Casual to informal ratio

kjbacon

What we have experienced is that port nights are usually casual as well as the night before the end of the cruise. Sea days are usually informal other than the formal nights. Keep in mind that we don't do port to port cruises, but prefer open ocean cruising with just a couple/few port days.

Just now, dougburns said:

What we have experienced is that port nights are usually casual as well as the first night and the night before the end of the cruise. Sea days are usually informal other than the formal nights. Keep in mind that we don't do port to port cruises, but prefer open ocean cruising with just a couple/few port days.

21 minutes ago, AtA said:

On our Whisper B2B 22 day cruise there were many more informal nights compared to informal. In fact I could count on one hand the number of informal nights.

Hi, did you mean to say there were many more informal compared to casual?

As long as we’ve been cruising with Silversea informal dress nights has always been the majority.  That said we have back-to-back 7-day cruises coming up in the Caribbean in the Dawn.  For those cruises informal and casual are both three nights on each leg with one formal on each leg.   Looking at the chart posted it looks like 7-day cruises are the exception where they are equal nights.   That will make our cruising partners happy as the husband hates wearing formal and informal where it doesn’t bother me in the least.   I’d probably be okay with a casual night at the beginning and end of the cruise and the rest informal and formal. 

Edited by Randyk47

Since informal on Silversea means jacket required at most restaurants, and I believe all bars in the evening, my husband and brother did not agree with Silversea's definition of informal. They do, however, now own some nice informal jackets. I don't remember the pool bar being open after dinner, and the "hot rocks" didn't work for us for dinner so it was one and done on that cruise and any future ones.

1 hour ago, SWFLAOK said:

Since informal on Silversea means jacket required at most restaurants, and I believe all bars in the evening, my husband and brother did not agree with Silversea's definition of informal. They do, however, now own some nice informal jackets. I don't remember the pool bar being open after dinner, and the "hot rocks" didn't work for us for dinner so it was one and done on that cruise and any future ones.

Every thread about dress codes ends up in exact same place. 

10 minutes ago, gcornell said:

Every thread about dress codes ends up in exact same place. 

One of the reasons that Crystal beAt  SS hands down. I Love an invitation to get my glad rags on but I think the heavy number of formal/Informal nights on our cruises started becoming a chore. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

One of the reasons that Crystal beAt  SS hands down. I Love an invitation to get my glad rags on but I think the heavy number of formal/Informal nights on our cruises started becoming a chore. 

Seabourn just announced new dress code from Jan 4th 2023

The Silversea dress code looks to be too much for us, especially on the Hawaii itinerary we are considering. Everyone likes something different and that’s ok but for us, a sport coat in Hawaii is a duck out of water. Thank you all for the helpful feedback.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Seabourn just announced new dress code from Jan 4th 2023

Very interesting. Our travel agent thinks that SS is moving toward relaxing their dress code too. If they do, we will

probably reconsider this cruise.

1 hour ago, kjbacon said:

The Silversea dress code looks to be too much for us, especially on the Hawaii itinerary we are considering. Everyone likes something different and that’s ok but for us, a sport coat in Hawaii is a duck out of water. Thank you all for the helpful feedback.

This is one of the reasons we are not fans. FYI the SS expedition ships are more relaxed and we enjoyed the Cloud and will look at the Endeavour. 
We do like SS itineraries though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Very interesting. Our travel agent thinks that SS is moving toward relaxing their dress code too. If they do, we will

probably reconsider this cruise.

Very soon the Woolwich ferry will have a better dress code than any or these so called luxury lines 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Very soon the Woolwich ferry will have a better dress code than any or these so called luxury lines 

Likely the bread served on the ferry is also better than on SS. On the Cloud the  donuts were like hockey pucks and even the executive chef agreed that the bagels were no better. Fortunately, the itinerary included some lovely French ports so just brought my choice of brioche on board. Unfortunately they wouldn’t allow me to eat it in the dining room. 

14 hours ago, kjbacon said:

You aren't exactly staying in Hawaii when the dress code applies.  You are on a Silversea ship.  When you are on the ship, you play by their rules.  When you go ashore you can ditch the coat.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Emdee said:

Likely the bread served on the ferry is also better than on SS. On the Cloud the  donuts were like hockey pucks and even the executive chef agreed that the bagels were no better. Fortunately, the itinerary included some lovely French ports so just brought my choice of brioche on board. Unfortunately they wouldn’t allow me to eat it in the dining room. 

Bad bread should carry a serious penalty 🤣 and we know good bread here in Philly!

• Haha 1