from C&A - Redesigned, New, and Fresh Program Gifts and Onboard Amenities are coming in 2023

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Crazy you can't just do it online.

We used to be able to do it years ago.   When they changed the website, it was one of the casualties.  

Key terms:   "New...Enhanced...Improved"....code words for cost cutting.  😉 

• Haha 1

Word is...

Emerald and Platinum: one free glass of tap water

Diamond: Two cookies

Diamond Plus: Three cookies

Diamond Plus 340: Six cookies (But they are weeks old)

Diamond Plus 525: Three cookies and one slice of pizza(Cheese only)

Pinnacle: Four bottles of  waters, a key chain and no cookies

Dreaming of an announcement soon.

• Haha 5

51 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Word is...

Emerald and Platinum: one free glass of tap water

Diamond Plus: Three cookies

Diamond Plus 340: Six cookies (But they are weeks old)

Diamond Plus 525: Three cookies and one slice of pizza(Cheese only)

Pinnacle: Four bottles of  waters, a key chain and no cookies

Dreaming of an announcement soon.

Think I’ll book a solo JS for about 30 days so I can get that slice of pizza! WooHoo!

Not too happy losing three cookies though 😔.

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

Pinnacle: … and no cookies

I didn't care for the packaged cookies back in the day, but my husband liked them so it was a nice treat. I was on a B2B recently, and we happened to be in our cabin on day 1 of the second week when room service was delivering cookies to all the staterooms. I was able to decline them up front, and that was nice since they're not interesting to us.

Perhaps the "and no cookies" might move up the tiers. I wouldn't say I'm representative, but I'm approaching 340. 😉

Hi all,

My wife and I have been cruising since 2008 and with the exception of one P&O cruise in 2012 (as it sailed into St Lucia on our wedding anniversary, and that is where we got married, and RCI didn't have a ship docking that day), we have stayed with RCI.

We are not massive drinkers, my wife has to be careful and I can take or leave as much and little as offered.

We started to cruise in order to visit places that we wanted to see, but not necessarily stay at, so this was the perfect way.

We joined the C&A scheme as a means to get the best prices and updates etc.

I always found it nice when we hit a tier change to get things like a nice meal or a snack in the room.

We are now D+ and probably will be as we still have well over 400 nights.

I gave my wife a choice that we could either have a balcony/suite and just one cruise a year or have an interior and have two, as the points would end up the same. She would choose the interior and have two different cruises. I have enough money but not loads, so I have to be careful as we also like short city breaks inbetween the cruises too!

My wife is fairly fussy about certain things and if things are not right then she won't bother with them again, so RCI have been doing things right as we have returned time and time again.

I am very happy with what RCI provide for us. I know Suite guests now get some things too, but they also have paid more for them. For what I pay, I cannot complain.

It took me 7 years to get to Diamond and another 3 to get to D+ which we did in 2019. All by having two interior room cruises a year. Yes some were 4 night, some were 7 but most were 12 to 14 and some were B2B as long as the ports weren't repeated.

For us, we stuck with RCI because they provided us with first class food and first class entertainment.  

As for the drinks vouchers, yes I miss the Diamond lounge at 5pm, but I don't miss the trouble getting into it because nearly half the ship were Diamond or above.

I think having 5 drinks at the time I want them is a major step in the right direction. There is also a much wider choice too inc drink of the day!

My wife is also happy with the stuff left in the cabin at the start of the cruise.

As for our wine selection, we don't really care, we take it home and then take it to parties and share with others! The 5 vouchers a day plus the C&A get together drinks plus the Captains night drinks are more than enough. Too much booze equals not remembering parts of the holiday!

Somethings got to give at some point. Food, Entertainment, perks?

RCI have to survive as a company.

Again, at no point climbing up the ladder did we want to get off, except for the one cruise with P&O which didn't get repeated, so you know that wasn't as good as RCI.

As someone said before, if everyone is special, then no-one is special.

At every level I climbed I felt special and still do.

To be special, you can...

Climb the ladder of C&A and enjoy the extra things they give at each stage.

You can pay for a grand suite and enjoy the perks with that too and be special.

You can even spend money on the Key and be special too.

Hell, you could do all the above and be really special.

For us, we just want to enjoy our time on board and make some memories. At the moment RCI is for us. However, If the service dips with things such as food choices, lack of decent entertainment, crap ports of call, then we may choose to do something else, but until that happens we will stay as we are, happy with what RCI do for us and grateful for the perks, which they can take away at any time. 

Mick.

Edited by Mick B
  • Like 7

We just got off the Oasis and are Diamond Plus with at the time 314 points. We got notice from the Loyalty Ambassador they didn't have the logo items we had requested and we had to choose somethingelse and we decided to ask for the 6 pack can of cokes  but we were told because we didn't have 340 points we couldn't choose that. Seemed pretty strange to me as a can of coke they probably buy at around 25 cents a can so it would only cost about $1.50. Only time I saw her over the 10 night cruise.

50 minutes ago, swmichigan cruiser said:

We just got off the Oasis and are Diamond Plus with at the time 314 points. We got notice from the Loyalty Ambassador they didn't have the logo items we had requested and we had to choose somethingelse and we decided to ask for the 6 pack can of cokes  but we were told because we didn't have 340 points we couldn't choose that. Seemed pretty strange to me as a can of coke they probably buy at around 25 cents a can so it would only cost about $1.50. Only time I saw her over the 10 night cruise.

Yep, and the Beringer also isn't a choice for the sub 340 level. $3.50 bottle of wine

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, and the Beringer also isn't a choice for the sub 340 level. $3.50 bottle of wine

Which would cost you ~$50 if you ordered it through their gifts and gear website for delivery on board😛

• Like 2

Update:

Just met with the LA on board, and she said that Miami is still working through the contracts and supply logistics, and they don’t expect to have the new amenities list rolled out until the end of February-beginning of March.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2