The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday November 26th, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, lobsternight said:

What a wonderful thread this is, just discovered it a few days ago. Should be on a Ultimate Caribbean cruise right now, but had to cancel due to a temporary health issue, so here I am.

I have just booked our first cruise with HAL, very excited to try it out. We started cruising years ago with NCL, but have been almost exclusively with Celebrity the last 10 years. This April 30th will be our 30th Anniversary,  so I am going to surprise my DW.  Will let her know after her birthday in January. I was looking for a sailing departing the 30th, and am actually excited for a lot of other itineraries HAL offers, so its a 1 week Alaska test cruise.

So quickly, its Rob and Sue from Vancouver BC.  I was retired, got talked into coming back, and love it.  DW has a small business, will probably shut it down in a few years, until then I will make more fun money. 

Once again, wonderful posts, and quick question: Does HAL have lobster nights? Its a thing for me.

A big welcome Rob and Sue from Graham and Pauline in England UK.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.   We made it home this afternoon and it will be nice to sleep in my own bed.  I don't sleep well in hotels. I'm not sure what's for dinner but will probably be takeout. 

So one of the furry children tried to stream shows while we were away. The sitter sent me a picture of the TV on.  Interrogations will be held later, main suspect is she with three paws.  Now how to cat proof the TV.:-).

It was nice driving Thursday and Ftiday nights and seeing lots of homes decorated for Christmas.   

Yesterday we spent the day with the grandkids and DS.  

DH and the grandkids. 

20221125_111838.thumb.jpg.e5147732e0a5c8cc118aad17c01aa947.jpg

• Like 21

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sharon, I also try to avoid the negative thread.  The key lime pie is one of the easiest to make.    I guess part of that is I buy the ready made graham cracker crusts, and key lime juice from one of the shops in Key West.  Actually, their key lime juice can be found in many grocery stores.

Well, I just broke my own rule. 

Do you have a brand name for the key lime juice?  Oh, and a recipe?

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Congratulations to everyone, especially Mom & Dad!  Love the name Ethan!  

Welcome to the Daily!  And how appropriate on Local Small Business Day.  HAL doesn’t have a “lobster” night any longer, however the Pinnacle Grill has a fantastic Lobster tail for an up charge during some sailings in certain regions. 

DF9A6D74-D5D6-4BAD-9AFA-6732F3EE95D1.thumb.jpeg.4d1674cf3b1b27d852379ac43476d81b.jpeg

It was huge and very delicious. Best lobster tail I’ve ever had. 

However, it probably won’t be offered in the Pinnacle Grill during your sailing since you will be in Alaska. It’s usually crab legs in Alaska, which is also amazing. Also an up charge item but worth every penny. 

ABACB7CE-B8AD-40F0-93A2-D8FF1D6F87AB.thumb.jpeg.d1eb8cf5debf1ba2a6331a3cd9c5a372.jpeg

That is what I thought, oh well will just have to upgrade.  Your photos are killing me. We are spoiled as we can just get out on our boat and pick up fresh Dungeness Crab year round. Can't get enough.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

As far as the roof leak, we will get the contractor out once things settle down.  We have a couple of ideas for him to check.  If they are not the problem, the next step will be to open the ceiling to try to find where the leak is.  Right now, that is not a great option, so we'll just live with the leak like we've been doing for the past few years.  At least, this morning, no water dripped from the ceiling and the cookies were safe.

Hope it can be figured out and it’s not an expensive undertaking 🤞 that would be so frustrating.

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

We’re also dog sitting so life is busier than usual, lol!   She is on guard, although was not too happy about the deer at 2:30 am!  

ABC7CC4B-326F-4E21-8237-F7E8B2841708.jpeg

6C9E8BB1-70D3-44F5-B7D6-61307F8ADADA.jpeg

She is gorgeous.  I envy you dog sitting .

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Baby Ethan was welcomed into the world at 9 am. Mom and baby are well.

Wonderful!  What a blessing.  Congrats to all.  What a joy Ethan will be ♥️ 

1 hour ago, lobsternight said:

So quickly, its Rob and Sue from Vancouver BC.  I was retired, got talked into coming back, and love it.  DW has a small business, will probably shut it down in a few years, until then I will make more fun money. 

Once again, wonderful posts, and quick question: Does HAL have lobster nights? Its a thing for me.

Welcome to the Daily 🙂 

Lobster is available for an upcharge - if you have a Sel de Mer on your cruise - go for it there.  It’s available at the PG too.

23 minutes ago, Cat in my lap said:

Good afternoon!  Thanks for Daily report, recipes, photos and info!

We leave tomorrow for a brief getaway to Key Largo!  

Best wishes to all!

Safe travels to you.  enjoy 🙂 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 0106 said:

@Sharon in AZ This is the best key lime juice.  My local grocery store stocks it.  I’ve also seen it at Walmart, expensive but worth it.  I don’t use meringue on my pie but here is a link to the recipe from the Nellie & Joe bottle.

https://keylimejuice.com/key-lime-meringue-pie/

7EBDD306-0503-47A5-86D9-BEF358C3B625.thumb.jpeg.30151f08fb4351d3d34cec94e6227af9.jpeg

Thank you!

• Like 5

Today's sunrise is from a 2013 combination starting with the Crystal Symphony New York to Miami and then MS Prinsendam to the Amazon and back.  November 26 was part of the interlude between ships in Fort Lauderdale.

dawn1126.jpeg

Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

I did manage to get my few outdoor decorations up this afternon.

No real change in BFF's Dad. I will go in with him tomorrow when he visits.

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Congratulations to all!

2 hours ago, lobsternight said:

What a wonderful thread this is, just discovered it a few days ago. Should be on a Ultimate Caribbean cruise right now, but had to cancel due to a temporary health issue, so here I am.

Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Dinner tonight.

It all looks delicious! 

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

DH and the grandkids. 

Great photo. Welcome home.

1 hour ago, Cat in my lap said:

We leave tomorrow for a brief getaway to Key Largo!  

Have a great time!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

So today was a fruitful day.

Jim and I went furniture shopping for our living room.

I had seen a picture of something I liked and we went to the store to look for it.  We were lucky in that they did have most of it in stock and had a Black Friday Sale of 15% off.  So we ended up with a bargain.  Also since we put half deposit down, they will hold it until we are ready for it.  So we don’t have to worry about it not being in stock when we need it.

The only item not available was the ottoman/cocktail table.  They are not sure if they can get it.  If not, Wayfair has it and I wail order it from them.  However, they are more expensive.

Here is a picture of what I ordered today.  We are so excited about it.

Terri

3F99EB83-EDBF-4C14-908A-C1B3B4AEE36D.jpeg

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 26

I have just booked our first cruise with HAL, very excited to try it out. We started cruising years ago with NCL, but have been almost exclusively with Celebrity the last 10 years. This April 30th will be our 30th Anniversary,  so I am going to surprise my DW.  Will let her know after her birthday in January. I was looking for a sailing departing the 30th, and am actually excited for a lot of other itineraries HAL offers, so its a 1 week Alaska test cruise.

Welcome to the Daily and Fleet Report.

Roy

• Like 10

@puppycanducruisethere is a weight limit, but I have no idea what it is; they let our 7 year old go by himself, by Dad accompanied the little guy and found that the speed slowed down when the weight increased.  Not that they're fast anyway, but you get the idea.

@Seasick Sailorcongratulations on the new family member!

@lobsternightwelcome to the Daily; we're a pretty friendly group here!

@Cruising-alongHappy Angel Birthday to your Dad.

The porcupine balls are cooking as we speak . . . the kitchen still looks like a bomb went off, with both boys helping.  LOL

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Welcome to the Daily.  We hope you like it here.  We are a fun group and everyone is welcome.

Terri

• Like 12

The Volendam is moving slowly along as we head into the Amazon and stop in Macapa for pilots and money managers (haha) tomorrow morning.

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruisergreat photos today of Vietnam.  Sorry about your roof leak.  Always an annoyance.  And I hope Steve is coming home as scheduled next week.

Joy @Seasick Sailorcongrats to the family on Baby Ethan's birth!

@Cruising-alongRogue and Pepper look so cute together.  Looks like a friendship happening there.

Welcome to @lobsternight!  Glad you found us!

Graham @grapau27looks like a nice dinner!

@AncientWandererHarvard, eh?  I'll keep you posted.  More scouting events happening coming up soon, such as in Palm Springs in about 2 weeks.  They might have many offers coming.

Looks like Michigan ran away with it at the end.  Congrats to the Wolverines and the Dawgs for winning their games.  Condolences to the Buckeyes including our DD.😢

Off to the Ocean Bar before dinner!!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I had seen a picture of something I liked and we went to the store to look for it.  We were lucky in that they did have most of it in stock and had a Black Friday Sale of 15% off.  So we ended up with a bargain.  Also since we put half deposit down, they will hold it until we are ready for it.  So we don’t have to worry about it not being in stock when we need it.

The only item not available was the ottoman/cocktail table.  They are not sure if they can get it.  If not, Wayfair has it and I wail order it from them.  However, they are more expensive.

Terri

The furniture is nice, but I would think twice about the ottoman as a cocktail/coffee table.  Imagine the hassle if a drink or food were to spill in it's less than flat surface.

Ray

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

As far as the roof leak, we will get the contractor out once things settle down.  We have a couple of ideas for him to check.  If they are not the problem, the next step will be to open the ceiling to try to find where the leak is.  Right now, that is not a great option, so we'll just live with the leak like we've been doing for the past few years.  At least, this morning, no water dripped from the ceiling and the cookies were safe.

It is always something with a house.  Our gas log fireplace suddenly decided not to light.  We tried lighting it manually, but no go.  We're saving that for tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Saturday from Beautiful Tucson. DGD has been with us since Thanksgiving and we are really enjoying having her around even though she spends too much time on her phone.  I made her favorite no knead bread last night, it makes wonderful grilled cheese sandwiches.

She probably enjoys just having  you close by.  She's at that age where the friends take precedence, but the security of having Nonni and Papa close by is needed.

6 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Sharon, so far we’re all ok but it’s only been 2 days. Grandsons mom is recovering from a bad concussion, Sam has had it twice but was also exposed upmclose and personal. It’s a wait and see game now.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Congratulations!

5 hours ago, lobsternight said:

Welcome to the Daily thread, Rob and Sue.  Glad to have you join us.

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.   We made it home this afternoon and it will be nice to sleep in my own bed.  I don't sleep well in hotels. I'm not sure what's for dinner but will probably be takeout. 

So one of the furry children tried to stream shows while we were away. The sitter sent me a picture of the TV on.  Interrogations will be held later, main suspect is she with three paws.  Now how to cat proof the TV.:-).

It was nice driving Thursday and Ftiday nights and seeing lots of homes decorated for Christmas.   

Yesterday we spent the day with the grandkids and DS.  

DH and the grandkids. 

Cute kids.  Smart cat.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I did manage to get my few outdoor decorations up this afternon.

No real change in BFF's Dad. I will go in with him tomorrow when he visits.

Thanks for letting us know, Vanessa.  

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Terri

I like, I like, I like!

@StLouisCruisers Congratulations to Ren and Colton.  

@Cruising-along We will always miss our Dads.  There are times when we can feel their presence.

Sue and I did 3.5 miles out at the nature center today.  Great hiking weather.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Definitely blessed to be in a position where our family can support small business.  These are also the people who give so much back to the community as well.  The small grocery store who hires special needs, the business association that funds festivals and kids activities year round.  The merchants that help with fundraisers and charities.  Not to mention the great personal service.

I am in construction, and usually brown bag it.  One of my current projects is causing a lot of hardship on the small businesses.  A lot of us have taken to do what we can, buy meals and services, try to help out where we can.

• Like 8

There’s a lot of angst on the Royal Caribbean thread about 2 separate issues. The 2 ships in Tampa were fogged out and couldn’t dock till late this afternoon. People missed flights. New pax told not to arrive till 8pm.A real mess. 

Wonder if the Seas had a medical emergency yesterday morning and diverted to San Juan. Bottom line is ship is arriving 1 day late to Port Canaveral. (4am Monday) People are claiming they will lose their jobs due to this. Flights will be a major issue. Not sure if they have considered their flights could have been cancelled regardless.  Some people need a reality check.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1