger to how many specialty reservations they make? They want to fill to capacity and its up to the passengers to get what they want. Kind of saying you cant book more than one popular tour because…..

The ship obviously ‘limits’ how many can make reservations at set times. Theoretically they can limit someone but I’ve never seen, heard, read, experienced, etc, the ship not allowing anyone to book additional.

There are Many passengers who enjoy the specialty restaurants over and over, and a number of posters who have stated they Only dine at those. Myself? We book one per cruise, usually. 

First come, first booked. 

One time, I went to book the Eden which was pretty limited, and they offered me a discount to book the last night, which is usually lower use because so many are packing and getting ready to go off. We were on a B2B and jumped on it. 

Den

3 hours ago, mfs2k said:

I think Celebrity already has that option but they don’t choose to use it

I'm sure they could if they wanted to; however, I'm not sure how much of an issue people repetitively booking the same specialty reataurant really is.

If anything, I could see folks in the upper suites doing this since they get unlimited complimentary specialty dining.  That being said, is Celebrity really going to alienate these folks?

2 minutes ago, BOB999 said:

I could see folks in the upper suites doing this since they get unlimited complimentary specialty dining. 

We like to book a RS if the price is right and certainly enjoy the included specialty dining.  And admittedly, we typically dine in all of them at least once and Murano at least 2 times, if not three.  I don't know for certain, but my guess is that they leave some gaps in their reservation schedule to accommodate those in upper suites which may be the reason the planner shows no availability.  

I've only been on one Celebrity cruise so far, and I did Eden once with booking on board. I didn't look into any others.

I know Disney has chosen to limit ADVANCE reservations to their adult-only restaurants to once in each (well, one dinner and one brunch in each) reservation -but you can always check for more bookings once you're on board. And it's seemed to work ok for them. (The one exception I've seen - and I don't know if it's every time on the OG 4 ships or at all on the Wish is that if you book Palo for the first night in advance, you can book a second dinner in advance.)

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I've only been on one Celebrity cruise so far, and I did Eden once with booking on board. I didn't look into any others.

I know Disney has chosen to limit ADVANCE reservations to their adult-only restaurants to once in each (well, one dinner and one brunch in each) reservation -but you can always check for more bookings once you're on board. And it's seemed to work ok for them. (The one exception I've seen - and I don't know if it's every time on the OG 4 ships or at all on the Wish is that if you book Palo for the first night in advance, you can book a second dinner in advance.)

While we have been shut out of Palo for advanced bookings, we’ve always been able to get a reservation on embarkation day, and have even repeated later in the cruise if they had openings.

I don’t know if Celebrity holds any bookings back for embarkation, but Celebrity (and most cruise lines) also has more specialty restaurants and thus booking capacity than Disney. Our Apex sailing is four weeks out and each specialty restaurant still has capacity, though not at the best times.