Diamond Plus - No More Concierge/Suite Lounge Access

DaKahuna

6 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

RCCL won’t ever share numbers but I’m confident that the Double Points program created a lot of D+.  These lounges can only accommodate so many people.

D+ members don’t worry.  Pinnacles will be next.

Of course it did we booked about 7-8 cruises with double points.

I honestly do not want Pinnacles to suffer .. and frankly I am not suffering at all.

Gap between D+ and P is huge. I don't expect huge number of P anyway.

As a former cruiser with multi lines ... RCI is not risking much. I do not remember similar benefits on most if not all of other lines. Especially comparable in quality/pricing.

Edited by Tatka

9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I believe this changes that -- Read it again as it clearly states Pinnacles will have access. 

Ah, yet in the actual benefits list there will probably be a footnote stating Pinnacles access will be dependent on capacity controls.

I’m still a couple hundred points from PC;  I won’t count on having access when I get there. My points are growing from joy of cruising with no great rush to reach PC due to my low expectations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Ah, yet in the actual benefits list there will probably be a footnote stating Pinnacles access will be dependent on capacity controls.

Actually there is not - I looked.  The footnote simply says access is restricted to suite and pinnacle guest and you are not allowed to bring other non-suite/pinnacle guest into the lounge.  Kids must be accompanied by an adult. 

39 minutes ago, island lady said:

Coffee machine is not reliable in the DL on our current adventure.....and can't access the CL as alternative.   😞 

I'm don't drink coffee, but regardless the coffee machine should be operational. I blame the DLC for not ensuring his/her DL isn't up and running 100% at all times. On our March Explorer cruise the automatic door closure wasn't working one evening on the first leg of the cruise and the DLC had maintenance on it immediately.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Actually there is not - I looked.  The footnote simply says access is restricted to suite and pinnacle guest and you are not allowed to bring other non-suite/pinnacle guest into the lounge.  Kids must be accompanied by an adult. 

You apparently don't know what RCI means.  😄  RCI = Really Consistently Inconsistent.

They are NOT going to allow non-suite Pinns in the CL/SL on Pinn heaving sailings (TAs, the President's cruise, etc).  They will set up a PL.

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

Only a guarantee if that Pinnacle is in a full suite.  

Pinnacles last week on Symphony were dragged off to the Jazz Bar on 4 

Banned from SL

110 P’s 

554 D+
441 D

You are 💯 it all depends and not known until boarding day.

SL

CL

PL

All packed to the rafters 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

You apparently don't know what RCI means.  😄  RCI = Really Consistently Inconsistent.

I guess I don't.  I have only been sailing on Royal Caribbean since 2007.

4 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

They are NOT going to allow non-suite Pinns in the CL/SL on Pinn heaving sailings (TAs, the President's cruise, etc).  They will set up a PL.

I guess we will have to wait until after December 16th to find out for sure.  

I really do not have a dog in that hunt. I am not a Pinnacle and have no real plan to get to that level.   

We are new to Diamond and will be sailing as such in February 2023.  I am extrememly pleased that we are getting 4 drink vouchers each per day, and have access to the DL. We pay upcharges for the things we really want, and have had great experiences on our cruises. OK; the highest category we have ever sailed are JSs, as we don't typically want to shell out thousands more.  

What I dislike intensely is the snobbery and entitlement voiced by some posters here. Honestly, you complainers sound like a bunch of resentful cheapskates.  Sorry but that's how it comes across.

Teddie

Edited by teddie
  • Like 10

20 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Pinnacles last week on Symphony were dragged off to the Jazz Bar on 4 

Banned from SL

110 P’s 

554 D+
441 D

You are 💯 it all depends and not known until boarding day.

SL

CL

PL

All packed to the rafters 😎

Last Nov/Dec on HOTS, we went to the DL most nights and walked right by the Jazz club which was reserved for Pinns.  Most of the Pinns were in the DLwith us and not the dark Jazz club.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, teddie said:

What I dislike intensely is the snobbery and entitlement voiced by some posters here. Honestly, you complainers sound like a bunch of resentful cheapskates.  Sorry but that's how it comes across.

Teddie

Don't make much friends on cruises do you 

😄 just kidding 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'm don't drink coffee, but regardless the coffee machine should be operational. I blame the DLC for not ensuring his/her DL isn't up and running 100% at all times. On our March Explorer cruise the automatic door closure wasn't working one evening on the first leg of the cruise and the DLC had maintenance on it immediately.   

I've seen both the coffee machine and the door broken by pax (or in one case, non-D friends of pax) who didn't have a clue how to work them, figured if they banged them roughly enough they'd work faster, didn't read the signs re how to operate.....

• Like 1

I think this will be a prelude to a change in Diamond Status....There are way too many Diamond club members and they have been hinting that they will no longer be given access to the Diamond Lounge and making  that Diamond Plus Only....Just my thoughts..we have friends who are Pinnacle and they come to the Diamond Lounge we are More FUN....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Last Nov/Dec on HOTS, we went to the DL most nights and walked right by the Jazz club which was reserved for Pinns.  Most of the Pinns were in the DLwith us and not the dark Jazz club.  

Both DL and Jazz club on 4 are dark

No windows for either.

Light and windows cost extra on Royal 😉

I like to see the ocean when we are sat in a lounge having free drinks 🍹 

And for the older ships with an Internal lounge, we use our coupons in lighted areas.

Coupons are the better benefit than the lounge for D and D+ IMO

Happy Days!

• Like 3