So today....I'm going to be a critic

chill6x6

27 minutes ago, chill6x6 said:

So....so far I've been on hold for one hour and seventeen minutes....with Royal Caribbean and counting. I also called NCL....was done in eleven minutes.

What a joke...  

You gotta know when to hold them and when to fold.............Takes longer for some to learn...........

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You gotta know when to hold them and when to fold.............Takes longer for some to learn...........

So like Tuesday when I called and hold time was stated to be over two hours and I hung up? Like most working folks I call when I CAN.  I'm really interested in your recent call AND cruise experience.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Gee, wonder why no one is calling NCL, just look at their Q3 results

NCL:

• Sequential Occupancy improvement to approximately 82% in the quarter, consistent with guidance.
  • Given fourth quarter Occupancy is typically lower due to seasonality, we expect Occupancy to be in the mid-to-high 80 percent range

RC:

• Load factors in the third quarter were 96% overall, with Caribbean sailings reaching almost 105%.

• Based on continued strength in consumer demand and typical load factor seasonality, the company expects fourth quarter load factors to be similar to third quarter overall, and to reach triple digits by year-end.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

One thing you need to learn ALWAYS select the option for a new booking for faster service, NEVER select the option for questions or help on a Current Booking.

Secondly, don't whine about the long wait time with the so called CSRs on CC. 😱

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 1

Valid complaint.

I would be interested to know what you would recommend as a solution that would not cause an undo burden on current consumer pricing.

I had a boss one time tell me, it's easy to complain about something. Next time you have a valid complaint, bring me 2 possible solutions to your complaint. Then we can talk.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Valid complaint.

I would be interested to know what you would recommend as a solution that would not cause an undo burden on current consumer pricing.

I had a boss one time tell me, it's easy to complain about something. Next time you have a valid complaint, bring me 2 possible solutions to your complaint. Then we can talk.

I hate managers who say that.

makes them seem like they do not care to investigate and do their job like ask others.

sometimes a person might not know what is right, just what is wrong.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I hate managers who say that.

makes them seem like they do not care to investigate and do their job like ask others.

sometimes a person might not know what is right, just what is wrong.

Or, Maybe the manager has 100 things on their plate and in all honesty your complaint doesn't merit the time.

Actually that lesson made me a better person. Made me look at the bigger picture and try to get a better understanding the Whole operation rather than just my little slice of the pie. Made me a better and more productive employee.

• Like 2

1 hr 17 minutes is nothing if you had cruises booked 4/2020 to 6/2021.  My record was 3 hrs 32 minutes with Carnival.  I had the phone on speaker while working virtually.  To this day, I get hives after hearing the Carnival background blabbing while on hold.  Another line that was infamous in my book as the worst of all was MSC.  Nothing is as bad as that.  

31 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Valid complaint.

I've been pushing this concept to both my sons for decades.  I say, "You seem to have the problem well stated, so now what is your suggestion for the solution."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

So....so far I've been on hold for one hour and seventeen minutes....with Royal Caribbean and counting. I also called NCL....was done in eleven minutes.

What a joke...  

And out of 7 Calls to Royal all but 2 were under 20 min. Longest I had a wait 45 min. Luck, Day and Time

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

What a joke...  

I feel your pain !

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

Solutions?

1) Get you lazy retired people to take a part-time job with a Royal phone center.

2) Punt

🙂

I’m sorry, lazy?  I put in 42 hard working years, raised 2 kids, primary babysitter in waiting for 4 grandkids and am the on call fill in for my previous job.  I EARN every minute of my free time.

• Like 6

I called Tuesday morning to get some information on the Deluxe Beverage Package - press 2, press 2.  I was on hold about 15 minutes. I didn't get the answer I was hoping for, but it did make go "hhmmmmm".  I'll keep checking the website for updates and deals.