Anyone notice any Black Friday deals on drink packages or excursions?

kimberlym4

Not sure when/if they might begin but I've heard that there could be deals for Black Friday.  Our 4-night January sailing on Mariner is holding constant at $83.99 for the deluxe drink package so far.  Just wondering if over the next week or so anyone else notices any deals and what those deals might be.

Edited by kimberlym4

2 hours ago, kimberlym4 said:

Not sure when/if they might begin but I've heard that there could be deals for Black Friday.  Our 4-night January sailing on Mariner is holding constant at $83.99 for the deluxe drink package so far.  Just wondering if over the next week or so anyone else notices any deals and what those deals might be.

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I think the Black Friday sales are supposed to start November 18

Dan

Black Friday sales typically start on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  That'll be the 23rd. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Good Post Researcher, 

Q - I cant remember exactly how many days before the cruise they stop add ons to purchase for your cruise? I kind of remember its 2 days? 

1 hour ago, Welly9 said:

Good Post Researcher, 

Q - I cant remember exactly how many days before the cruise they stop add ons to purchase for your cruise? I kind of remember its 2 days? 

At least for the beverage packages it's 72 hours, per RCCL's website

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/beverage-package-cancellation-policy

12 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Black Friday sales typically start on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  That'll be the 23rd. 

Yeah, I pulled the 18th date from a different website but looks like you are much closer to being accurate based on last year (and other years).  So maybe the 21st-23rd we'll see some info.

Hopefully I can reprice our 2023 cruises, and I typically wait for our soda packages until Black Friday as well.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 6:41 PM, kimberlym4 said:

Ours too - and we sail Dec 19.   

Oddly the DBP is $79.99 on Allure next year.    How and why is Mariner so much more??   The pricing is baffling

I look everyday.  I have an Alaskan cruise and new excursions show up in general, but I have a list with prices and already I have saved without it being Black Friday. Excursions can be tricky because they can sell out and luckily I don't have an excursion with my whole party, so if I see a lower price I pretend to sign someone up to see if there are spots to cancel and rebook. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Hmm, I didn't get that email.  I got a bunch of others about Kids Sail Free and more about Europe being open for booking.  But not this one.  

Lol. I hope that doesn't surprise you that e mails don't go out to everyone.....marketing is up there on the same level as their IT dept.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/15/2022 at 10:24 AM, The Fun Researcher said:

At least for the beverage packages it's 72 hours, per RCCL's website

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/beverage-package-cancellation-policy

Somewhere in between 2 and 3 days. Im cruising on Saturday (3 days from now). Earlier today I could check prices on the cruise planner, but when I checked just now (11:24pm eastern time), I get this message:

04A55D83-A6F1-4FF7-A71A-E712B4C1EDD5.thumb.jpeg.704b185fafbb15544f3e6a28cdd5e1d0.jpeg

4 hours ago, rockmom said:

Hmm, I didn't get that email.  I got a bunch of others about Kids Sail Free and more about Europe being open for booking.  But not this one.  

I didn’t get it either but I did get one this morning announcing early access to the Black Friday sale, and guess what? Their definition of "best" doesn't coincide with mine. Surprise, surprise.

I can get $100 off an interior or an ocean view but as soon as I pick a balcony cabin that discount goes away, presumably because you can't use it in conjunction with the C&A balcony discount. 

On 11/15/2022 at 12:27 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

Yeah, I pulled the 18th date from a different website but looks like you are much closer to being accurate based on last year (and other years).  So maybe the 21st-23rd we'll see some info.

Hopefully I can reprice our 2023 cruises, and I typically wait for our soda packages until Black Friday as well.

Dan

Just for hope.....last year we got an AMAZING deal on lowering our cruise to Alaska last year Wednesday before thanksgiving for an inside, and then on Friday we saw an even better deal on a balcony.....the website was advertising “different” (named differently) sales both those days....

so so I encourage people to check every day! (I can’t remember the cruise planner sales, but we didn’t do any packages and only did two excursions with the line)

6 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I didn’t get it either but I did get one this morning announcing early access to the Black Friday sale, and guess what? Their definition of "best" doesn't coincide with mine. Surprise, surprise.

I can get $100 off an interior or an ocean view but as soon as I pick a balcony cabin that discount goes away, presumably because you can't use it in conjunction with the C&A balcony discount. 

I hear you! I went in and checked on the prices of my currently booked cruises. ALL but the Dec 2023 one were more.  The Alaskan cruise was  charging for 1 cabin ( 2 people) what I paid for for 2 cabins (4 people) back in April.  

• Like 1

EXCLUSIVE 24-HOUR ADVANCE NOTICE
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.royalcaribbe

This Thanksgiving season, we’re extra grateful for you! And because your loyalty
means so much to us, we’re giving our Crown & Anchor® Society members first dibs
on our biggest sale ever. Take advantage today and snag incredible savings
on your next adventure.

so this is notice that my cruise went up 100 bucks from booking. and this is the biggest sale EVER? sigh