family kicked off Princess ship in the canary islands with baby.

Illbcruzn4life

8 hours ago, malba2366 said:

Unless you work for Princess, I am not sure you know how this person booked their cruise.  Or that they tried to bypass the age restrictions. 

Unless he provided a false age when booking, or a false identification for the child  at check in he didn't do anything to bypass restrictions...I'm not sure why booking a standby fare has any bearing on this.  This was handled very poorly by Princess...they should have denied boarding at the port, or cancelled the booking prior to sailing.  Princess had this Childs passport in advance of the sailing, and it was due to their own negligence that they allowed the child on the ship.  

I find it hard to imagine that in this day and age of technology that the computer isn't set up to flag a booking that is not in compliance. That would fall on Princess' IT department as a major fail.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I find it hard to imagine that in this day and age of technology that the computer isn't set up to flag a booking that is not in compliance. That would fall on Princess' IT department as a major fail.

Except this is Princess' IT department, so it is not so hard to imagine. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Last year, the Medallion app handled a s2s on different Princess ships with different booking numbers as a single voyage with a single app « boarding pass » for the first voyage. Caused us a bit of grief when boarding the second ship.  The same thing happened this fall but we were just moving cabins on the same ship so no big issues.

Unless this has been fixed it might be possible for a family to properly complete the boarding information for a first voyage where greater than 6 months is allowed and not have a b2b or s2s second voyage flagged properly despite an inadmissible age of an infant.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Sn0cruiser said:

Last year, the Medallion app handled a s2s on different Princess ships with different booking numbers as a single voyage with a single app « boarding pass » for the first voyage. Caused us a bit of grief when boarding the second ship.  The same thing happened this fall but we were just moving cabins on the same ship so no big issues.

Unless this has been fixed it might be possible for a family to properly complete the boarding information for a first voyage where greater than 6 months is allowed and not have a b2b or s2s second voyage flagged properly despite an inadmissible age of an infant.  

Interesting.  

40 minutes ago, Sn0cruiser said:

I'm so glad you mentioned this.  I didn't know about the earlier problem but I was wondering if something like that could be the issue especially since the first cruise made enough port calls to only warrant a minimum passenger age of 6 months.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1965 said:

I know b2b. What is s2s? Thanks. 😊 

From one ship to another.  In this case in the same fleet.  I don't know if you disembark from one cruise line and embark on another if it is still called a S2S but in this case it was a change of Princess ships.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, capriccio said:

From one ship to another.  In this case in the same fleet.  I don't know if you disembark from one cruise line and embark on another if it is still called a S2S but in this case it was a change of Princess ships.

I think a side-to-side just means different ships (regardless of whether it's the same cruise line), but from the same port.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 9:26 AM, that said:

The family was refunded their cruise expenses

and reimbursed for travel home by Princess

the father @scottraia

posts on TikTok

If that were the case then that does seem fair enough. I'm a parent and to be honest I don't read my entire passage contract. I mean, it is really really long, come on people. Maybe like a handful of people do but most of us aren't reading that sucker in it's entirity.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, oyme said:

If that were the case then that does seem fair enough. I'm a parent and to be honest I don't read my entire passage contract. I mean, it is really really long, come on people. Maybe like a handful of people do but most of us aren't reading that sucker in it's entirity.

I agree that most of us don't read the entire passage contract, but if we run afoul of any of the terms and conditions in it, then that's on us, not the cruise line to make it good.   I believe Princess was being more than generous and this is the thanks they got...🍋 🍋🍋

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, oyme said:

No IFs

2 hours ago, oyme said:

him bragging on social media about having gotten around the rules implies he was quite clear on what the rules were, and chose to ignore them, hmmm?

• Like 9