maybe I'm amazed

complawyer

well, unless something has changed in the past few hours (and i dont believe it has), isnt it amazing that after a few years of the dynamic alleged "sales" ncl has been running (30% 0ff, 40% off, 2nd person is  free), now after all these years even though there is no sale, the prices haven't changed at all?

• Haha 2

when i  posted, this wasnt showing, i wanted to make sure before i made the statement. be that as it may, you will notice once again the over inflated prices have not changed.

consequently, since in the goodness of their hearts and in the spirit of the season, and  there is now a "sale" please disregard my post

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

No sale?  Where are you seeing that?  There is ALWAYS a sale.  NCL.com now indicates that we're in the "'Tis the Season Sale." 🤣  Check it out!

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

‘Tis the Season

61FF3DA7-A677-4866-AB9A-E34334D94406.thumb.jpeg.8ce341c12389f88998d10f5b2bd56abd.jpeg

LOL...I got all excited when I saw this, "2nd guest free". I called to have my rate adjusted and discovered that my original rate is less than this sale with both of us being charged. So I asked her how this can be. She said that they raised the price for one person so they can advertise the second one for free but NCL is still getting the same rate, just making you think you are getting something..essentially you are not getting the second guest free. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

well, this "sale" seems to have been going on in one form or another for a few years. my only problem is the cabin prices never seem to reflect any type of sale. it looks like ncl just jacked up the original prices, and cut them down to normal claiming a sale.

• Like 1

It is a fact that pre-covid I was able to book cruises for my husband and myself in type balcony- or club balcony cabins without any sale going on just by booking early, often a year in advance - at "reasonable" rates. And post-covid, with all the "sales" going on, I pay significantly higher rates for category inside cabins than I just a few years ago paid for balcony cabins (balcony cabins seems to be "out of reach" for my wallet at the moment, ecept if I get "lucky" through the upgrade program before the cruise actually sails).

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, complawyer said:

well, this "sale" seems to have been going on in one form or another for a few years. my only problem is the cabin prices never seem to reflect any type of sale. it looks like ncl just jacked up the original prices, and cut them down to normal claiming a sale.

You can look at this as a positive development.

Since the prices do not vary as a function of what sales is in place, you don't have to worry about missing a sale.

If  you want to get the best prices, you need to get the best Travel Agent, one who discounts the NCL published fares.

When my wife and I were in college the was a shoe store on the shopping street that was always having a sale. We were recently back in town 30 years later. Warmed our hearts to see the shoe store was still there. And yep, they were having a sale. 

13 hours ago, complawyer said:

when i  posted, this wasnt showing, i wanted to make sure before i made the statement. be that as it may, you will notice once again the over inflated prices have not changed.

consequently, since in the goodness of their hearts and in the spirit of the season, and  there is now a "sale" please disregard my post

If the prices are over inflated its time for you to find a different line.

Heartily agree with many/most/all of the posts!

Canadian consumer laws are pretty stringent and no-nonsense in certain areas - sale prices being among them.  Many major retailers have been dinged - usually involving mattress sales!

Basically, if something is "50% off", you have to demonstrate a reasonable time period  when it wasn't on sale AND that the price being advertised is truly 50% off. That is, if a cruise is 50% off, the Regulators need to see a few weeks where the full price was being charged and then what the sale got you.  

I've always been amazed that no-one in Canada has  called out NCL on this basic consumer fact. Ultimately,  not worth the time and effort that an "official" consumer complaint takes and NCL knows it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I've always been amazed that no-one in Canada has  called out NCL on this basic consumer fact. Ultimately,  not worth the time and effort that an "official" consumer complaint takes and NCL knows it!

Would Canada have jurisdiction on a cruise that doesn't depart/arrive/stop in Canada?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Would Canada have jurisdiction on a cruise that doesn't depart/arrive/stop in Canada?

100% - you're selling a product in Canada in Canadian dollars on a Canadian webpage. This is simply an "item" that you're selling in Canada.Jurisdiction on a cruise is a completely different issue.

Would be different if you were buying it from the NCL US site.

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 1

zqvol.. are you saying the prices are not overinflated, and that the so called sale is really a sale? if so, you havent been paying any attention over the past few years.

and, as an aside, how many ncl cruises have you taken in the past 12 years.

i have my own personal reasons for continuing with ncl ( dont bother to ask, it's no ones business)

and if you would have read further, you would have seen that i asked for my post to be retracted as once again, in their extreme generosity, ncl is running another "sale"

3 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Heartily agree with many/most/all of the posts!

Canadian consumer laws are pretty stringent and no-nonsense in certain areas - sale prices being among them.  Many major retailers have been dinged - usually involving mattress sales!

Basically, if something is "50% off", you have to demonstrate a reasonable time period  when it wasn't on sale AND that the price being advertised is truly 50% off. That is, if a cruise is 50% off, the Regulators need to see a few weeks where the full price was being charged and then what the sale got you.  

Last thing I want is my Govt involved with free market pricing…

Just now, PTC DAWG said:

Last thing I want is my Govt involved with free market pricing…

But your OK with fraudulent advertisements by a large corporation?  The government is doing NOTHING about setting the price ... they're just saying you can't advertise non-existent specials!

The cruise line can charge what they want!

• Like 1