LIVE from the Koningsdam Holiday Sailing - Dec. 17th - Jan 7th - exploring my first Pinnacle Class ship 🤞

kazu

Jacqui, I wish I could come and sit with you.   Of course you are missing Jose right now.  It is bad enough to need surgery, but you are in a foreign country all alone.   Can a sister come be with you until you can head home?    I will be thinking of you and sending healing hugs virtually.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks - no playing for Jacqui.

sadly this live thread is now dead.  I was medically disembarked In Puerto Vallarta because of the concern of 2 days at sea and sepsis.  I may have a story to tell down the road on medical disembarkations when it is not so difficult to type.

It’s especially hard pain wise and immobile arm wise with the angle in the hospital bed.  Not sure I will ever travel solo again

I am so sorry to read this 😢  Wishing you a speedy recovery.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Jacqui, I wish I could come and sit with you.   Of course you are missing Jose right now.  It is bad enough to need surgery, but you are in a foreign country all alone.   Can a sister come be with you until you can head home?    I will be thinking of you and sending healing hugs virtually.

I was thinking this, too, Debbie, that hopefully a family member will fly down.   Or maybe Jose has relatives in Mexico who can come help.  It’s a very distressing situation.  Certainly our prayers are with Jacqui.

Maxine

• Like 7

You will pull through with everyone's thoughts and prayers. Our insurance at home has a travel policy (even though we purchase separate travel insurance) so maybe check with yours  as well. Also credit card used to purchase cruise. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Like 2

4 hours ago, highscar said:

From one solo to another. We are brave to continue to do something that we loved to do with our late partners. They would not want us to give it up. Please continue to sail when you are better.  Would love to cross paths with you on one of our BHB.  

I agree.

Jacqui, you have been brave to take such a long trip solo. You got through your first solo Christmas, which to me is a big hurdle. So remember than you can be brave and get through this. I'm sure Jose is cheering you on, saying "you can do this." 

I wish I could do more than send love and virtual hugs. 

• Like 5

@kazu You have demonstrated time and again that you know how to take lemons and make lemonade. But, enough with the lemons!!!

It's time for you, your travels, and your life to have a cherry on top!

Get well, travel home soon, heal completely – and may you never be faced with another lemon!

With prayer and care,

-Melisa

• Like 12

On 1/6/2023 at 12:36 PM, kazu said:

Can’t answer everyone but the ship’s doctor was in error.  Said the elbow was ok other than sepsis and it is clearly fractured (they could tell from the ship’s x-ray) and did their own to be sure at the hospital,  need surgery and going around circles with insurance,  Wish Jose was here 😢 

Sending love and prayers to you Jacqui… hope you have a speedy recovery and return home soon. 🙏🏻💞

• Like 3

Jacqui, we are missing you!  Aris, Susie and Edy all send their good wishes.  I decided I must get internet on this leg if I want to stay in touch.  I know it is very difficult for you to type , so just know we are thinking of you.  

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Jacqui, I miss your daily smile and humor.  I'm sorry you are so far from home when this latest disaster happened.  I hope you can get that sepsis taken care of and that arm taken care of.   You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Like 5

Just got home last night and looked at your post. I had seen you a few times on the trip but had no idea of your injury and subsequent medical evacuation in PV. So sorry to hear of your situation and sending good thoughts and prayers that you receive proper medical treatment and can return home ASAP. We heard at least 5 different calls for stretchers on the cruise. Another person had to be medically evacuated after you and we changed routes to return to Cabo so the person could obtain needed care. Stay positive!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/7/2023 at 6:36 AM, kazu said:

Can’t answer everyone but the ship’s doctor was in error.  Said the elbow was ok other than sepsis and it is clearly fractured (they could tell from the ship’s x-ray) and did their own to be sure at the hospital,  need surgery and going around circles with insurance,  Wish Jose was here 😢 

Does your travel insurance not cover the costs of a friend to come out and stay with your and help you get home? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lissie said:

Does your travel insurance not cover the costs of a friend to come out and stay with your and help you get home? 

Don’t know nor care.  I would NEVER ask anyone to make this awful trip down and then back.  Flights from PV to my area are awful.  You could fly to Europe and back.  I left at 3 pm today and will get home tomorrow at11 am with ugly layover tonight in Montreal - not long enough to justify a hotel although I might change my tune on that one 😉 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 16