Cbd

ToyFoxFan

I researched it for my recent Discovery cruise to Mexico, I use CBD cream.  It's illegal in Mexico so I decided it's not worth the risk.  But you should definitely do your own research and come to your own conclusion.

Edited by 1emerald1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Since you don't smoke it noone will know what you bring on board

I say no problem

I think you're probably right about this. But I take CBD oil for arthritis pain, and since it's expensive I've been going the "better safe than sorry" route and leaving it home. I'd hate to have a bottle of that confiscated and trashed.

• Like 1

CAVEAT: I don’t know all the laws of all the places the ships go. With that said, ports do use drug sniffing dogs at boarding areas and luggage loading areas. Not all the time, but it is done. I would guess that if the substance is illegal, dogs are trained to sniff it out. So the “since you don’t smoke it they’ll never know” assumption could be problematic. Wasn’t Brittany Griner arrested for possession of an oil and not a smokable substance?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ToyFoxFan said:

Can  you take cbd onboard ship?My husband used for pain. 

I/we have been using cbd products for years, and they travel with us. Haven't had any problems onboard or onshore. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ToyFoxFan said:

Can  you take cbd onboard ship?My husband used for pain. 

It is illegal on ships. There are dog sniffers at the airports at TSA, baggage department and baggage claim, as well as customs at cruise ports. I’d be leary of  taking it. 
You don’t say which countries you’re visiting or flying to/from.  You should also check those. JMO

Just something else to add to the confusion.

A number of states allow medical marijuana. If you are being prescribed CBD I would check with Princess and see if it is allowed on the ship. Not sure if it would be treated differently than any other prescribed medication you have to take with you.

2 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

A number of states allow medical marijuana. If you are being prescribed CBD I would check with Princess and see if it is allowed on the ship. Not sure if it would be treated differently than any other prescribed medication you have to take with you.

Under international law, not any US state, ships have a zero tolerance for drugs.  While CBD products have THC levels within state or federal guidelines, there is almost always a detectable level.  I have had knee pain for years, but while I was working on ships, I never considered using a CBD product, as there are documented cases of crew who used CBD having a positive drug test while onboard.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

ya, that will be  and has been a dead end. I have emailed, put pen to paper, phoned, talked in person to security officers. No one returned my inquiries.

4 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Under international law, not any US state, ships have a zero tolerance for drugs.  While CBD products have THC levels within state or federal guidelines, there is almost always a detectable level.  I have had knee pain for years, but while I was working on ships, I never considered using a CBD product, as there are documented cases of crew who used CBD having a positive drug test while onboard.

Chief, I respect and appreciate your vast knowledge, but you're a little off on this one.

CBD, has no THC ( the active drug shunned in marijuana ) in it if it is true CBD. In the republic of California, CBD if sold in a reputable store, has no THC ( the active "high" producing drug) in it.

If bought from a California legal dispensary that sells marijuana products any CBD product will by law have THC in some quantity. Therefore if you use the products from a dispensary you will most likely test positive on a drug screen. I'm not advising either way but have used CBD products rather than prescription opioids for medical reasons and have passed DOT testings.

Drug dog usage has been greatly reduced since the relaxation of marijuana rules as a dog doesn't know between a gram, or a pound, so enforcement has become a problem. Again... true CBD doesn't have THC in it but has been pointed out, is still "illegal"on most ships. Look for the leftover cream bottles at the pickleball courts.

Edited by Yehootu

14 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

It is not permissible to bring CBD products onboard any cruise ship.

While you might not get caught, if you are you subject yourself to a massive world of hurt, like being arrested in a foreign country.

This was true in our case, when they finally answered my Aunt on a prescribed pill form was told as we were cruising to Bermuda the answer was NO, period not open for discussion.

We waited until treatment was over and had a lovely family vacation.

In Canada, all cannabis products are legal, just like alcohol. Cannabis stores are regulated and monitored closely.  We, along with most Europeans, don’t even think about it anymore.  I purchase CBD oil with zero THC for my dogs for their joints and other health benefits.  My neighbour buys the same bottle for her arthritis.  I wouldn’t have thought twice about taking it on a cruise, if I needed it.  Thanks for the information! 

Edited by Lady Arwen