from C&A - Redesigned, New, and Fresh Program Gifts and Onboard Amenities are coming in 2023

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Can't imagine they'll drop Laura's Beringer, so I'm cool. I'd like to see some beer choices, but not holding my breath

Never surprises me that all the naysayers pop in every time a change is mentioned.

Whereas I live in hope that they will drop that Beringer stuff in favour of some decent dry rose like Whispering Angel...but I know I live in a fantasy land!! So long as they don't get rid of the Chandon I'm good!  I now get 3x bottles of that.

• Like 2

Oh dear...every time there is an "enhancement".....it is usually never an improvement.  Sigh...

We get bottles of wine...though the selections they send to our cabin...never seem to be what is on our list.  They replace those choices with whatever they have on board...and some of the stuff is pretty bad (getting rid of old inventory).   Sooo...I guess the enhancement will still be same old...same old.  😛

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, little britain said:

Whereas I live in hope that they will drop that Beringer stuff in favour of some decent dry rose like Whispering Angel...but I know I live in a fantasy land!! So long as they don't get rid of the Chandon I'm good!  I now get 3x bottles of that.

One of my standing requests is Jean Luc Colombo cotes du rhone, a nice red wine.  It just so happens that this label also  makes a rose and a white.  Sometimes they deliver the white.  Sometimes they deliver the rose.  I am happy with all of them.  Try that.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

I got the email about the voucher changes from 12:00am to 5:00am. But, not this one. Royal’s IT has taken the lead away from Disney as being the worst. 

It's not a separate email.  It's in the monthly C&A newsletter.  Did you get that?  It's the last thing.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ashland said:

I think they've given me everyone's tote bag. Our last B2B this past March we got eight of them...Sorry guys :classic_huh:

There’s a tote bag for reaching 340 points? Guess I missed that one… I have a really Cool hat from around 15 years ago, though 

14 hours ago, kruzerci said:

There has virtually never been a positive Royal Caribbean change. Never surprises me to see posts like this. 

I have to disagree with you here. The change to drink vouchers for D and D+ rather than all of us crowding in the lounge is definitely a change for the better. Of course, now the clock resets at 5am instead of midnight, so that will limit drinks on the last night.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Chitoryubt said:

There’s a tote bag for reaching 340 points? Guess I missed that one… I have a really Cool hat from around 15 years ago, though 

I have one of those hats, too.  I wore it onboard a few months ago, and a cabin steward down the hall commented on it, saying he thought it was from about 25 years ago!  I guess he has been on the job for a while.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I am satisfied  with the gift list but can’t recall when I have received the items they offered. The substitutions  they decide for me are often of lesser quality. 

m

Guess I'm lucky, never had any substitution 

1 hour ago, CruiseGirl4ever said:

I have to disagree with you here. The change to drink vouchers for D and D+ rather than all of us crowding in the lounge is definitely a change for the better. Of course, now the clock resets at 5am instead of midnight, so that will limit drinks on the last night.

Plus the initial adding of the 3 vouchers years ago.

• Like 1

From a lowly Gold who turned Platinum on Sunday, and who just filled out my post cruise survey.... I included the commentary that the C&A rewards are no incentive whatsoever below Diamond.

So whilst those in our category appreciate being regaled with tales of free booze and tote bags and bath towels....... perhaps they're gonna do something to entice those down in steerage to stick with RCL to actually get to the Diamond level? I won't hold my breath!

• Thanks 1

What I want back is the ability to select it myself online.  We have enough tote bags and towels.  Currently for 7+ day cruises we get three bottles of wine.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, BND said:

What I want back is the ability to select it myself online.  We have enough tote bags and towels.  Currently for 7+ day cruises we get three bottles of wine.  

We often get 6, that's why I switched to truffles. Easier to haul home

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NateUpNorth said:

From a lowly Gold who turned Platinum on Sunday, and who just filled out my post cruise survey.... I included the commentary that the C&A rewards are no incentive whatsoever below Diamond.

So whilst those in our category appreciate being regaled with tales of free booze and tote bags and bath towels....... perhaps they're gonna do something to entice those down in steerage to stick with RCL to actually get to the Diamond level? I won't hold my breath!

But that IS the enticement.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

OMG yes!!  That went away with the "improved" website redo year ago.  Would indeed be so nice to simply make changes to those selections. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, little britain said:

I think you’ll be in fantasy land for a long time wishing for Whispering Angel 😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

But that IS the enticement.  

Hear me out.

Average family takes 1 big vacation a year. 7 or 8 nights.

Diamond is 80 nights.

The "loyalty" program basically says "give us 10 years of your vacation time and then we'll toss a few drinks your way"

If that IS the enticement to stay loyal to royal.... it's garbage. Good luck to them. And this is from a fan of RCL.

No offense but if you're already Diamond, Diamond+, Pinnacle.... you're likely locked in.

The "loyalty" the corporate coffers need is from the lower levels. What in the Gold, Platinum, Emerald categories screams  "don't shop MSC, or CCL or Norwegian" to you?

Yes the ships are full but they need a way to make sure it's not 6000 one and done passengers each sailing.... times how many ships fleetwide?

Maybe a "loyalty" revamp will help.... can't hurt.

• Haha 1

Just now, NateUpNorth said:

Hear me out.

Average family takes 1 big vacation a year. 7 or 8 nights.

Diamond is 80 nights.

The "loyalty" program basically says "give us 10 years of your vacation time and then we'll toss a few drinks your way"

If that IS the enticement to stay loyal to royal.... it's garbage. Good luck to them. And this is from a fan of RCL.

No offense but if you're already Diamond, Diamond+, Pinnacle.... you're likely locked in.

The "loyalty" the corporate coffers need is from the lower levels. What in the Gold, Platinum, Emerald categories screams  "don't shop MSC, or CCL or Norwegian" to you?

Yes the ships are full but they need a way to make sure it's not 6000 one and done passengers each sailing.... times how many ships fleetwide?

Maybe a "loyalty" revamp will help.... can't hurt.

Tell me what MSC, CCL or Norwegian offer you as enticements.  What does their loyalty program do for you?

• Like 1