Splendor: Christmas on the Canal

flossie009

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

I was told by Franck that it was “political.”  Has regent ever been successful in stopping at Nicaragua?

The 2018WC didn’t stop because of political unrest. Maybe it is time to stop trying.

3 hours ago, mrlevin said:

There are no Owner’s Suites on Voyager nor on any other current Regent ship.  

They were probably thinking of Azamara who has owner's suites.  But those are on the stern. The Club Ocean Suites overlook the bow.

Doesn't the Splendor have an observation lounge on deck 11?  Wouldn't that overlook the bow????

On 12/23/2022 at 6:45 PM, Kristal Blade said:

Back at Setti Mare Mr 400 days was at the head of the queue stamping his feet because there was no table ready and he was being asked to wait in the Observation Lounge. I, helpfully, said we just did that, the wait wasn’t that long. He turned on me, saying “As a 400 day passenger with Regent I know how this works”. 

LOL. My NY would have come out and I would have probably said something like, "Well since you're a 400 day passenger, and know how it works, then you also know you have to wait in the Observation Lounge. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AtA said:

LOL. My NY would have come out and I would have probably said something like, "Well since you're a 400 day passenger, and know how it works, then you also know you have to wait in the Observation Lounge. 

Unfortunately - it's always:

'coulda, shoulda, woulda' 😆

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mrlevin said:

You have to take photos through the glass where you often have a reflection. 

You are absolutely right, the swirls of the carpet overlay every picture. I tried putting my camera lens right onto the glass but it didn’t seem to exclude every reflection.

Also the glass is tinted so colours are a bit off.

We are arriving into Puntarenas now. A lovely sunrise.

We are on a full day excursion to see flora and fauna including crocodiles. I’m looking forward to the local lunch that is included.

16 hours ago, mrlevin said:

I was told by Franck that it was “political.”  Has regent ever been successful in stopping at Nicaragua?

We stopped there 11/2014 on Regent.  After seeing the melting pots and climbing to the roof of an old white church..we had great COLD Nicaraguan beer at a place on the square across from church.  

24 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

We stopped there 11/2014 on Regent.  After seeing the melting pots and climbing to the roof of an old white church..we had great COLD Nicaraguan beer at a place on the square across from church.  

Same church, same roof, same beer. Nice day as I recall. 

• Like 1

Today we are docked in Punteranus, Costa Rica.

D8C135BD-3244-4980-A35D-4FF6BCFBB950.thumb.jpeg.15470d656f30799b0dd6b0ed73808a5d.jpeg

Our excursion took us to the Jaguar & Macaw sanctuary, where we saw all manner of flora & fauna including a pair of Jaguars, Macaws & other colourful birds, monkeys, tapirs and sloths.

92A6695E-8359-4358-B13D-0CF39781F6B3.thumb.jpeg.e0aeb8580ab1d4cc93c9481e5b4a2c92.jpeg

5CA8D6AE-EF39-46C0-AE01-CB2BFE6410A4.thumb.jpeg.e19a77bac09b6ca48f4fe42a70bb060d.jpeg

B76F06BA-43AA-4FD7-BB80-214DDFB4D8CD.thumb.jpeg.02a63db7e31a5e8937f9cfc3998db155.jpeg

3BCBF0B4-0AC3-40B8-B664-69ACF5C6611D.thumb.jpeg.3e704da3849cebea018348919ded8eed.jpeg

54D2A28C-708E-49DD-A8EF-3E1467D542C5.thumb.jpeg.682549be8b3cf51134799ea3d9be7afd.jpeg

The third item on the list of rules below indicates that Doctor Dolittle might not be welcome 🤔

D4CDF005-9ED8-4EB7-B568-7D70E5E534B9.thumb.jpeg.3010784f7dfd0aff63a499b3d9cb8a34.jpeg

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

You are absolutely right, the swirls of the carpet overlay every picture. I tried putting my camera lens right onto the glass but it didn’t seem to exclude every reflection.

Also the glass is tinted so colours are a bit off.

Had  the same problem on the Explorer in January going through the canal. Frustrating there wasn’t a forward location to take pictures from. 

Tonight we had a wonderful anniversary dinner in Prime 7.   This is the fourth (Voyager, Mariner, and twice on Splendor) anniversary in last six years spent in Prime 7 and our eighth or ninth overall on Regent.  Made plans with Franck a week ago and everything was fantastic.  Joey and Arriana and all the staff in Prime 7 were wonderful and Ali did a wonderful job on our cabin.  

Next two anniversaries will be on Mariner for, I’m sure, equally fantastic experiences.   

Again, special thanks to Franck and all the staff and crew in Splendor. 

Marc

• Like 3

Today is a sea day. Time for lazing on deck with an occasional dip in the pool to cool down.

We are having a debate as to who rates as the rudest passengers on board. Candidates include:

- those who ‘reserve’ shady sun beds but do not occupy for hours

- those who talk loudly on long phone calls and FaceTime with numerous members of their friends & family

- loud talkers (just because they are deaf doesn’t mean everyone else around is)

- those who try to push into the elevator before others have exited

- those who let swing doors go without checking for anyone following them (usually older men are the culprits)

- those who move sun loungers, blocking passage for guests & crew trying to move around the deck

- those who sit at the end of the rows in the theatre blocking access to all the vacant seats then huff, puff, mutter & grumble when others request that they allow them past

Most of our fellow passengers on this cruise are very friendly and respectful of others, but there are a few who are selfish and obviously feel ‘entitled’.

Rant over; back to enjoying the cruise 😎

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Today is a sea day. Time for lazing on deck with an occasional dip in the pool to cool down.

We are having a debate as to who rates as the rudest passengers on board. Candidates include:

- those who ‘reserve’ shady sun beds but do not occupy for hours

Thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review!

Have you asked any of the deck officers to remove the items?  This bad cruise behaviour is my number one button pusher!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Have you asked any of the deck officers to remove the items? 

When you say ‘items’, do you mean the offending guests? 😉

This could be an effective solution especially while we are at sea. Obviously give them a small inflatable life raft in which to continue their journey 🤣

Today it may be the face-timer’s phone which goes overboard shortly 😮

• Haha 8

44 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

When you say ‘items’, do you mean the offending guests? 😉

This could be an effective solution especially while we are at sea. Obviously give them a small inflatable life raft in which to continue their journey 🤣

Today it may be the face-timer’s phone which goes overboard shortly 😮

Even if they went overboard, as long as their call continued with adequate reception, they wouldn't notice!

I told my partner about your post - we're both in our late 50's and he said: "they're FaceTiming - on a cruise - on deck?????!!!!!  Which ship and line is that on? That's CRAZY"

Um, the ship that we're booked on .....

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Even if they went overboard, as long as their call continued with adequate reception, they wouldn't notice!

I told my partner about your post - we're both in our late 50's and he said: "they're FaceTiming - on a cruise - on deck?????!!!!!  Which ship and line is that on? That's CRAZY"

Um, the ship that we're booked on .....

That’s what happens with free wifi.  If we FaceTime on ship…we find an area where we are alone. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Tonight we had a wonderful anniversary dinner in Prime 7.   This is the fourth (Voyager, Mariner, and twice on Splendor) anniversary in last six years spent in Prime 7 and our eighth or ninth overall on Regent.  Made plans with Franck a week ago and everything was fantastic.  Joey and Arriana and all the staff in Prime 7 were wonderful and Ali did a wonderful job on our cabin.  

Next two anniversaries will be on Mariner for, I’m sure, equally fantastic experiences.   

Again, special thanks to Franck and all the staff and crew in Splendor. 

Marc

Happy Anniversary to you both, Jean and Bill 🥂🥃.

Just now getting caught up on all this and looks like you are having a fine time.  Agree about throwing the facetimers overboard.  We do occasionally facetime with family while on board, but only in the suite not in the public areas. 

And don't get me started on the chair hogs or the ones who move loungers into the walking track.  

On 12/26/2022 at 1:29 PM, zipcruise said:

Does anybody know why the  Nicaragua stop was cancelled? So sad, we would have liked to see the volcano. Maybe still Covid issues?

On 12/26/2022 at 2:20 PM, mrlevin said:

………………. and the Captain still insists “port closed due to covid

……………….. and the RSSC website still shows that we are there today 🙄 🤔

23 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Today we are docked in Punteranus, Costa Rica.

D8C135BD-3244-4980-A35D-4FF6BCFBB950.thumb.jpeg.15470d656f30799b0dd6b0ed73808a5d.jpeg

Our excursion took us to the Jaguar & Macaw sanctuary, where we saw all manner of flora & fauna including a pair of Jaguars, Macaws & other colourful birds, monkeys, tapirs and sloths.

92A6695E-8359-4358-B13D-0CF39781F6B3.thumb.jpeg.e0aeb8580ab1d4cc93c9481e5b4a2c92.jpeg

5CA8D6AE-EF39-46C0-AE01-CB2BFE6410A4.thumb.jpeg.e19a77bac09b6ca48f4fe42a70bb060d.jpeg

B76F06BA-43AA-4FD7-BB80-214DDFB4D8CD.thumb.jpeg.02a63db7e31a5e8937f9cfc3998db155.jpeg

3BCBF0B4-0AC3-40B8-B664-69ACF5C6611D.thumb.jpeg.3e704da3849cebea018348919ded8eed.jpeg

54D2A28C-708E-49DD-A8EF-3E1467D542C5.thumb.jpeg.682549be8b3cf51134799ea3d9be7afd.jpeg

The third item on the list of rules below indicates that Doctor Dolittle might not be welcome 🤔

D4CDF005-9ED8-4EB7-B568-7D70E5E534B9.thumb.jpeg.3010784f7dfd0aff63a499b3d9cb8a34.jpeg

Thank you for sharing these breathtaking photos!

• Thanks 1