Surf & Stream - Black Friday

eggnoodle

Hello,

I've only had 1 device in previous sailings, but with the black friday promo I want to have 2 device under my name. It's currently $14.99/day per device and $11.99 per additional device. This is for a 8-night sailing.

1st device would be $14.99 x 8 = $119.92

additional device - $11.99 x 8 = $95.92

Total cost is $215.84

But when I went to select 2 device the total came to $239.84 ($119.92 x 2).  

I called C&A and was told that I need to book the 1st device and then onboard I would be able to book additional devices at $11.99.  I don't see it written anywhere on the cruise planner that $11.99 will be honor onboard. She insisted that the promo will be on my seapass.

Is this how booking additional devices work in the past? Somehow my spidey sense tells me that's not how it works. Like I mentioned, I've only had 1 device in prior sailings so I don't have experience with additional devices.

Thanks for any feedback/comments on how all this works!

I've never seen a promo work like that. I had the same issue. I decided to book one device for two people, rather than two devices for one. It was only a $14 difference for the 7-night cruise. The pricing is definitely weird. Especially since if you book 3 devices for one person, you get the $11.99 pricing fir devices 2 and 3.

24 minutes ago, Ashland said:

The internet pricing is weird. It used to be a better deal to book one person 2 devices...am I the only one that see's it's better to book one per person now ???

it does seem it's better to book individually, at least in this scenario. 

Im thinking  Classic Soda And VOOM One Device for $18.99 for one person is enough, don't think my Wife and I have to be on the internet at the same time anyway.

16 night cruise is  $303......I think that is enough to spend on the internet.

If we were to get just internet for each of us , it would be $479.68 total...that is way to much just so we can both be on at the same time isn't it? $14.99 per person each day.

VOOM SURF + STREAM Internet Package

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

The internet pricing is weird. It used to be a better deal to book one person 2 devices...am I the only one that see's it's better to book one per person now ???

I am able to book 1 person 2 devices for a little less than during the Labor Day sale. No problems booking it  and the math seems to be fine. Just cancelled and rebooked 4 other things for cheaper as well. BUT, dining packages have not budged, ugh. Sailing next month. Oh, and Thrill water Park is only $43 and the Beach club is coming up as $88, although I did see someone post it for even less than that I think. 

Edited by blueslily

I have the same issue. Zoom surf + stream for 1 device is $15.99/day. It says each additional person is $13.99/day (which should be $359.76 for a 12-day cruise). 

Instead, it's charging me $383.76, which is $15.99/day for each person.

When I try to do 2 devices for 1 person instead, it's the same price ($383.76).

They're only over-charging by $24 so it's not a huge deal, but it's not what's being advertised. I'm assuming they're getting lots of phone calls about these issues and they'll hopefully fix the website before the sale is over, so I'm just gonna wait and see if it fixes itself in a couple days. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

I was hoping that all of this might be due to the "technical issues" Royal was having yesterday, but I just did a mock booking and the total was not correct according to the prices they were listing for my cruise (15.99 per day for device one and 13.99 per day for device two).  I would be very nervous to book just one device and wait to see what price they charged to add the second device once onboard.  

For our two cruises, for one person the 1 device and 3 device package math out correctly with the additional devices at $11.99 per day.  But, the 2 and 4 device package the math is not right.  Don't remember which was which now, but one worked out to over $14 pd and the other to over $15 pd for the extra devices.

I'm getting charged $13.99 for devices 2-4 ($14.99 for first device). For my 7 night cruise, it comes out only $21 more for us TOTAL to each have our own separate Voom access. If they don't fix the pricing, I'd rather just keep separate log in/devices. I guess I need to call to see if they'll honor the sale price (still currently advertised). 

I tried to sign up for internet yesterday and was told there was a problem with my cc and to re enter my info. I now have two charges on my credit card and no confirmation of any internet. Called RC today and was told there were internet problems but all would be fixed in two hours. That was over 6 hours ago and still no change. 

1 minute ago, SueBee0 said:

I tried to sign up for internet yesterday and was told there was a problem with my cc and to re enter my info. I now have two charges on my credit card and no confirmation of any internet. Called RC today and was told there were internet problems but all would be fixed in two hours. That was over 6 hours ago and still no change. 

I had the same thing with with a UDP purchase.  I was told that it was a temporary hold and that it would drop off in a few days.  Apparently yesterday was a zoo with IT problems.  Today all my purchases have gone through.  I used a different credit card just to make sure there was no issue with charges going through that looked like the one that needs to drop off.

Just found one of my cruises has the opposite issue.  Shows one device at $15.99/day, additional $13.99/day.

Added one person, two devices and the total price comes out equal to $15.99 for the 1st and $11.99/day for the 2nd.  Pricing that way a lot less than two persons each with one device.

As with any sale, YMMV.

19 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I had the same thing with with a UDP purchase.  I was told that it was a temporary hold and that it would drop off in a few days.  Apparently yesterday was a zoo with IT problems.  Today all my purchases have gone through.  I used a different credit card just to make sure there was no issue with charges going through that looked like the one that needs to drop off.

Thanks. Think I will wait until early next week to see if their system has improved