When Should you log into VOOM after embarkation?

33 minutes ago, ballarinamom said:

When should we log into VOOM? Immediately after getting the code in our stateroom or closer to sailaway?

It should work as soon as you board. There's no code in your cabin. When you set up your login the system already knows you bought Voom.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Gabrielle R. said:

I have a question about setting up the account: WHERE does one go to set up VOOM? To login in, set pin? 
thanks for any information 

I set it up via the app. There should be a Voom link on the app, and it will ask if it’s your first time. Click that and it will prompt you with log on questions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gabrielle R. said:

I have a question about setting up the account: WHERE does one go to set up VOOM? To login in, set pin? 

Typically opening a browser and going to login.com (or onboardicafe.com) should bring up the page for the set up.

Don't panic if you can't. We were on two different RCI ships recently and everyone was having problems logging on when first boarding. The internet kiosk's were crowded but everyone was told be patient and sure enough this problem was cleared up quickly both times. So it can happen.

• Like 2

On a recent Quantum B2B there I encountered two issues with WIFI.

1.  My VPN interfered with some of the features of the App.  I ended up having to disable the VPN on my iPhone to get the app to show all the updates. 

2.  On turn around day they had an issue getting the new passenger information loaded and WIFI did not start working until around 1100 - 1130.  

Different question:

If you have the 1 device option, can you change devices during the cruise?  I bought it in case I have to log in on my work computer but will probably only need it a couple of times.  

Normally the ship VOOM was so slow I’d wait until after sailaway to log in for good so I could keep up with things until then.  

Saturday in Miami on Symphony it was fast enough that I just logged in upon boarding and didn’t feel the need to go back off.

Just now, Liljo22 said:

Different question:

If you have the 1 device option, can you change devices during the cruise?  I bought it in case I have to log in on my work computer but will probably only need it a couple of times.  

Yes, one device at a time, but in the past my wife and I each used it on our iPhones and iPads at separate times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liljo22 said:

Different question:

Yes, when you log in the other device the app will ask if you want to kick the other one off.  Otherwise, you can "logout.com" on the connected device and "login.com" on the second device.  Either way is very easy.  

We had the free WiFi for two devices.  When I first logged in the app asked if I wanted to sign us both in and create an account name and PIN.  DW wanted to do her own, so I just logged in mine.  I'm not sure but this created an issue when she went to log in and create her account.  This entailed a trip to Voom desk to get straightened out.   

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 10:51 PM, Spurschick said:

Make sure you are on airplane mode as well

You have to be on airplane mode to use the wifi??  I don't get that.

On 11/30/2022 at 10:15 AM, crzndeb said:

I set it up via the app. There should be a Voom link on the app, and it will ask if it’s your first time. Click that and it will prompt you with log on questions.

I took a RC cruise in 2018 and purchased wifi.  Does this mean it's NOT my first time?  Would there be something saved from back then, or should I say it's my first time?

3 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

Different question:

yes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katems75 said:

You have to be on airplane mode to use the wifi??  I don't get that.

I took a RC cruise in 2018 and purchased wifi.  Does this mean it's NOT my first time?  Would there be something saved from back then, or should I say it's my first time?

I'ts asking if it's your first time logging on for that pkg & cruise. Nothing to do with prior cruises :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

Different question:

Yes, I use one device/account and use it for my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Air.  What I am doing determines which device I use it on.  

• Like 1