Anyone notice any Black Friday deals on drink packages or excursions?

kimberlym4

4 minutes ago, CFLRetired said:

I received the email for the advance notice for Black Friday sales.  My drink package on a January cruise went up to $89 and dropped to $70 for the sale.  I currently have it for $65.  I love these sales.  

I thought the sale started tomorrow. I got the 24 sale email but nothing on sale.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I thought the sale started tomorrow. I got the 24 sale email but nothing on sale.

I too got the email, but my soda packages and internet have not dropped.  Actually a few excursions I booked yesterday were cheaper than they are today!

36 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Supposedly C and A members can get the pricing today.

I think that is for Black Friday deals on cruises themselves, not the cruise planner items.  At least from what I can tell when I log in and look.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

I checked all my booked cruises and no discounts for me.  Most of my cruises are booked with my TA's group space and rarely do I ever see a discount beyond that price.

I see a small price drop on mine, but I'm not going to bother my TA for what amounts to less than $40.  I figure their time is worth more than that.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

I think that is for Black Friday deals on cruises themselves, not the cruise planner items.  At least from what I can tell when I log in and look.  

This is the right answer.  I think some are conflating two different emails.  One indicated that cruise planner sales begin tomorrow and then there was a second email indicating that C and A members get 24 hour early access sales on new cruises.  I still think we'll see a decrease in prices in the cruise planner starting tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

This is the right answer.  I think some are conflating two different emails.  One indicated that cruise planner sales begin tomorrow and then there was a second email indicating that C and A members get 24 hour early access sales on new cruises.  I still think we'll see a decrease in prices in the cruise planner starting tomorrow. 

I think so too. I'm only looking at excursions in the cruise planner and said I dont see any lower prices in my planner and someone replied to me about maybe a price drop for a cruise.

I think people are posting and confused.

I'm waiting to book another excursion. The first to see locks was a for sure and I didnt want to take a chance. I also see where right after I booked they lowered the discount by 5%. I think rcl is playing games to not have to match lower prices. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Agree. I've been checking prices in the planner for various sailing over the last few days, to get a 'baseline' for when the BF planner sales actually appear.    

• Like 1

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/22006177_November_Black_Friday_Consumer_Flyer_US_HR_EF.pdf

OFFER DETAILS

Booking Window:

• Crown & Anchor Exclusive Preview Sale Thursday, November 17, 2022!
  • All other guests can book this rich offer starting November 18 – 22, 2022!

Sailing Window: All sailings departing on or after December 18, 2022

Offer details: Up to $600 instant savings

Terms and Conditions

*Price is per person, in USD, cruise only, applies to select sailings, interior stateroom, based on double-occupancy, and reflects any promotional savings. Save $600 Black Friday Early Access Sale applies to new bookings made on November 17, 2022 for Crown and Anchor preview and November 18 – 22, 2022 for all other guests (“Offer Period”) on sailings departing on or after December 18, 2022 and provides instant savings of up to $600 USD per stateroom. Savings amount varies by stateroom category booked and sailing length as follows, 5 nights or less, $75 USD savings for Interior and Ocean View, $125 USD for Balconies, and $200 USD for Suites; 6 nights or longer, $100 USD savings for Interior and Ocean View, $150 USD for Balconies, and $600 USD for Suites. Instant savings applied as instant rebate to the price of cruise fare at checkout. Instant savings do not apply to China departures. Nonrefundable Deposit Bookings (“NRDB”): All deposit payments for NRDB bookings made after May 31, 2022 are non-refundable from the time of booking. Combinability: Save $600 Black Friday Early Access Sale is combinable with 30% Off Every Guest and Kids Sail Free as well as with promotional OBCs, Next Cruise offers, Instant Savings, restricted discounts (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military), Promo Code driven offers, Free Upgrades, Shareholder Benefits, but not combinable with Ultimate World Cruise and Crown and Anchor discounts. Resident rates apply to select states on select sailings; valid state of residence must be provided at time of booking. General Terms: All other charges, including, but not limited to, taxes, fees, and port expenses, are additional and apply to all guests. Instant savings amount shown in USD will be converted to currency used for cruise purchase. Savings applied to cruise fare at checkout. Instant savings will be reflected in checkout as “Dollars Off” or “Savings.” Onboard Credit will be reflected in checkout as “Ship Spend” or “Ship Credit.” Onboard credit and instant savings do not apply to China departures. OBC is in USD, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. After the offer period, the offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking or rebooks into a new booking on the same ship and sail date, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the offer. The offer applies to new, individual and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates. Individual reservations may be transferred into an existing group, assuming required criteria are met; full deposit will be required at time of transfer. Failure to apply the required full deposit amount may result in the cancellation of the booking. Single occupancy guests paying 200% cruise fare are eligible for full amount of offer; single occupancy guests paying less than 200% cruise fare are eligible for a prorated amount of the offer. Offer available to residents of United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and select countries in the Caribbean. Prices and offers are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Refer to www.RoyalCaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. ©2022 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships’ registry: Bahamas.

•  
  • SEARCH ALL MARKETING TOOLS

• MARKETING

Edited by molly361

2 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Agree. I've been checking prices in the planner for various sailing over the last few days, to get a 'baseline' for when the BF planner sales actually appear.    

I've got a list on a spread sheet of everything I want to book and the current prices, the previous sale prices and a blank spot for whatever we see tomorrow.  We'll see what the savings turn out to be.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

OK, so tomorrow for cruise planner items? Or next week? I need my soda package discount. Lol. 

I think tomorrow.  I had previously posted that we should expect to see it Wednesday based on previous years experience.  However, It would appear based on the email that it starts tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Royal fixed the App and I could see all 8 of our cruises that are booked, I would take a few minutes to look at prices and maybe buy some stuff.

Royal does not think there are any issues with the App, but it’s been broke for weeks now.

logging out, logging back in 👎🏻

uninstalling and reinstalling 👎🏻
It will work for most who only have one cruise planned, I know of at least 13 other people that can’t see anymore than one of their booked cruises.

I know I can use the internet, I know I can call and wait online for hours to speak to a CSR.

Just think if the App worked and functioned 💯 they would or could make more money 

RC are you out there 😳

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

If Royal fixed the App and I could see all 8 of our cruises that are booked, I would take a few minutes to look at prices and maybe buy some stuff.

Royal does not think there are any issues with the App, but it’s been broke for weeks now.

logging out, logging back in 👎🏻

uninstalling and reinstalling 👎🏻
It will work for most who only have one cruise planned, I know of at least 13 other people that can’t see anymore than one of their booked cruises.

I know I can use the internet, I know I can call and wait online for hours to speak to a CSR.

Just think if the App worked and functioned 💯 they would or could make more money 

RC are you out there 😳

The app isn't really the best for Cruise Planner things anyway. It's more useful and designed for onboard usage.  It's a replacement for the Cruise Compass, for the most part.  At least that's how it is for now, but more functionality does keep slowly being added.  

Edited by rockmom

15 minutes ago, rockmom said:

The app isn't really the best for Cruise Planner things anyway. It's more useful and designed for onboard usage.  It's a replacement for the Cruise Compass, for the most part.  At least that's how it is for now, but more functionality does keep slowly being added.  

I agree with you for the most part, it becomes much better and works better once you are on your sailing

And is a very good alternative to the paper cruise planner 👍🏻

Aa a big company you would like to think they would want all of their technology and sales channels operational 💯 

regardless.

So the options that are there for consumers to use In App and purchase items for upcoming cruises. 
If that functionality only works for one cruise , that limits the user who wishes to use the App route to not buying more 

Also agree the App is continually updating and more functions are added 

Unfortunately when something is added, there always seems to be the knock on effect of breaking something that was not broken.

BETA testing probably never occurs

OP here.  I received both emails too.  For the cruise fare one that started today, I tried to "book" our cruise again using the early bird/"skip the line" link.  There was a $2 difference between the new and old booking.  I think we already have a decent deal on our balcony room so I'm not really disappointed - just annoyed at the "sale".  I am hoping for better luck with our drink package tomorrow.  $85 a day seems really pricey.  Fingers crossed for discounts tomorrow on drinks and excursions.

• Like 1