Best cocktails on a Princess cruise?

cathj003

I am a Grey Goose martini drinker myself, however on our last cruise my DW really liked the Verjus in Crooners, I tasted it and it was pretty tasty.

Another one was the Dirty Banana, however I had them sub the Gordons ? rum for Malibu coconut rum...Oh man, were those good.

Princess Cruises Dirty Banana drink

Edited by martinitime1
  • Like 2

Bartenders are happy to 'tweak' a cocktail to your taste.  I find most too sweet but ask them to swap the Sprite for Soda Water, or leave out the 'syrup'.  They are also happy to leave alcohol out. A Zero Mojito with zero sugar is very refreshing with the muddled lime, mint and soda.

Do you like sweet?

Dirty Bananna is one of the first drinks I order on board.

otherwise, I am a fan of Toasted Almond, chocolate Almond (on the after dinner menu in the main dining room) or Milky Way. 

Lemon drop Martini is nice too. 

Margaretta, pina colada,  and assorted daiquiris are all nice.  

If you dont like sweet, then there are other, top shelf, sorts of things.

I dont remember the name of the book, but you can get a liqueur recipe book and go through it and pick out the ones that sound good to you and bring the list (and the book)!  They will be glad to make it for you!

I wish I could give you a list of delicious cocktails, but my DH and I are very boring, predictable drinkers.  For me Grey Goose with tonic and float two orange slices.  My DH is Scotch straight up and no ice.  Bartenders get to know us and like how easy it is to make us happy!

Midori Sour made for me on Enchanted was the worst drink I've ever had.

image.thumb.jpeg.aaefe5a1c73da9cc38ae23307138cdcc.jpeg

However, Dunes which has about the same ingredients was magical.

image.thumb.jpeg.abfeff5607d1782c8eb97f658410a3c8.jpeg

If you like tart, I'd advise you to try an Ultimate Cooler.

20221124_135618.thumb.jpg.4c8c2219e8cec51eb4a7aaf70232d9f6.jpg

When you are on a ship, open the Princess app, click on Order, and go to Beverages. You can look at each beverage's ingredients to see what you'd like the best without actually ordering them.

My hubs really liked Georgia Tea.

• Like 1

We will have a package for the first time, and I am going to try a lot of new drinks!

Did a bartender maybe mess up with that Midori Sour?  Too bad!  But I am not a fan of Midori and Melon. 

I have been thinking I might like do do a good Bloody Mary one morning.  So, how do you order the best bloody mary?   And, can you get one early in the morning?  When do they start serving drinks?  My husband loves ice cream and likes bananas, so I am sure a few Dirty Bananas are in his future.  I will have to remember that tip to upgrade the Rum.   I don't think there is Coconut Rum in a Dirty Banana?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

We will have a package for the first time, and I am going to try a lot of new drinks!

Did a bartender maybe mess up with that Midori Sour?  Too bad!  But I am not a fan of Midori and Melon. 

I have been thinking I might like do do a good Bloody Mary one morning.  So, how do you order the best bloody mary?   And, can you get one early in the morning?  When do they start serving drinks?  My husband loves ice cream and likes bananas, so I am sure a few Dirty Bananas are in his future.  I will have to remember that tip to upgrade the Rum.   I don't think there is Coconut Rum in a Dirty Banana?

The nice thing about the package is if you try a drink and don’t like it, you can order something else. I’ve found that the same drink you order can be made very different from bar to bar.

There are lots of people ordering Bloody Mary’s in the morning. I’m not sure what time you can get one but I would say by about 8am or so.

Here’s mine on my recent Discovery cruise, it was yummy.

3B76DF68-5723-4D58-B141-91E34EE2D9C1.jpeg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

The nice thing about the package is if you try a drink and don’t like it, you can order something else. I’ve found that the same drink you order can be made very different from bar to bar.

There are lots of people ordering Bloody Mary’s in the morning. I’m not sure what time you can get one but I would say by about 8am or so.

Here’s mine on my recent Discovery cruise, it was yummy.

By the time I get to the third mistake, I'm not too sure the first two were that bad.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Did a bartender maybe mess up with that Midori Sour? 

it looked right, but the taste was way off. 

Dunes tasted a lot more like the Midori Sour I've always gotten. Not a drinker at all, and we don't ever get a package - I only get one or two cocktails on a cruise, so I didn't want to get another one remade.

And, can you get one early in the morning? 

room delivery is free. Hint-hint. 

So, how do you order the best bloody mary?

order at different bars and find the bartender who makes it to your liking? I did.

For a refreshing drink...make believe you are in Venice and order an aperol spritz.  For bourbon drinkers, try 1 part bourbon 1/2 part aperol.  There really are almost an infinite number of drinks, depending on the bartender and your likes.  I've had great Mai Tai's and some that were just dreadful.  It's fun to concoct your own drinks....ask the bartender what he can do with dark rum and amaretto and see what he creates.  There's no best drink...and my bloody mary made with scotch (many different names for this) may not be your cup of....tea.   The main thing is to enjoy...and if your on the drink package, to explore...and what better place to explore than a cruise. 

Edited by ghstudio

Mojitos are my go to on a tropical cruise. So cool and refreshing. But I got tired of the mint clogging up my straw, so I switched to lime daiquiri. SOOOO good. And a Mudslide is my favorite after excursion treat. Can't go wrong with a Pina Colada either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1