What's it cost to make Pinnacle?

gkbiiii

Last year I met a gentleman in the Diamond Lounge, who told me it cost him $400,000 to make Pinnacle.  I got me to thinking, that a single passenger, for the World Cruise, could make this, the most economical way possible.  It got me to thinking, full suite passengers, could spend $1,000,000++ to reach Pinnacle.  Is this a reasonable estimate, how much do you all think the cash outlay is, as well as how long it on average takes to achieve?  

Too many variables. However, if booking as a solo with double points in the cheapest cabin for under $100/day, cruise fares would be about $35, 000 +gratuities and expense to get to ships. Or very much more depending on type of cabin booked.

• Like 1

Expense to get to ship is a big factor for many. I know back when loyalty points were figured differently Floridians living close to the ports could take 3 or 4 day cruises in inside cabins and climb the ranks quickly and relatively inexpensively. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, INeedVitaminSea said:

I have no idea expense-wise, but it would cost more time than I have left!

^^^ This! ^^^ We cruise only once a year. We cruise in balcony cabins or ocean view cabins. We've never cruised in a suite to collect double points. At this rate, I don't see Pinnacle in our futures. And quite honestly, I'm fine with that.

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, INeedVitaminSea said:

I have no idea expense-wise, but it would cost more time than I have left!

IMO the time would be a lot more difficult to budget. My annual leave isn’t going to make a dent in pinnacle and while I can work remotely, I have no interest in working while on a cruise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Last year I met a gentleman in the Diamond Lounge, who told me it cost him $400,000 to make Pinnacle.  I got me to thinking, that a single passenger, for the World Cruise, could make this, the most economical way possible.  It got me to thinking, full suite passengers, could spend $1,000,000++ to reach Pinnacle.  Is this a reasonable estimate, how much do you all think the cash outlay is, as well as how long it on average takes to achieve?  

The numbers look very inflated (at least based on what our cruise history shows). It took us 59 cruises to achieve Pinnacle, and every one of them was a priceless experience. YMMV

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zebra36 said:

Too many variables. However, if booking as a solo with double points in the cheapest cabin for under $100/day, cruise fares would be about $35, 000 +gratuities and expense to get to ships. Or very much more depending on type of cabin booked.

I see very few fares under $100 a day unless I fly to florida and maybe it's cheaper to go out of florida. I cant book for $100 a day and add in a $100 plus Galveston hotel and gas to get there. Used to before covid but not any more. Even carnival is over $100 a day out of texas.

I couldnt be gone endless months at a time. I'd worry about my house being broken into and I shop and drive my mom. 

I dont think pinnacle is within reach. Took me 20 years to hit 340 finally. And I have some good prices, and some closer to almost $200 a day coming up this dec. I think $150 is more the normal now even with discounts. 

Pinnacle seems very far away. 

2 hours ago, gerif said:

Expense to get to ship is a big factor for many. I know back when loyalty points were figured differently Floridians living close to the ports could take 3 or 4 day cruises in inside cabins and climb the ranks quickly and relatively inexpensively. 

It used to be a lot easier to make pinnacle.  Anyone know what the points requirement used to be when it was 1 point per cruise regardless of 3 night vs 7 night?  

2 minutes ago, topnole said:

It used to be a lot easier to make pinnacle.  Anyone know what the points requirement used to be when it was 1 point per cruise regardless of 3 night vs 7 night?  

100 cruises

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I see very few fares under $100 a day unless I fly to florida and maybe it's cheaper to go out of florida. I cant book for $100 a day and add in a $100 plus Galveston hotel and gas to get there. Used to before covid but not any more. Even carnival is over $100 a day out of texas.

I couldnt be gone endless months at a time. I'd worry about my house being broken into and I shop and drive my mom. 

I dont think pinnacle is within reach. Took me 20 years to hit 340 finally. And I have some good prices, and some closer to almost $200 a day coming up this dec. I think $150 is more the normal now even with discounts. 

Pinnacle seems very far away. 

I’m not sure where you are looking, but there are plenty of cruises available for under 100 day per person.  I’m seeing oasis class ships balconies for less than 100 a day.  Insides and window cabins even cheaper.  There are lots of cheap ones out there for those wanting a budget friendly cruise.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Last year I met a gentleman in the Diamond Lounge, who told me it cost him $400,000 to make Pinnacle.

I can't read/hear about people bragging about how much money they spend and not think of the greatest scene in movie history...

You see this watch???

652e5e8d-2842-4e63-aad8-7eebe767c7b6_screenshot.thumb.jpg.1d2d2152b764e4cf51353f0b7f6d07e9.jpg

• Haha 3

Not sure of people's math, but two people sailing 350 nights in a suite with an average of 300/night is only $210,000.  And in my experience, $300/night for a JS is quite high- we look for $200/nt.

If you are in a balcony for $150/night for 700 nights for two is also $210,000.

How that becomes $700k seems tough.  Let alone $1M.

$700k is the same as $1000/night for 700 nights(up to balcony), or $2000/night for 350 nights (Suite). Or for a couple, $500/n-pp for 700 nights and $1000/n-pp for 350 nights.

Someone is doing odd math or sailing as expensive as it gets.

$400,000 seems very,very high unless he stays only in full suites and even that seems high.  We only stay in JS and we currently have 491 points.  I don't think it's cost us $150,000 and we started in GS and now only stay in JS.  We've only been in a regular balcony cabin one time.  

13 minutes ago, topnole said:

I’m not sure where you are looking, but there are plenty of cruises available for under 100 day per person.  I’m seeing oasis class ships balconies for less than 100 a day.  Insides and window cabins even cheaper.  There are lots of cheap ones out there for those wanting a budget friendly cruise.  

Are you talking pp or solo? I'm solo. I have 2 close to that the rest I've booked are more. Allure is currently the 7 day ship out of Galveston which as I said if I fly to florida costs even more over all. I did say only Galveston.  If I find these cruise you are talking about I'm there! Just not seeing them. Of course including port fees and taxes. And then harmony comes in. My cheapest inside balcony is 995 on harmony. This dec im like 1259 but its Broadway..but almost that for cp. 

Maybe you missed I'm only talking Galveston..or can show me what you mean. $100 a day is very hard to find. 

20 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I can't read/hear about people bragging about how much money they spend and not think of the greatest scene in movie history...

You see this watch???

652e5e8d-2842-4e63-aad8-7eebe767c7b6_screenshot.thumb.jpg.1d2d2152b764e4cf51353f0b7f6d07e9.jpg

Great scene . Very motivational. Coffee is for closers only .🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since my wife and I did not start cruising till about 5 years ago. The idea becoming Pinnacle was never even considered. We did however want to become Diamond to get some of the associated perks. We just got to Diamond after our last cruise due to thanks in part with Royal's double points promotion. We could in theory in about 5-10 years get to Diamond plus, but for us Pinnacle is too hard to obtain. I respect anyone who has achieved that status no matter how they did it.

• Like 4

Based on what we have spent so far for cruising, it would cost us a total of $161,405 to make pinnacle. Currently D+. Majority inside cabins with a few balconies and a GS. Driving 66% and flying 34% to cruise ports. We cruise off peak. (Does not take inflation into consideration going forward.)

Edited by WeatherFx

42 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Are you talking pp or solo? I'm solo. I have 2 close to that the rest I've booked are more. Allure is currently the 7 day ship out of Galveston which as I said if I fly to florida costs even more over all. I did say only Galveston.  If I find these cruise you are talking about I'm there! Just not seeing them. Of course including port fees and taxes. And then harmony comes in. My cheapest inside balcony is 995 on harmony. This dec im like 1259 but its Broadway..but almost that for cp. 

Maybe you missed I'm only talking Galveston..or can show me what you mean. $100 a day is very hard to find. 

Didn’t realize you are talking solo.  Since you are paying either double or 50% more depending on your status it’s obviously going to cost way more.  Kind of an apples to oranges comparison.